Mattia De Sciglio Thread

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
most over-rated primavera player from milan ever.... he's not a bad player, but my god, everyone's calling him the new maldini this week, yet his dribble, defending, crosses are average at best.... the only thing he stands out for is his intelligence (and therefore tactical qualities)...besides that, very very average in my opinion..

i don't think his assist was deflected, but i wouldn't be surprised... credit must be given though for breaking the offside trap, and passing the player like that and creating the goal - even if it was deflected...

and i think both goals against Italy were De Sciglio's fault as well... yet they claimed he had a good game smh... even the football analysts on TV all claimed both goals were his fault on Al-Jazeera.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WqE98qe.gif

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
most over-rated primavera player from milan ever.... he's not a bad player, but my god, everyone's calling him the new maldini this week, yet his dribble, defending, crosses are average at best.... the only thing he stands out for is his intelligence (and therefore tactical qualities)...besides that, very very average in my opinion..

i don't think his assist was deflected, but i wouldn't be surprised... credit must be given though for breaking the offside trap, and passing the player like that and creating the goal - even if it was deflected...

and i think both goals against Italy were De Sciglio's fault as well... yet they claimed he had a good game smh... even the football analysts on TV all claimed both goals were his fault on Al-Jazeera.

Dud not going to call you an idiot or names (not my style); however, you need to realize he is not playing in his true position. I said many times that he is nowhere near Maldini. For me, he can become a better version of Phillip Lahm.
Overrated? Slightly for some but the same can be said of most young players. Does he needs to grow? Yeah. I agree with maldini that stated he needs to be more agressive; however, Italy's style is most conservative in contrast to Milan.

As I said before, the kid is playing in the wrong position and he do not do it bad. He was not great either. Anyways, here is his interview after the game for you:

The exterior of the National De Mattia Sciglio, speaking of Rai , said his performance in the race victory over Malta: "I am happy to assist served at Mario, has allowed us to put the game down. was not easy to play against the team that ended very well. My goal is to continue to do well with Milan, then in the next meetings of the coach we'll see. I must continue to do their best. again I Maldini? Paolo has done something incredible, I can wish to do even half of what he did. "

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/altre-notizie/italia-de-sciglio-felice-per-l-assist-a-balotelli-435449

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score

Ban please

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Someone managed to read the whole post?

PaoloMaldini3

Legend
Reaction score

Oh my god... :fp:

He isn´t overrated. He is a RB but play LB so it isn´t his fault that his crosses aren´t that good. His dribbling is very good for an 20 years old LB/RB. He was superb in defending against Brazil.

His assist was very good but the best thing at this goal was the pass from Bonucci.

No. Al-Jazeera is stupid. De Sciglio was great versus brazil he is so cool for his age. The first goal was definitely Bonuccis fault. Hulk was free and De Sciglio was going to Hulk and then Bonucci bring the ball to Fred. The second goal was a bit his fault and Pirlos.

I think you are just to stupid to see what a talent he is.

He is only 20 years old. Compare him with Maldini when he was 20 years old. ;)

Last edited:

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso

:fp::fp::fp:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
most over-rated primavera player from milan ever.... he's not a bad player, but my god, everyone's calling him the new maldini this week, yet his dribble, defending, crosses are average at best.... the only thing he stands out for is his intelligence (and therefore tactical qualities)...

That's great, while intelligence is tough to teach. The others he can develop, and make more consistent. He already showed he has talent in all those attributes.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's great, while intelligence is tough to teach. The others he can develop, and make more consistent. He already showed he has talent in all those attributes.

that is correct, intelligence is something you can't develop (see Abate for example)... but other aspects he could improve upon..

my concern is - he has no quality that is outstanding.... he is our best fullback, but he is competing against Abate who was transfer listed this January, Constant (first season as FB), and Antonini... he is the best one not cause of his outstanding abilities, but cause the lack of a valid option....

his crosses are not better than Constants or Abates, if you don't believe that, just pay attention to how many crosses fail to reach the target, you will be shocked at how bad they are if you pay attention..... physicality, very weak - pushed off the ball quite often (but that's not a concern, that can be fixed).. short passing is good, that can improve... dribble is average... best position or not, dribbling and crossing efficiency will not change drastically by playing him in the opposing flank... besides - he's had a fair amount of games on the left side just as he had on the right.

people here are defending him simply because he plays for their team and is a youngster and is performing solidly at a young age (like Pato and Gilardino's cases).. people have no objectivity what-so-ever here... I'm not asking for him to be sold, I'm just saying he's nowhere near as good as ppl make him to be...

Santon on the otherhand, is full of talent, and with a little bit of training under the right people (like what De Sciglio is having now), can develop so much better in my opinion.... anyways, remember this when De Sciglio turns into another average full-back in 3-4 years and you all will start calling for a new fullback.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
that is correct, intelligence is something you can't develop (see Abate for example)... but other aspects he could improve upon..

my concern is - he has no quality that is outstanding.... he is our best fullback, but he is competing against Abate who was transfer listed this January, Constant (first season as FB), and Antonini... he is the best one not cause of his outstanding abilities, but cause the lack of a valid option....

his crosses are not better than Constants or Abates, if you don't believe that, just pay attention to how many crosses fail to reach the target, you will be shocked at how bad they are if you pay attention..... physicality, very weak - pushed off the ball quite often (but that's not a concern, that can be fixed).. short passing is good, that can improve... dribble is average... best position or not, dribbling and crossing efficiency will not change drastically by playing him in the opposing flank... besides - he's had a fair amount of games on the left side just as he had on the right.

people here are defending him simply because he plays for their team and is a youngster and is performing solidly at a young age (like Pato and Gilardino's cases).. people have no objectivity what-so-ever here... I'm not asking for him to be sold, I'm just saying he's nowhere near as good as ppl make him to be...

Santon on the otherhand, is full of talent, and with a little bit of training under the right people (like what De Sciglio is having now), can develop so much better in my opinion.... anyways, remember this when De Sciglio turns into another average full-back in 3-4 years and you all will start calling for a new fullback.

If. He's 20.

Nikfes

Fresh rumour.
Reaction score

For the love of god, ban this idiot for idiocy

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Santon also is a talent. Ideally, we would have both. De Sciglio can rotate with Santon and Abate, and then Constant can leave; when I watched our game against Barça, he was so amazingly awful. It was not a matter of just having a bad game, but he really was clueless. De Sciglio can become a starter whenever he should be. The more he plays, the better it is for him, whether it is on the left or right side. Though, good chance he should be a starter now already, surely with freaking Constant and Abate as alternatives. Just start De Sciglio on the left, while Constant is not quite clever.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
De Sciglio - no talent.

Santon - full of talent.

Despite De Sciglio showing more in his youth than Santon...

Santon shut down Cristiano??? OMGGG he did nothingelse.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Seriously dud, how many games have you watched him play? His crosses are way better than Abate and Constant. Albeit, that is when he plays as RB.
Understand that, he is a RB playing as LB. I have said many times DeSciglio had beaten Abate for the position after the Juve game at San Siro.

Not to mention, you have mentioned Santon as full of talent. If he was full of talent; he would have been already one of the best LB already despite of who is coaching him. Plus, aren't you the same dud that keeps saying that DeSciglio is nowhere near of what Abate is?

To end this, DeSciglio is not a finished product; however, he is a great talent. The only thing I am afraid that he could be wasted if he keeps being used as LB.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Probably the dumbest two posts I`ve seen on the forum, and there have been some dumb people around here..

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He is performing at LB. Don't think it's a waste. And De Sciglio himself said he prefer to attack from the left side.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
He has been pretty effective as a LB, especially when it comes to attacking. His crosses, for one are way better....

He just needs to work on the defensive side when he plays at LB, but that will come with experience

p.s. - Hitman, go home.....you're drunk

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
Santon better than De sciglio :lol:

Even maldini have praise him
:fp::fp::fp:

Last edited:

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
First,Baretta has more potential than Paloschi,Comi,Petagna and now De Sciglio is the most overrated Primavera product...What's next???:lol::lol::lol:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Italy defender Mattia De Sciglio has dismissed comparisons with AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini.

De Sciglio helped Italy to victory over World Cup qualifying opponents Malta last night.

"I am happy to make an assist for Mario (Balotelli), which has allowed us to put the game down. It was not easy to play against them, but it ended very well," said the defender.

"My goal is to continue to do well with Milan, then in the next international meetings I'll see what the coach wants. I must continue to do my best.

"Maldini? Paolo has done something amazing, I would hope to do even half of what he did."

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
instead of everyone saying idiot, ban him, crazy all this bs, why dont you post valid stuff and discuss?

what does De Sciglio have that other FB's dont? what does he bring to the table that other fullbacks can't? Let's not compare De Sciglio to Constant, but if Milan wants to return to greatness, let's compare De Sciglio to players like Evra, Jordi Alba, Marcelo. I would agree that he is more intelligent than all three, but in terms of talent....he is not better than any of those players in any part of the game. Granted - he is only 19/20 and can only grow - but as of today - he has shown nothing yet...

can't believe ppl think his crosses are good... they are ridiculously bad. you have to watch every game and focus on every cross to see how bad they are. anyways, i definitely want to keep De Sciglio in the starting lineup, but if a better LB came along I wouldn't hesitate in benching him...

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, I, for one, am wondering... How many matches starring him did you actually see?
I mean, you actually see more of him than some of the most respected sports journalists. I think you should start chasing journalism career

Last edited:

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First,Baretta has more potential than Paloschi,Comi,Petagna and now De Sciglio is the most overrated Primavera product...What's next???:lol::lol::lol:

Cristante is only good to start his professional career in Serie B, and not in Milan XI

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
instead of everyone saying idiot, ban him, crazy all this bs, why dont you post valid stuff and discuss?

what does De Sciglio have that other FB's dont? what does he bring to the table that other fullbacks can't? Let's not compare De Sciglio to Constant, but if Milan wants to return to greatness, let's compare De Sciglio to players like Evra, Jordi Alba, Marcelo. I would agree that he is more intelligent than all three, but in terms of talent....he is not better than any of those players in any part of the game. Granted - he is only 19/20 and can only grow - but as of today - he has shown nothing yet...

can't believe ppl think his crosses are good... they are ridiculously bad. you have to watch every game and focus on every cross to see how bad they are. anyways, i definitely want to keep De Sciglio in the starting lineup, but if a better LB came along I wouldn't hesitate in benching him...

His performance against Lazio at LB and Jube at RB should be enough answer for De Sciglios talent and how he will be a monstrous FB if he continues developing.
Something is wrong with u bro

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti

your mind is broken

xaviesta

Primavera
Reaction score
De Sciglio has awesome crosses..with both feet to boot.

What on earth are you talking about

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
apparently unless a guy crosses like cafu or maicon he is a bad crosser

unless he defends like maldini in his prime, bad defender.

De Sciglio is ver ygood for his age. He's not perfect, but he's shown more than enough for us to have faith.

Development TAKES TIME

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:fp:What a fucking idiot! :lol:

Schedule