The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
I was told there will be a world class striker.

But we signed a Croatian god instead. :b:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

I mean just watch this, he's tall, agile, holds up the ball really well which is something we massively need and he can create for other.

On top of that he's a Milan player now and a Milan fan who pushed for us only so put some damn respect on King Kali's name.

Nothing but respect for King Kali

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Well this Kalinic saga is coming to an end. Thing is most of us wanted a WC ST and he isn't one, but he's no shit either. He will bring a lot here no matter what everybody is saying. I've been watching him from the start of his career & know what he can do. Like someone posted he's tall, agile, has speed, good dribble, ball control, strenght, can pass & is good in air. His goals? Well just look what kind of goals he scores & compare them to Baccas goals. Yeah Raz & Sheva like to pull stats from net and use them & a platform for shitting on him but if they ever took a single normal class in statistics they would know that stats are just something you look at to help you reduce your targets from a lot to few. They are not anything on what you would base your final decision. If you want an example just look at Bayern Mandzukic & after Bayern. Big diffrence is at his teammates & his running to controbute to his team. Same goes for Bacca & Kalinic. Kalinic workes for his team, playes, helpes while Bacca just waits for his chance to score. Kalinic drains his stamina every match to win a game is more tired at times when it's time to score while Bacca acts like he's on his free days & will do something only if it suits him. Bottom line is Kalinic is not WC but is better then Bacca as for his price it's a bit high, everything over 20 M could end up to be overpaying. Who knows maybe he gets to have a 20+ season & 5 + ass in this team. It could happen.

Well said ... Especially the part about stats :proud:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well said ... Especially the part about stats :proud:

You're one to talk! :lol:
You quote stats all the time when it serves your narrative. You were moving the goalposts all day long just yesterday on stats :fp:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he is going to score 20 goals in Serie A. The only issue I see with our starting XI at this point is creativity from the midfield in open play, but perhaps having Hakan behind Silva and Kalinic in a 352 will help there (Montella may also try Suso there even though most don't see him as a treq).

Is he better than Bacca? Yes, 100%

Better than younger options like Schick, Dolberg? Yes, absolutely for this upcoming season.

Obviously, we would all prefer Belotti, but he would likely cost upwards of 70ME more to purchase, so it's not like we are choosing Kalinic over him or Auba.

We desperately needed another forward to compliment Silva, and the circumstances at BVB, Torino, and with Costa dictated that we take Kalinic, so at the very least we don't get caught with our pants down and Silva as our lone option in attack.

Good purchase in a great mercato, and there's still time :)

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling that some people do not watch football at all. Kalinic is a much better player that some of you are trying to make him look. He IS an upgrade over Bacca in every aspect of the game and whoever says the opposite just does not understand how football works. I am against the high fee as well, but this is the situation and we need to accept it. Without UCL football it is hard to attract the top players, so we need to buy whatever we can. Nikola is a fine player that will complement A.Silva quite well. Nikola will draw the attention of the CB's, while Andre and Suso/Calha will be able to play with free roles and shoot/pass to the penalty area as Nikola will always be there. We desperately need a classic CF that can score from crosses and Kalinic is just the player we need.

For me this is the best option that we have

---------------$---------------
---Mus---Bonucci----Roma--
Conti---Kessie---Bigli-----RR
-------Suso-----Andre--------
-------------Kalinic-----------

If we need more creativity, move Andre as CF and add Bona or Calha.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's time to purchase Dolberg and Renato and call an end to an amazing summer.

Liedholm

sugondese
Reaction score
Well this Kalinic saga is coming to an end. Thing is most of us wanted a WC ST and he isn't one, but he's no shit either. He will bring a lot here no matter what everybody is saying. I've been watching him from the start of his career & know what he can do. Like someone posted he's tall, agile, has speed, good dribble, ball control, strenght, can pass & is good in air. His goals? Well just look what kind of goals he scores & compare them to Baccas goals. Yeah Raz & Sheva like to pull stats from net and use them & a platform for shitting on him but if they ever took a single normal class in statistics they would know that stats are just something you look at to help you reduce your targets from a lot to few. They are not anything on what you would base your final decision. If you want an example just look at Bayern Mandzukic & after Bayern. Big diffrence is at his teammates & his running to controbute to his team. Same goes for Bacca & Kalinic. Kalinic workes for his team, playes, helpes while Bacca just waits for his chance to score. Kalinic drains his stamina every match to win a game is more tired at times when it's time to score while Bacca acts like he's on his free days & will do something only if it suits him. Bottom line is Kalinic is not WC but is better then Bacca as for his price it's a bit high, everything over 20 M could end up to be overpaying. Who knows maybe he gets to have a 20+ season & 5 + ass in this team. It could happen.

so we are close to sign a copy of lewandowski, WAOW :proud:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
too bad Badelj stays, now we're forced to tolerate Monto

Thanks, Galliani!!

It'll take a few years to cycle the fodder out of the club, but the process has begun. I can't wait to see what our market is like next summer with us in the CL!

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
too bad Badelj stays, now we're forced to tolerate Monto

True but every team needs a bench and he's well liked and not such a bad option for the heavier schedule (with EL).

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
only Belotti is a long term investment. Others are short term and much pricier than Kaligol

Age is not the only factor to value a player as a long term investment.

The moment we sign Kalinic, we give him twice his current salary and we will never be able to sell him again to a midtable, so it will be painful to upgrade him.

Auba is just one year younger than Kalinic, but most likely he will be a top forward at least for the next 3-4 year.

The problem would be if he asks some insane salary, but for 6m/year he's a better option than Kali.

markony

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's time to purchase Dolberg and Renato and call an end to an amazing summer.

Indeed.

Still, that rummor of Keita and De Vrij package deal could be real deal. Also I would put Kovacic instead of Renato any day of the week, he could be real icing on the cake.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
I have to admit. Seeing Kondogbia and other players we were heavily linked with the last few seasons, who all went on to flop at our rival clubs (Roma, inter, etc.) makes me a bit more appreciative of Berlu & Galliani.

We could've incured even greater debt and players that don't cut it in serie a. Bravo to them

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So the most recent news tell Bacca will leave on loan with option to buy, not obligation, is that right?

Bad news, but we never had much leverage with a potential Bacca sale this window. And with his age a year from now, I'm not optimistic Villarreal will activate the option.

Let's hope the media got it wrong and it is an obligation to buy.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Auba, Sanches and a back up defender and bow out as the greatest market of all time

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I love Kalinic's technique. With the offensive support we have, he will score 15-20 in the league if he is the starting striker.

I'm still hoping there's one more striker coming though. This is mostly because I have only ~50% confidence in Andre Silva.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love Kalinic's technique. With the offensive support we have, he will score 15-20 in the league if he is the starting striker.

I'm still hoping there's one more striker coming though. This is mostly because I have only ~50% confidence in Andre Silva.

I think there will be, we have a lot of games in Europa league also we need numbers and I think Niang and Cutrone could be heading out

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Auba, Sanches and a back up defender and bow out as the greatest market of all time

until i see either Montella playing with 3 man defence or some of our CB leaving i thing we already have enough of them.

Bonucci, Romagnoli, Musacchio three starters for two spots in 4-3-3

Paletta, Zapata, Gomez.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
38 million on andre silva will prove to be a waste of money

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
@real_andrea9
Il Milan per kalinic punta al pagamento triennale

Da domani si inizia a far sul serio di nuovo sul mercato, avendo in pugno kalinic vediamo

Milan negotiating to pay in 3 instalments for Kalinic.

From tomorrow back to being serious in the mercato, having Kalinic in hand we see.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how long people are gonna keep acting like we're gonna play 433. Makes no sense, especially since they said they're gonna use Hakan as a #10.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
until i see either Montella playing with 3 man defence or some of our CB leaving i thing we already have enough of them.

Bonucci, Romagnoli, Musacchio three starters for two spots in 4-3-3

Paletta, Zapata, Gomez.

Defense: Paletta and Gomez look set to be leaving so 1 reserve CB should arrive, if we play 3 at the back then maybe 2 may arrive.

Midfield: With Locatelli and Montolivo being Biglia's backup, it seems we need a vice Kessie and mezz ala with Mauri and Sosa out.

Attack: Cutrone looks like he will leave on loan. Niang may also go as well. Maybe 1 winger for a 4-3-3 and another CF along with Kalinic in attack.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I have to admit. Seeing Kondogbia and other players we were heavily linked with the last few seasons, who all went on to flop at our rival clubs (Roma, inter, etc.) makes me a bit more appreciative of Berlu & Galliani.

We could've incured even greater debt and players that don't cut it in serie a. Bravo to them

If we got either him or Iturbe we would be playing Serie D now.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You can thank Fassone for Kondogbia. Galliani would have signed him if not for Fassone. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule