The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 16-01-2014, 06:29   #1021
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

What a lackluster card...I left it on the TV while I was doing water change for my fish tank, eventually turned it off because it was so boring to me.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2014, 08:47   #1022
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
What a lackluster card...I left it on the TV while I was doing water change for my fish tank, eventually turned it off because it was so boring to me.
January is a really shitty month as far as UFC events go.

Benson vs Thomson up next in a 5 rounder, might be worth the watch. Im rather curios how will Benson recover from his title loss.

Sergio Pettis ( the brother of the current champion) will fight in the prelims also. He is currently 10 - 0 - 0 , only one of them being in the UFC. His one to watch for the future.

Signature
New Era version 8+
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2014, 13:21   #1023
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
January is a really shitty month as far as UFC events go.

Benson vs Thomson up next in a 5 rounder, might be worth the watch. Im rather curios how will Benson recover from his title loss.

Sergio Pettis ( the brother of the current champion) will fight in the prelims also. He is currently 10 - 0 - 0 , only one of them being in the UFC. His one to watch for the future.
Bendo vs. Thompson will be another snoozer IMO. Two wrestlers who are not really known for their finishing. I like Bendo as a fighter but he is so boring to watch. His "power kicks" get caught almost every single time now. Overall, his game relies on grinding people down.

Don't really like Sergio Pettis or most of the fighters under 145. They are simply too light and the fight is mostly about speed and angles and you rarely see any one finish the fight unless its submission. There are some great fighters in those divsions, but overall, they aren't too interesting to me.

Signature
Old 16-01-2014, 14:50   #1024
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Bendo vs. Thompson will be another snoozer IMO. Two wrestlers who are not really known for their finishing. I like Bendo as a fighter but he is so boring to watch. His "power kicks" get caught almost every single time now. Overall, his game relies on grinding people down.

Don't really like Sergio Pettis or most of the fighters under 145. They are simply too light and the fight is mostly about speed and angles and you rarely see any one finish the fight unless its submission. There are some great fighters in those divsions, but overall, they aren't too interesting to me.
Maybe Bendo's latest training camp put things into perspective for him, that he needs to diversify his arsenal.

I do tend to agree with under 145, i mean i only like two people from that category : Faber & Cruz.

Signature
New Era version 8+
Old 17-01-2014, 06:48   #1025
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

On another note, GSP is being such a little bitch. I'm not pro-Dana White and realize that he has his flaws. But GSP is handling this very wrong. Should have just said he wanted to retire on a high note instead coming out with all this "against UFC testing policy" crap.

Sounds like he wants to make accusations but doesn't want to say it iin public.

Signature
Old 17-01-2014, 20:38   #1026
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
On another note, GSP is being such a little bitch. I'm not pro-Dana White and realize that he has his flaws. But GSP is handling this very wrong. Should have just said he wanted to retire on a high note instead coming out with all this "against UFC testing policy" crap.

Sounds like he wants to make accusations but doesn't want to say it iin public.
Speaking off:

Guess now we know why Romero was in such a hurry to finish the fight

Signature
New Era version 8+
Old 26-01-2014, 10:26   #1027
Az.
Se7en

How the fuck did Bendo win 49-46??

Josh was better then him ffs with a broken thumb in all rounds except the third, this judges

Signature
New Era version 8+
Old 27-01-2014, 17:16   #1028
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
How the fuck did Bendo win 49-46??

Josh was better then him ffs with a broken thumb in all rounds except the third, this judges
Benson won 48-47 on my card. Josh got him in a couple of bad positions but was not able to do ANYTHING with it. Definitely not a 49-46 but I would have guessed it was Benson by split decision. Another lackluster card, I hope next weekend delivers.

Signature
Old 02-02-2014, 16:27   #1029
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Faber owned again, can we finally write him off now? The guy is not good enough to fight for titles, at either division. Kind of like Frankie Edgar now.

Good performance by Barao and Aldo, those Nova Uniao boys don't play.

Signature
Old 03-02-2014, 02:13   #1030
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben

Now it looks like we get to see Pettis vs Aldo, I see Aldo taking that fight. Also WTF was Overeem doing calling out Lesnar?
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 14:08   #1031
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Quote:
Faber owned again, can we finally write him off now? The guy is not good enough to fight for titles, at either division. Kind of like Frankie Edgar now.

Good performance by Barao and Aldo, those Nova Uniao boys don't play.
lol, you write off a guy who only lost title fights ever since 2003????????

I don't like his fights, but he is a high level fighter, no question about it

overeem is scared of cigano, couldn't be more simple, he wants to fight with a guy he already won and is far from his best, maybe even more than when they fought

overeem is a heavyweight who can't knockdown his opponentes neither have a great cardio

if bagautinov and overeem exchanged their sizes, it would be great for both
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:49   #1032
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
lol, you write off a guy who only lost title fights ever since 2003????????

I don't like his fights, but he is a high level fighter, no question about it

overeem is scared of cigano, couldn't be more simple, he wants to fight with a guy he already won and is far from his best, maybe even more than when they fought

overeem is a heavyweight who can't knockdown his opponentes neither have a great cardio

if bagautinov and overeem exchanged their sizes, it would be great for both
In terms of title shots, yeah. I think Faber is a level below the best fighters in both 135 and 145. Even Cruz I feel is better even though I hate his fighting style. He's still a high level fighter, but I see him becoming that guy you have to beat to get the title shot.

Overeem's problem is heart actually. I just don't think that guy has the heart like the HW elite right now. I remember when Overeem was in Pride his fights were always exciting and he would come out strong against many fighters but eventually fade away and gets beaten up (Chuck, Shogun X2, Lil Nog, Werdum, Kharitonov). Dude went on a tear for awhile and won the Strikeforce belt, DREAM Hw belt, K-1 World Grand Prix and beat Brock Lesnar. He's semi-accomplished in the MMA, kickboxing, and grappling world now so Overeem has even less motivation and drive and that's showing in his matches.

Signature
Old 05-02-2014, 21:09   #1033
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

is frank muuur cut yet?
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 21:58   #1034
ww
Banned

I wouldn't fire him...

yeah, he's been on a bad track, but it was a seriously hard track, I don't see anderson silva having such hard challenges ever since he began at the ufc

and it's always better to see a heavyweight contest than a shitweight match-up that ends up with 500 strikes thrown, no bruises and decided by judges

put frank mir to fight against brendan schaub, soa palelei... whatever, I don't remember him fighting one fight that was more boring than an urijah faber fight and if lesnar comes back, mir is definitelly the best opponent for him, it would be legendary
Old 05-02-2014, 22:08   #1035
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Mir is only 34, and he's been given guys like Cormier and Overeem. Against guys like Roy Nelson and Big Nog is where his future should be, he will continue to get dominated against the contenders in the HW division. Still wouldn't be surprised if he is cut though.
Old 05-02-2014, 23:42   #1036
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

i also prefer heavy weight fights, but mir's been losing too much... 4th in a row now?

and he's been dominated in all of them.

if fitch got cut, then mir should be too.

funny thing with Mir is that he talks so much before every fight, just to get spanked when it's fight time.

now i don't really care what happens in the end, just my opinion.
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 13:47   #1037
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

UFC lhw thiago silva just charged into his Bjj school and threatened his coach Pablo Papovitch about possible fidelities with his ( thiago silvas ) wife. He them barricaded himself inside his home while the SWAT team was outside.

Latest update: he is apprehended now, maybe fucked big time because there was armed stand off with police.

His wife is Thaysa is a black belt under Pablo Popovitch in his Florida school

Silva is currently charged with
Aggravated batter with a deadly weapon
resisting office-obstuct without violence
Two counts of commit/attempt specified felony could cause death.

Currently held without a bond

Signature

Last edited by Curupira; 07-02-2014 at 14:48.
Old 07-02-2014, 15:18   #1038
ww
Banned

Old 07-02-2014, 19:09   #1039
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Just read the police report on Silva, and I don't find it that hard to believe, dude has always seemed like a crazy motherfucker.
Old 08-02-2014, 00:07   #1040
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Dana White released a statement, he's cut and never fighting in UFC again, as suspected

Signature