Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Very good signing. Has the potential to be a starter in an european top-team if he reaches his full potential.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Glad to have Montolivo on the team - he'll bring a lot to our depleted midfield :)

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Two long haired Italian signings, in himself and Acerbi.
Not a bad start to the summer transfer campaign.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
No.

9: Balotelli.

10: Hernanes.

8: Witsel.

EHvvX.png

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

Such a great signing. Will take us to greatness. Thank you :g:

Monty is taking over.

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Sexy player, sexy signing. Milan face:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plus, he brings this with him:

01.jpg

:proud::proud:

I hope Aqua stays. Otherwise we will lose Michaela :(:(

Imagine Christina, Michaela, Melissa in Milan.

Bunga Bunga!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
Love the montolivo signing . He will give us a good amount of quality . So as it is , with rino-dorf-Mvb-Merkel-strasser-Aqua out that will leave us with :
Nocerino-Flamini-Ambrosini-Traoré-Montolivo-Muntari-Urby-Prince . Thats actually pretty decent . We will have to add 1 more signing and that will give :

Signing (hernanes-asamoah-...)-Montolivo-Muntari(nocerino)
KPB

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Love the montolivo signing . He will give us a good amount of quality . So as it is , with rino-dorf-Mvb-Merkel-strasser-Aqua out that will leave us with :
Nocerino-Flamini-Ambrosini-Traoré-Montolivo-Muntari-Urby-Prince . Thats actually pretty decent . We will have to add 1 more signing and that will give :

Signing (hernanes-asamoah-...)-Montolivo-Muntari(nocerino)
KPB

decent? Most of them are brainless chickens with no proper foot..

Fiero

Reaction score
Finally! One year late but at least he's here now. Always liked him. Really excited about this. Best of luck and welcome!

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
decent? Most of them are brainless chickens with no proper foot..

Yes most of them are deffensive players but thats what Allegri wants to compensate for our talented strikers . I agree we need at least 1 more quality signing , but i feel like we are going to have a pretty decent midfield next season (with a healty KPB) . A couple of names milan should consider are afellay and sahin ( 2 players who will be leaving for peanuts this summer compared to their real worth ). Hernanes-Honda-Asamoah would also be great

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Yes most of them are deffensive players but thats what Allegri wants to compensate for our talented strikers . I agree we need at least 1 more quality signing , but i feel like we are going to have a pretty decent midfield next season (with a healty KPB) . A couple of names milan should consider are afellay and sahin ( 2 players who will be leaving for peanuts this summer compared to their real worth ). Hernanes-Honda-Asamoah would also be great

Definatly value for money possible signings... I see Monty as a Pirlo heir apparent, not on the same level in terms of quality, but similar in style, play and position on the field. Sahin could be a Gatt/Ambro replacement, but with a bit more to him. That just leaves a Dorf's heir, Hernanes, Hamsik, Asamoah etc all fit the mould if we're looking to replace like for like almost, Eriksen and Affelay could also be considered for the Dorf type role... One thing is for sure, there are options of various prices but similar standard.

I'd love Sahin and Hernanes or Eriksen out of the names listed, both offer energy and diverse play, something that would compliment Prince and Monty I reckon... Who ever comes in alongside Monty, I just hope they aren't static, I truly hope for a midfield that defends and attacks as a pack. If we're looking to play with Ibra and Cass as our prefered front line, players like Prince and Eriksen/Hernanes would benefit from their play, offering a threat from deep.

It now just rests on managements shoulders to do what they know they need to do...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

So we rely on Boateng staying fit? Oh oh...

Afellay would be great, along with Strootman. Then we're good. Two Dutch out, two in. :thumbsup:

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So we rely on Boateng staying fit? Oh oh...

Afellay would be great, along with Strootman. Then we're good. Two Dutch out, two in. :thumbsup:

What do you reckon Afellay's value would be now? He'd be a great option to cover Prince... Very similar players, and he's better than Urby in that position I'd say... I'd rather Sahin to Strootman though, I think ;)

Regarding Afellay though, I'd rather the cash went on a starting 11 player as SES and Urby technically can cover Prince...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What do you reckon Afellay's value would be now? He'd be a great option to cover Prince... Very similar players, and he's better than Urby in that position I'd say... I'd rather Sahin to Strootman though, I think ;)

Regarding Afellay though, I'd rather the cash went on a starting 11 player as SES and Urby technically can cover Prince...

Sahin is great, and I would love having him, but then we also need an anchor, and still also a midfielder for both CM and AM like Afellay or Hernanes. Strootman can play anchor (and LCM/RCM as well), and I figure will be easier to get than Sahin unless Real Madrid signs someone from us.

Afellay is a zillion times better than Urby. With Boateng and Afellay we would have two great AM options, and Afellay can play RCM when Boateng is fit. Montolivo as LCM, and Strootman as anchor, then damn, we got such an intelligent ballplaying midfield. With headless chickens as backups.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sahin is great, and I would love having him, but then we also need an anchor, and still also a midfielder for both CM and AM like Afellay or Hernanes. Strootman can play anchor (and LCM/RCM as well), and I figure will be easier to get than Sahin unless Real Madrid signs someone from us.

Afellay is a zillion times better than Urby. With Boateng and Afellay we would have two great AM options, and Afellay can play RCM when Boateng is fit. Montolivo as LCM, and Strootman as anchor, then damn, we got such an intelligent ballplaying midfield. With headless chickens as backups.

I think we could easily play Sahin, Hernanes, Monty and Prince in midfield, it has energy and bite, plus some creativity, can hold the ball, break from deep etc... I think either Sahin or Strootman fit in with those players... Once again though, we can all see options, realistic options, we're not asking for Robben, Messi, Ronaldo and RvP. Its the long wait to see what management will do :(

I really hope we get two out of Eriksen, Hernanes, Sahin, Strootman, Afellay, Asamoah etc, on top of Monty and Traore... Vertonghen and VdW for the prices quoted would be steals as well!!!

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Who else do you guys want in MF?

Sahin?
De Rossi?
Sneijder?
Asamoah?
Ganso?

Interesting to see how Milan operate the transfer window this summer...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sahin?
De Rossi?
Sneijder?
Asamoah?
Ganso?

?

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sahin? Depends on the special one
De Rossi? Never going to happen
Sneijder? never going to happen
Asamoah? Would be happy with him, Hernanes would be better
Ganso? Not convinced, would rather Eriksen

But I wouldn't be surprised by Traore, Muntari, Monty and Keita being our midfield additions...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Montolivo should and will get numero 4.

Let's not lose perspective on this signing, simply due to the duration for which this has been rumoured to happen.

We are getting Viola captain, ex-captain of a very talented Italy U-21 generation, current Italy regular, the talented and technical 27-year old midfielder Riccardo Montolivo... for FREE.

Hoplite

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Montolivo should and will get numero 4.

Let's not lose perspective on this signing, simply due to the duration for which this has been rumoured to happen.

We are getting Viola captain, ex-captain of a very talented Italy U-21 generation, current Italy regular, the talented and technical 27-year old midfielder Riccardo Montolivo... for FREE.

hmm.. i feel better when you put it that way