The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 14-10-2019, 11:53   #81
jurinius
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini

Biglia dictate the play I just wanna see him doing. Lets just say he is experienced and can deliver good 50 min in every game.

Signature
08 January 2019
MALDINI: "PAQUETÁ IS A PROMISING PLAYER"
jurinius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 12:43   #82
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Remove piatek
Agreed.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 15:39   #83
CDarius
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Remove piatek
Nah. I think everyone is a litlle bit too mean to him. Im not going to say that he didnt got service and stuff but yeah i agree that lately he falls too easy in a contact and stuff but i think he is our maine goalscorer along Leao. The difference is Leao can create too but Tek is more of the poacher. Yeah yeah i know he missed a lot of chances against Torino but unfortunately that happens to everyone. I want to see him upfront next to Leao with Paquega behind them. I want that brazlian, skillfull Milan with a poacher in front of the goal and i think those 3 guys are the ones.

Lets not forget they are young and none of them have played too a very high level so their inconsistence is normal.
CDarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 18:26   #84
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

I see people are trying to justify Biglia again.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 19:03   #85
Riffstein
Rookie

I think Biglia is a stupid but somewhat understandable move, the response time of Pioli knowing it’s a stupid move will probably be the true indicator for me for what to expect from him in terms of player choices this season. So this is a good test he’s put himself in.
Piatek for me doesn’t get any proper service, I am 100% convinced in that, is he lacking ? yes, he’s lacking etc etc etc but he was still lacking those last season, maybe there’s a certain frustration because we expect the players to grow in experience and work on themselves which is not apparent here, but how would I know that when he doesn’t get the ball ? Or when the whole system flawed ? In that case have any of the players showed any improvement since last season ?when I see him standing in a somewhat good scoring position and the players choose to try and score themselves instead of passing to him, I just have to give him excuses. last season was different, when there was (or at least to me) this attitude of “hey this guy is coming to save us in the front” and all the players were passing to him, he scored much more goals and was much more comfortable, but it seems like the likes of suso and Kessié have reverted back to their old ways. Last match, the screamer miss he did was actually assisted by Romangoli, that’s kind of an indicator.
Riffstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 03:13   #86
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon View Post
He shouldve kept 19

This is why you all should believe in curse and shit
.. we deserve a worthy #9 and #10 after all these shit years

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDarius View Post
Nah. I think everyone is a litlle bit too mean to him. Im not going to say that he didnt got service and stuff but yeah i agree that lately he falls too easy in a contact and stuff but i think he is our maine goalscorer along Leao. The difference is Leao can create too but Tek is more of the poacher. Yeah yeah i know he missed a lot of chances against Torino but unfortunately that happens to everyone. I want to see him upfront next to Leao with Paquega behind them. I want that brazlian, skillfull Milan with a poacher in front of the goal and i think those 3 guys are the ones.

Lets not forget they are young and none of them have played too a very high level so their inconsistence is normal.

I overall agree with your post, but I don’t feel like he should be a sure starter.. especially since Leao proved that he is better at CF.

But hey I am sure Pioli will start Piatek regardless of what us posters wish, so let us hope he delivers this time.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 17:45   #87
t0mmy
Rookie

Leao must plays as 9.
t0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 11:45   #88
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Another possibility that I can see Pioli doing is the following:

--Hakan----Piatek----Suso

-Paqueta-----Biglia-----Bennacer-

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 12:40   #89
Congo Powers
sempre grintuso

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post

--Hakan--------Suso
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 22:48   #90
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:

--Hakan----Piatek----Suso

-Paqueta-----Biglia-----Bennacer-

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 23:56   #91
fray
Casciavit

IIRC, Castillejo is suspended for the game?

Signature
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 01:37   #92
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

The frightening thing is necro has a pretty solid understanding of how shitty Italian managers think, so I won’t be surprised to see that attack and midfield he posted.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 05:32   #93
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
The frightening thing is necro has a pretty solid understanding of how shitty Italian managers think, so I won’t be surprised to see that attack and midfield he posted.
Hakan-Piatek-Suso has been our main front 3 this year.
It would be very surprising if Pioli doesn't opt for it even once.

As for the midfield, what's so bad about it, if you consider the options?
Biglia starting? None of us are happy about that, but he's the only anchor we have. Bennacer is a poor fit for such a delicate role.
The role for him in a 3 man midfield is in one of the 2 mezz'ali spots, although there are a few adjustments he would need to make.

I'm not sure Paqueta-Biglia-Bennacer is a good combination of midfielders though. It seems to lack an engine.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 08:00   #94
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Yeah, in the end it's still likelier to be Paqueta-Biglia-Kessie for a 4-3-3. But Bennacer should be gunning for that Kessie role, I doubt he'll dislodge Biglia in a 4-3-3 lineup.

Signature
Old 17-10-2019, 08:53   #95
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Yeah, in the end it's still likelier to be Paqueta-Biglia-Kessie for a 4-3-3. But Bennacer should be gunning for that Kessie role, I doubt he'll dislodge Biglia in a 4-3-3 lineup.
I think pressure from Boban and Maldini will force him to start Bennacer eventually in place of Biglia. He was presented as the coach that will grow the young players. I doubt was chosen without giving guarantees that he'll play all the young new guys.

I agree he'll probably start the first few weeks with Biglia, but it won't be long until Bennacer takes over. Maybe he can take over from Kessie, but his qualities are really useful in front of the defence, being able to resist pressing and turn quickly and play a forward pass. The mezzala role, not sure how Pioli sees it, but at least when we played under Gattuso, was mostly a role designed for dribbling and moving the ball up quickly in transitions. There is no one in the team better than Kessie and Paqueta at this.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 09:12   #96
joyrider
Il Moderati

Stefano Pioli’s Milan is beginning to take shape in a 4-3-3 with Ante Rebic, Suso and either Krzysztof Piatek or Rafael Leao.

He came in to replace Marco Giampaolo, who was sacked after four defeats in the opening seven rounds, and will make his debut against Lecce this weekend.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Pioli will stick with the 4-3-3 formation and continues to see Lucas Paqueta as a midfielder rather than in a more advanced role.

The main changes are in the trident, where he could give Rebic his first start in a Rossoneri jersey on the left side of attack.

Suso remains on the right, which means Piatek and Leao are fighting for a single starting place as centre-forward.

Davide Calabria and Samu Castillejo are suspended this weekend, while Lucas Biglia and Paqueta are expected to step in, sending Hakan Calhanoglu and Ismael Bennacer to the bench.

Milan (probable): G Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Biglia, Paqueta; Suso, Piatek, Rebic
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 09:13   #97
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I think pressure from Boban and Maldini will force him to start Bennacer eventually in place of Biglia. He was presented as the coach that will grow the young players. I doubt was chosen without giving guarantees that he'll play all the young new guys.

I agree he'll probably start the first few weeks with Biglia, but it won't be long until Bennacer takes over. Maybe he can take over from Kessie, but his qualities are really useful in front of the defence, being able to resist pressing and turn quickly and play a forward pass. The mezzala role, not sure how Pioli sees it, but at least when we played under Gattuso, was mostly a role designed for dribbling and moving the ball up quickly in transitions. There is no one in the team better than Kessie and Paqueta at this.
^I think management would choose getting 4th place over developing young guys as the larger priority. Let's see how Bennacer shapes up. From what I've seen so far, he doesn't seem appropriate for an anchoring role. It will be great if he can dislodge Biglia from the starting XI, but like I said, I see a greater chance of him closing in on the mezz'ala position.

Signature
Old 17-10-2019, 10:12   #98
joyrider
Il Moderati

I want Leao-Piatek-Rebic up top. Please do this mister Pioli.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 10:56   #99
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Damn, I've done everything I could possible think of to get my mind off Milan and let time pass faster because of the activities I've done. It really has felt like one year, but it's still 3-4 days to go until I can finally watch Milan again, ffs...

Cant wait til the game, I have truly missed you my love, Forzaaa

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 16:39   #100
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
I want Leao-Piatek-Rebic up top. Please do this mister Pioli.
That actually sounds exciting. I haven't given up on Piatek, I think he'll still put in 20-25 goals at least. Let's see if Pioli ever will have the balls to drop Suso though.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote