Official: Andre Miguel Valente da Silva Thread

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Forza Andre!

Very excited to watch him grow with us!

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I ve never seen him play.
when is portugal next game? is he a starter for them?

confed cup; portugal will play their first game on the 18th vs Mexico and Silva is most likely starting

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Welcome to Milan!

❤️

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
I've never heard of this guy before.

Is he good?

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
i still think he need partner in attack...

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What kind of player is he? I can't quite determine if he's a centre forward, a second striker or an attacking midfielder from all the YouTube videos it looks like he's all 3..

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
damn..

he plays and looks exactly like how i see myself playing (when i am dreaming, asleep on my couch, snoring, with my hand down my pants)

:fp:

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we dont sign him a poacher, he's gonna have a hard time playing.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
What kind of player is he? I can't quite determine if he's a centre forward, a second striker or an attacking midfielder from all the YouTube videos it looks like he's all 3..

exactly :lol: got me so excited for him!
Hes strong,fast(for a 1m85 guy), good work rate, sexy vision, sexier passes,crosses, good headers too

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
whats with the people saying hes a poor dribbler .?

doesnt seem like it :p

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Welcome, please be worth the price tag.

lucashm

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
whats with the people saying hes a poor dribbler .?

doesnt seem like it :p

Who said that? its one of his strong suits. I'll say it again, he is as similar to Morata as a player as it gets. I think he needs a partner up front though

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Milan had direct contacts in the last few days with Sassuolo midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini, who seems close to Roma [Sky].

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
He's probably not going to play in friendlies due to the confederation cup.

So should we expect his debut to be at EL qualifier?

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
He's probably not going to play in friendlies due to the confederation cup.

So should we expect his debut to be at EL qualifier?

Imo not in 3rd round but maybe in 4th if will facing some stronger team :)
3rd round should be team on training level.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Confed. Cup then a month vacation I think. He will probably debut in Serie A

lucashm

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He changed his Instagram account from AndreSilva10 to AndreaSilva9, pretty sure he picked the number 9

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
https://www.squawka.com/news/andre-silvas-playing-style-explained/959541

The heir to Cristiano Ronaldo? AC Milan new boy Andre Silva’s playing style explained

The Rossoneri have moved quickly to bolster their defence with the signings of Mateo Musacchio and Ricardo Rodriguez from Villarreal and Wolfsburg respectively with Atalanta’s Franck Kessie joining (initially on loan) strengthening the midfield.

Arguably their most exciting addition so far, though, can be found in attack in the form of 21-year-old Portugal international Andre Silva who has joined for approximately £35m from FC Porto. That fee makes him the second most expensive signing in Milan’s history, following on from another Portuguese superstar, Manuel Rui Costa.

Following a few seasons in Porto’s B Team in the Portuguese lower leagues, Andre Silva emerged as Porto’s first-choice striker in 2016-17 ending the campaign with 21 goals in 44 matches in all competitions including four in eight in the Champions League.

His form at club level has been replicated on the international stage too with his first eight senior outings for the Portuguese senior team yielding seven goals – form that has drawn the praise of none other than Portugal’s all-time leading scorer, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo said of his international colleague: “When I retire, Portugal will be in good hands because they have already found a great striker: Andre Silva.”

Usefully for a striker, Silva’s key strength is his goalscoring prowess – like all the great forwards, he comes alive inside the penalty area.

For a player so young, Silva’s anticipation is great, he seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. To emphasise that point, all 20 of his Primeira Liga and Champions League goals last season came from inside in the confines of the penalty area and many of those were in the six-yard box.

A modern day poacher

Usefully for a striker, Silva’s key strength is his goalscoring prowess – like all the great forwards, he comes alive inside the penalty area.

For a player so young, Silva’s anticipation is great, he seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. To emphasise that point, all 20 of his Primeira Liga and Champions League goals last season came from inside in the confines of the penalty area and many of those were in the six-yard box.

While he is capable of scoring the odd spectacular goal, the classic Silva strike is a predatory finish close to the goal, similar to the manner in which the legendary Flippo Inzaghi struck most of his goals for Milan.

Silva’s goals were nicely spread out last season too, with eight coming from his favoured right and four apiece from his left and head in the Primeira Liga last season, showing that he is already a well-rounded finisher. If he can add goals from outside the area to his repertoire he’ll take some stopping.

A shot accuracy rate of 53% is reasonable but could do with improvement next term as could a conversion rate of 19.3%. It is important to remember, though, that Silva has only played top-flight football for over a year and he is bound to sharpen his finishing skills over the next few years.

A useful target man

Standing at 6’1 tall and blessed with a strong physique, Silva is adept at playing on his own as a target man, allowing his teammates a pivot from which to build attacks around.

He has the strength to back into and hold off opposition centre-backs and is useful in the air too, winning 41 aerial duels in the Primeira Liga last season.

Rather than holding a static fixed position at the point of the attack, though, Silva likes to float around across the final third of the pitch, occupying spaces out wide to drag defenders out of position.

Silva’s movement, both inside the area and outside of it, is excellent and the likes of Suso and Giacomo Bonaventura should enjoy playing with him next season.

Awareness of teammates

While his propensity to find himself in the right place at the right time is Inzaghi-esque, Silva is more rounded and less individualistic than the Italian goal machine.

He has an acute awareness of where his teammates are, supplying the third-highest number of chances (35) in Porto’s squad last season which led to five assists.

Overall, Silva is the perfect modern day striker, combining ruthlessness in front of goal with clever movement and intelligent play and he will be a huge asset for Milan next season and beyond.

Mark18

Primavera
Reaction score
giphy.gif

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Andre Silva: I hope Cristiano senpai notices me
Twenty-one-year-old Andre Silva is living the dream. He’s playing next to his childhood idol, representing Portugal in Russia as a European champion and has recently swapped the blue and white stripes of Porto for AC Milan. Most importantly, he's scored almost a goal a game for Portugal since his call up just 8 months ago. FIFA.com sits down with Portugal’s great new hope for goals.

On being in Russia
I’ve been in hotels, on the pitch and in cars so I’ve haven’t had the opportunity to really experience it. I can say that the football pitches have been of a very high quality and will be perfect for playing football. The one thing I have had the opportunity to see is the Cristiano senpai mural. They perfectly captured his ch-chiseled cheekbones... his herculean jawline... his p-perfectly proportioned n-nose... kyaaaaaaaaaa!!! It’s spectacular.

On the desire to win this tournament
Winning the Confederations Cup is very important for us because it’s one more title, one more trophy and it’s one more competition in which we can show that we are better than other teams. I’m not saying we're favourites, far from that, but we are a very ambitious squad, and clearly we are going to win.

On what makes the current team so special
Sincerely speaking it's our unity. Knowing that I can trust the players around me. That the guy next to me will do everything for me, and that I will do everything for him, and that we are not going to give up until the very end.

On having Ronaldo as his captain
When I was a little girl, I used to dream of pl-playing with Cr-Cristiano senpai everyday. Everyone respects and lo-loves him because he's the ichiban number one best in the world!!! Having Cristiano senpai as our captain senpai is sooo special for us and I will follow him with my life forever even after death.

On the Silva-Ronaldo goalscoring partnership (17 goals combined in five games)
O-our p-p-p-partnership??? KYAAAAAAA!!!
Oh you mean football partnership... I think the str-strength in our p-p-partnership on the pitch is our b-beautiful understanding.... I know the things I have to do.... Cristiano senpai knows what he has to do... the result of our un-underst-standing............ has been seen with the goals.
I hope that it continues forever.... Maybe we won’t always play together... Cristiano senpai has a lot of fans.... but when we do let’s hope it continues.

On Ronaldo’s belief in him
CRISTIANO SENPAI BELIEVES IN ME??????????? KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Cristiano senpai hasn’t said it to me directly... maybe he didn't notice me... but I feel sooo proud to hear him say good things about me in the press.,. I feel like the most specialest boy in the world for me to hear my senpai speak about me like that. I feel sooo happy. I... I hope that I can live up to what Cristiano senpai thinks of me!

On facing Mexico
We’ve been studying Mexico. What we expect is to win. What happens in the match, we will see. What I do know for certain is that we will give it everything from the first minute until the last to try and win.

On tactics for Mexico
If Portugal has some surprises, I wouldn’t be able to tell you!

On being a small nation producing great players consistently
Sincerely, I think it’s down to the heart of the players and the will and desire that we show. We have proved that the size of our nation doesn’t matter and that we are capable of massive feats.

On what it will take to win the Confederations Cup
Winning this tournament, we have to enter into each game like its our last. To focus purely on the match in front of us and to trust in one another. That’s what it will take.

On Portugal’s legacy
Everyone that has passed through the Seleção has wanted this. It’s down to a lot of hard work, dedication and unity that we have achieved things of late. I think we need to focus on this and hope that at the end we are here smiling.

Last edited: