UCL Round of 16 - AC Milan (0) vs Tottenham Hotspurs (1) - 1st Leg - 15/02/2011

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong most of the Spurs fans are showing respect for us on the unofficial supporters site but you're always going to get one or two who will have a go and it's people who are brainwashed by Sky Sports mostly

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lets put this into perspective, they have beaten the European treble winners, so therefore there fans are quite entitled to think that they can beat Milan or whoever they were drawn against.

I dont for one minute think Redknap will be so stupid, so fuck the Spurs fans, let them say what they want. I think we're a little more object and are intellegent enough to accept that this is a tough test, but a test we can overcome.

If we can control VDV, Mordic and Bale we can win, thats how I see it :D

On their day they can beat anyone in europe probably, that's how far they have came but we are in that same category plus we have the history behind us, it's a long way til Feb and alot depends on form

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
it will be hard for them to cope with the cl eliminatory rounds it's the first time they are here and they will be facing the mighty 7 time winners AC Milan so i think we'll be too much for them to handle although they are a good side and play good football i just can't see their defence conteining ibra and binho and ducky

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
I'm positively confident that we will overcome the spurs "not easily" with the suitable tactics ans the right formation.

I would be glad if we bring on Criscito in the winter's market or any solid and agile LB + Lazzari if that possible too.

I see the light, actually I'm reading the AL's mind clearly.

Please members, stop quoting from Spur's forum, we really don't care about their talks, our gladiators will prove their quality in the field, and will wright the History again.

Forza Milan we are all support you :star:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
People seem to forget that our defence with Silva and Nesta is extremely resistant and strong. Our WB's are not too great however Zambro at LB with Bonera or Abate at Rb will be good enough.

The midfield will probably be: Rino - Ambro - Pirlo with Ibra and whoever is playing better out of Binho and Pato up front aswell, maybe Boateng or Seedorf at AM if we don't get anyone else.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I hope we aint gonna get a spurs fan invasion in the forum a.k.a Man UTD fans, Fenerbahce fans etc :o

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Our defense is hilariously underrated. Oh well, it's better if they're unprepared. :D

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
This is going to be fun :D I'm hoping to go to one of the matches, not sure which or if I can afford it though.

The thought of the Sky commentary makes me want to cut off my ears but they'll stfu when we win comfortably :star: Kuja I agree, our defence is massively underrated. Abate and Zambro will handle these clowns fine.

alex1234

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RONALDINHO ; Pato ; Messi ; Di Maria
we're too slow for them .. but we can let then play like we want ... ;)

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Our defense is hilariously underrated. Oh well, it's better if they're unprepared. :D

By them, yes, but we know the truth ;)

We still need a quality LB though... Fact!

Anyways, I cant respect a team that has a cock in their badge :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Everybody seems to think that,they also think that about our midfield.The joke is so going to be on them:D

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
There's no point debating this folks, we're already in the quarters. EXTREMELY CONFIDENT ABOUT THIS I AM.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
This is going to be fun :D I'm hoping to go to one of the matches, not sure which or if I can afford it though.

The thought of the Sky commentary makes me want to cut off my ears but they'll stfu when we win comfortably :star: Kuja I agree, our defence is massively underrated. Abate and Zambro will handle these clowns fine.

I'm gonna try and go to White Hart Lane to see the second leg. :D

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...

I'm going to the bookies to place a bet that Prince snaps Bale in half, Ibra kung fu kicks Ledley King and gets away with it, and Silva shows Crouch how to do the robot properly ;)

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
This will be a difficult game but we certainly could have got a worse draw.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Highly interesting matchup. Redknapp ain't the best coach, but Tottenham has a great team overall, so they'll cause trouble on their own. On the other hand, I do believe their defense is meh, and we can beat it, the worries is the pace of their attack, but a good tactical plan can contain it (I think the combination of Gattuso-Abate can contain Bale, the thing is they still have guys like Modric and VDV).

If we would've closed the series in San Siro, I would be making proclaims that it's a draw for us to lose, cause I could've seen us getting a good result in White Hart Lane, and then going out to beat them in San Siro. But since it's the other way around, I find it more difficult, we have to get a good result at San Siro, and hopefully the team won't have brain farts in the return leg (which we kind of have a history + Tottenham has been able to at least make up some bad results-needless to say their hard to beat at home).

Last edited:

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always

I think I'm gonna try for that too, since the flights to Milano are ridiculously expensive on the 14th/15th February.
Do you know if it will be possible to buy tickets for the Milan end?

Stranger

Banned
Reaction score
Milans kryptonite
we can never match them with pace never, they do that rugby shit coast to coast day in and day out and bale's crosses are too good.
I am so afraid of nesta in this game, that man cant jump anymore and crouche might make his life uncomfortable esp in the away game. that night nesta wouldnt be able to spare a single minute on covering up for mediocre fbs.
if we try to counter the fullbacks with our midfield then modric and vdv will tear us apart there is no other option than buying a solid LB.
we need to make sure our Cbs and zlatan are fit for the tie cant go in the tie with any weakness

if we sign a solid FB we can win the tie

Underestimating the quality they have is foolish and stakes are too high to do that

Last edited:

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Abate has the speed to contain Bale, very few teams have that option.

Our CDMs will take care of VdV.

Tottenham concede a lot of goals.

Should be a good match, Abate will need to be on form and not give any silly fouls. Our attacking lineup is much better than their defense.

Stranger

Banned
Reaction score
Abate is improving but he is fucking overrated, he didnt stop etoo because he was busy fouling him and LOL got red carded after 40 or 50 minutes

Against crissy he was good then again real madrid was leading the table and they have won the forst tie on 10 minutes. I am impressed but he has lot of weaknesses, he doesnt cross that often and half of the crosses are shit, he doesnt attack the goal by himself even if he has the chance(work in progress)
but improved his defensive side a lot thats just :star:

no antonini for this tie pleasee

Abate has improved a lot but hyping him and hoping he will contain a speed monster like bale without the help of gattuso is ridiculous

Lenon modric vdv Palacios are good, either they are fast or technically good.
that russian striker is good, fuck it man this is going to be a tough game very tough game which will test our physical and mantal ability

But we have Zultan Ibraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
tottzenahm hotflashes???

fuckin hell this is gonna be 2 easy

the only problem i foreseee is our superstar players refusing to travel to whatever stadium tottzenham hotflashes plays in becuz it is so shitty/provincial/english

tottenham!!

Reaction score
I predict...Gareth Bale will not be playing for Spurs come February because I think he will leave in January. VDV may also struggle with his HS through the cold winter months. Spurs will play him as they push for the top in the premiership. Spurs are a little suspect at the back, I reckon Milan's strike force will be too much for them.

Dutchie-Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The chances are 60-50 for us,and the only reason why we have that extra 10 is because we are Milan and have a bigger name.

I have watched Tottenham four times in CL and about five times in EPL,and i gotta say that outside Whirthart Lane they are a whole different team,but boy oh boy when they play at home.....dear god we have to be careful.

People thinking this will be easy are nuts,i hope our players wont have the same attitude,they can rip us apart at their own stadium,even pace alone wont stop Bale from rushing down that left flank and although i dont rate Crouch at all,he is master in the air and with all those crosses coming in.

For me it all depends on the first result in San Siro,we MUST win the first leg with atleast two goals difference,otherwise we wont maybe make it.I am not overestimating Spurs.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
I wouldn't say this is an easy match, it'll most DEFINITELY be interesting to watch. Hopefully, Milan will not make the same mistakes as Inter did :D No wait, they won't. However, if they want to be dominant, I suggest that Galliani buys another defender in the January transfer market to bolster our defence and be sold at the back. Buy a LB, or CB. Silva will be back by that time, but we don't want to risk anything. BTW, Inter is SCREWED :D playing against Bayern, Van Gaal will expose Benitez and just embarass the Nerruazzuri :D ahahahahahahaha!

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Far too much hype about Bale, he hasn't actually done that well outside of the CL this year, and as long as he's against an organised defence that don't allow him to get a free run at the FB he's not that impressive. I think Milan will have this but whoever plays on the right in that midfield 3 has to be defensively strong, whether that's Gattuso, Flamini or Ambro.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There midfield is the only threat for me. There forwards are not good enough to threaten Milan defense IMO. You don't need to be a great defender to contain the likes of Defoe and Crouch.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
There's no point debating this folks, we're already in the quarters. EXTREMELY CONFIDENT ABOUT THIS I AM.

tottzenahm hotflashes???

fuckin hell this is gonna be 2 easy

the only problem i foreseee is our superstar players refusing to travel to whatever stadium tottzenham hotflashes plays in becuz it is so shitty/provincial/english

tottenham!!

I'm with you on this one.

Schedule