Inzaghi Agrees with Video Evidence

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Inzaghi Agrees With Video Evidence

4/28/2005 4:00:00 PM

The Milan striker is favourable to the decision of applying the video evidence both for violence and simulators on the pitch.
Filippo Inzaghi, renowned for his scoring ability but also for 'falling' easily, agrees that those player who cheat should be punished as much as those who are violent.

“It’s right to apply it (video evidence) both in violent conduct and in those episodes where one tries to cheat.”

However, the Italian international denies he is a diver and blames today’s more physical kind of football as the main reason why he falls so much.

“A diver? In today’s football there are more contrasts and you can fall more easily. I never tried to cheat.”

--------------------------------------GOAL.com

I find it ironic that he agrees i mean i agree as with the prospect of video evidence but i dont believe Inzaghi when he said "never tried to cheat" then obvious he does consider diving a form of cheating.

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
I think that people blame Inzaghi too much for cheating, but that's not right. He isn't strong constitution like Crespo for example and it's normal he falls to te ground more that others + he's alyaws in the box + he is speed and defenders fears of him in some way. I see many situations that should be penality after foul on Pippo, but wasn't..

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I can't beleive he said that, With Video Surveillance, He'll be offside twice as much as he is now. Thats like 50 offsides a game!

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
cuore said:
I can't beleive he said that, With Video Surveillance, He'll be offside twice as much as he is now. Thats like 50 offsides a game!
No, he won't. With Video Surveillance is can be only less. They treated especialy Inzaghi unfair some times with offside and fouls in box.

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I still dont get this video surveillance thing. Are they supposed to stop the game everytime someone falls to see if it was a dive?...Or is there gonna be a video official; and if there is will his decision override the ref? Thats like undermining the ref's authority. Dont know if Collina will be happy with that. Mistakes are part of the game. I don't like em but they go our ways sometimes too.

:dance:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Anderson Lima said:
No, he won't. With Video Surveillance is can be only less. They treated especialy Inzaghi unfair some times with offside and fouls in box.
True, i remember in the first game last year against Deportivo he had a goal ruled out for offside when it was no where near, who knows if that goal had been given we may not have gone out. Video evidence should definately be used in situations like this and when a ball bounces on the goal line etc.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cuore said:
And that's only half as much as Crespo :o

I'm honestly sick of those cheap digs at Pippo, when will people start holding the many offsides against Crespo.. or god forbid.. van Nistelrooij :o There are worse divers than him (C. Ronaldo, Deco, RvN etc) + there are players who are more offside than he is. As it has been said, he might fall easily cos he's a skinny guy + he plays where defenders have no other choice than try to hack him off his feet. Why assume intent only in his case ? :o

I'm more concerned with how the submission + assessment of video 'evidence' is going to be regulated. Right now it seems everyone working for the broadcasting companies can send in a tape. So they start focusing a camera on particular players for 90 min hoping for a punishable offense that goes unnoticed, send the tape in + demand disciplinary action. If you can't beat them on the pitch, take the battle off the pitch ? :rolleyes:

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
I think that if video surveillance was used, it would be easier to see if someone was acting or not. But not in all occasions, only in those who r kinda serious...

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think diving is a skill too,
It is part and puzzle of a soccer match,
if you do not execute it properly,
you will get a card for it...
I think it make soccer more interesting

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Roksana said:
I think that if video surveillance was used, it would be easier to see if someone was acting or not. But not in all occasions, only in those who r kinda serious...
Certainly. "Rivaldo being hit on the thigh and then fell down covering his face in WC" is an example!

And it can control the behaviour of the players. So I agree with that.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
takahan said:
I think diving is a skill too,
It is part and puzzle of a soccer match,
if you do not execute it properly,
you will get a card for it...
I think it make soccer more interesting

So football is not interesting enough, let's add more diving to it???
I think referee's decision should stand, but then if it's found out that the player was diving, that player should be punished. It's not that hard.

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
pnut408 said:
So football is not interesting enough, let's add more diving to it???
I think referee's decision should stand, but then if it's found out that the player was diving, that player should be punished. It's not that hard.

I agreed with you that player should be punished,
thats why it make soccer more interesting
sometime the split second decision of bleaching the rules and regulation may determine the result of the match.
Either you get a reward or a punishment of it.
I find this decision very interesting.
And I dont think it is unfair to opponent team for a player to dive
because they can also choose to dive,
it is up to their skill on how are they going to cheat the referee.

Anyway I wanna defend myself,
I never said that football is not interesting enough,
I am just saying diving does make soccer more interesting.
And which striker never attempt to dive before?
and which defender never attempt to do an illegal tackle?

Last edited:

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
Here, they teach us how to dive at the age of 16, no joke. I kno kids who get like 2 penalty kicks a game cuz there so good at it.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
pnut408 said:
Obviously! It's so damn easy, why are people argueing about it. And about Pippo, I guess that he dived in most situations at Juve, and was fouled at Milan in simmilar ones.:D

Schedule