Atalanta vs AC MILAN

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
what do u think will happen in this game? who will win? who will score. as we all know we will win and pippo will score. sheva will be back soon and redondo.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Well the Rossoneri are returning to the Atleti Azzurri d'Italia, where we have enjoyed prior success. I think Atalanta gets a much needed boost with Doni's return from suspension, but that side is completely beat up right now. Too many injuries of significance to name, so why bother. I expect another convincing Milan win......well, 3-0 seems to be a good median score. Not sure how much of a role Pippo will play.....I guess it depends on how much time, or what he does for La Nazionale on Saturday vs Yugoslavia. Pippo or No Pippo........Milan will have minimal difficulties here. Its tough to say who will step up because of our talent base (I know who won't step up tho, Jon Dahl ;) ), but the usual suspects should terrorize Massimo Taibi and the Atalanta defense.

Stiff_vs_Mr_Oerk

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
1-4 to Milan???
Inzaghi breaks the deadlock as usual with 2 goals, and maybe goals from Rui Costa and Seedorf for instance?
Well - I hope this match will be a match for Abbiati between the posts...
And the preferred defence: Simic-Maldini-Nesta-Kaladze
With the same mezmerising midfielders: Pirlo-Rui Costa-Gattuso-Seedorf
And finally: Inzaghi and Tomasson - (Rivaldo and Serginho are injuried at the moment...)

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well mabye they are injured but they have about 8 days still to recover. I would stick with Serginho rather than Tomasson as that formation against Torino worked wonders :eek: IF serginho AND rivaldo are still injured then - for me its LEO time!! :D I know it wont happen but i would love it :tongue:

Stiff_vs_Mr_Oerk

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Jamie said:
Well mabye they are injured but they have about 8 days still to recover. I would stick with Serginho rather than Tomasson as that formation against Torino worked wonders :eek: IF serginho AND rivaldo are still injured then - for me its LEO time!! :D I know it wont happen but i would love it :tongue:

Yeah - Let's hope for Seginho he'll recover to the match
- As for Leo... It could be fascinating to watch him again!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Totally agree with Jaime.......forget about Jon Dahl Tomasson.......Serghino is more than capable of playing in the second striker role. Jon Dahl....don't worry, the Coppa Italia will have our team engaged in it soon enough.....you should see some time then my friend.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well i think that they will recover till then,there us much time.
About result i won't say anything because i hate that.Always when i will say that we will win we are loosing,so that's why i will keep my mouth shout ;)

Rex

Reaction score
Milan will play Atalanta away while the Vavasori team have one single point after a dissapointing opener match in the league and still couldn't find the best format the team games that can convince the team into the finishing touch from their frontmen. Vavasori certainly needs to take three points advantage home, if it doesn't what to be expected on the field, the question's ability for the coach is become sacking shortlist from the management sooner or later.

On the other hand, Milan in this match likely won't bring our bomber Pippo who is having foot injury. In terms of condition, JDT could be a suitable replacemant and togetherness from available players to finish a win games away over Atalanta. :)

kharrazian

Primavera
Reaction score
The name of Atalanta is from one of greek female gods which has been the god of speed on the earth.
Anyway i hate atalanta because their jersey recalls me inter!we will win 1-0 with the goal of seedorf :)

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Its so important to win for 2 reasons.

1] We have a hard game away to Chievo next time around where there is a bigger chance of dropping points.

2] If Inter against Juve then we go 5 points ahead of Juve. If Inter DONT win we go top of the league :D So if we win its win-win for Milan, if you see what I mean!

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
with no pippo or sheva... i think rivaldo and jdt must step it up, boriello could come on as a sub... i wanna see Gattusso, Pirlo, Rui and Seedorf in midfield again.. possibly Ambrosini, Leonardo(if ready), redondo (if healthy), dalla Bona and Serginho off the bench

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Red&BlackDevils said:
dida, kaladze, nesta, maldini, simic, seedorf, rui costa, pirlo, gattuso, borriello, tomasson posible 11

wouldnt you prefer Rivaldo to Borriello :conf:

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Trust me Rivaldo will be playing. Now Helveg is fit too, who would you guys prefer to start on the right, Simic or Helveg?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Good question Jaime. I consider both to be rather equal. Normally I would pick the Dane, but as you all have noticed, Simic seems to understand his role rather well on this Milan side. He has been a pleasant surprise, but Helveg is up for it as well. Helveg understands that role of playing as an outside back here, and I am sure he is more than capable of doing the business from that position as well. Doesn't seem like a real issue to me whether who starts there, but if it is, its a nice problem to have because of the fact that it appears both of these guy's contributions will be about equal on most matchdays.

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
again, another 0-3 for milan (at least that is my prediction hehe). a solid defense and creative midfield will only make any of the strikers rivaldo, tomasson or borriello score lots of goals...
serginho did great in torino game when he played suprisingly as a striker, so this time he might have another chance..
anyway, FORZA MILAN!

Reaction score
fino a questo punto tutto va bene con questa difesa di ferro. spero che nessuno si faccia male perche in panchina c`e` uno che si chiama martin laursen :eek: e se ci sara lui, dida avra molto da fare e prendiamo un sacco di gol, credetemi!!!

bill0621

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm a bit worried about Milan defence in the coming match against Atalanta. Nesta is a world class centre defender, no question about that, however, his recent performances with national side were not so convincing, moreover, the home defeat against Wales will more or less affect his performance in Atlanta. The same applies to Simic who suffered from defeat with his national side. Maldini has shown signs of bouncing back to his top form, but a needless own goal against Milan youth team remained me again his age. Kaladze, he has improved tremendously, but I still think his offense is better than defence, someone will have to take care of the space behind him when he goes forward. There will be lots of hard works to be done in the match, and if I'm not wrong, Milan has not won a match in the recent 4 meetings with Atalanta. Personally, I'd prefer to see Milan win 1-0 rather than 4-3.But anyway, I really hope Milan can bring home 3 pts. Milan forever!!! :o

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Good news. It appears no Doni for the Bergamo side. (hahahaha....."doni" means "gifts" in Italian.....so, thats a cool double pun :D ) he really dictates their play from his midfield role, and without him, well, it will be a long day for Atalanta. JDT..........please prove me wrong........and do something remotely creative Sunday. I do not care how early it is in this season............but when it comes to Tomasson, I feel like I support the Magpies.

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Will Sheva play? I heard that Rivaldo is not playing.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
No Sheva won't play
"Carlo Ancelotti is missing both Inzaghi and Shevchenko up front and with Rivaldo not on top of his game yet, the coach has a dilemma up front. However, the other absentees like Chamot, Roque Jr., Helveg etc. are not starters, so Ancelotti should go with his first choice midfield and back four."

Reaction score
bill0621 said:
To be honest, I'm a bit worried about Milan defence in the coming match against Atalanta. Nesta is a world class centre defender, no question about that, however, his recent performances with national side were not so convincing, moreover, the home defeat against Wales will more or less affect his performance in Atlanta. The same applies to Simic who suffered from defeat with his national side. Maldini has shown signs of bouncing back to his top form, but a needless own goal against Milan youth team remained me again his age. Kaladze, he has improved tremendously, but I still think his offense is better than defence, someone will have to take care of the space behind him when he goes forward. There will be lots of hard works to be done in the match, and if I'm not wrong, Milan has not won a match in the recent 4 meetings with Atalanta. Personally, I'd prefer to see Milan win 1-0 rather than 4-3.But anyway, I really hope Milan can bring home 3 pts. Milan forever!!! :o
I hope Jon will get a chance
to indicate his capability
He is really somebody
who can endure the long period of waiting!

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
amazing, 1-4... finally rivaldo and tomasson scored!
wow, a win is great but a win with big results like 1-4 is amazing...

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
JDT..........please prove me wrong........and do something remotely creative Sunday

There you go! :D he did! Although he missed a couple of great chances he still scored :) Anyway this is fantastic and we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!! YEEEYY!! Our goal difference is incredible. For: 17 Against: 3
Roll on Bayern!!! :devil:

Reaction score
Great result!

I'm happpy that Tomasson scored, both as a Dane and as a Milanista. It will be important to have as many on-form players as possible later in the season. And for JDT: Dont expect him to make great technical things, but I'm sure he will work hard when being played, and score some goals as well.

I can't wait for the 23/11...(Derby) :cool:

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we killed them for sure. next is bayern. spanish football doing bad. real, barca, deportivo lost this weekend, and arsenal finally lost too.
next week
Chievo vs Milan
Lazio vs Roma
Inter vs Bologna

Schedule