The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:31   #1081
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Gattuso has done a great job, IMO. Montella is almost solely responsible for Milan’s failure to qualify for the Champions League. He mailed it in and put the club behind the eight ball.

That we ever had the slimmest chance to qualify was down to Gattuso essentially willing the club forward. Is he a good long term solution? I don’t know, but there appears to be much bigger issues facing the club than who the manager is next season.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:13   #1082
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .A.K. View Post
What facts?

multiple people can say the sky is green, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Its a forum, not a conformity camp.

winning 16 games and beating arsenal is not legendary no. winning EL, and the coppa italia and securing champions league spot would be excellent.

it seems your easily pleased. maybe if Milan win the next 8 games you will ask for a statue of Gattuso to be built in Milan
Time spent talking to you is time wasted.

The turnaround under Gattuso has been clearly observable and remarkable - that's a fact displayed by a much higher amount of points earned once he took over, not a mere opinion.

Winning 16 games and beating Arsenal with this squad after Montella destroyed the team would have been absolutely insane. The work and effect of Gattuso is so obvious since it drove people to delusional beliefs.

If Gattuso leads us to 8 victories in our next 8 games, I will absolutely impressed. Nobody asked for statues, don't be ridiculous - oh wait, that's your entire shtick.

Man,I gotta say, my heart is just too good. I always tell myself I won't waste more time with you but I always want to help to educate you despite your obvious mental limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
Gattuso has done a great job, IMO. Montella is almost solely responsible for Milan’s failure to qualify for the Champions League. He mailed it in and put the club behind the eight ball.

That we ever had the slimmest chance to qualify was down to Gattuso essentially willing the club forward. Is he a good long term solution? I don’t know, but there appears to be much bigger issues facing the club than who the manager is next season.
Yup, we should take every opportunity to grab stability where we can. Extending Gattuso is a great opportunity to do so.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:18   #1083
Albertini
AC Milan Icon

i have no idea what gattuso is being criticized for. we drew against a better team who are above us in the table.

we also only have like 8-9 decent players. What tactics are you talking about? it's not like he has infinite combinations to choose from when picking the starting 11, it picks itself.

the defence is solid.
mirabelli's transfer strategy from the summer has been poor.
there is nobody to bring off the bench.
the team has a strong chance of qualifying for EL which is our standard right now.
hes been in the job for 4 months.

whiny bitches. take a day off please or be a bit more reasonable

Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:26   #1084
.A.K.

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Time spent talking to you is time wasted.

The turnaround under Gattuso has been clearly observable and remarkable - that's a fact displayed by a much higher amount of points earned once he took over, not a mere opinion.

Winning 16 games and beating Arsenal with this squad after Montella destroyed the team would have been absolutely insane. The work and effect of Gattuso is so obvious since it drove people to delusional beliefs.

If Gattuso leads us to 8 victories in our next 8 games, I will absolutely impressed. Nobody asked for statues, don't be ridiculous - oh wait, that's your entire shtick.

Man,I gotta say, my heart is just too good. I always tell myself I won't waste more time with you but I always want to help to educate you despite your obvious mental limitations

Yup, we should take every opportunity to grab stability where we can. Extending Gattuso is a great opportunity to do so.
ok you have your opinion and i have mine, you result to personal attacks nearly every time you talk but thats ok i am a patient man.

these are our remaining games below. If gattuso slips up against a team other than juve and napoli I will consider him average. you will consider him great. so lets agree to disagree.

Quote:

Sunday 8th April
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
19:45
Sassuolo

Sunday 15th April
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
14:00
Napoli

Wednesday 18th April
Italian Serie A
Torino
AC Milan

Saturday 21st April
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
Benevento

Sunday 29th April
Italian Serie A
Bologna
AC Milan

Saturday 5th May
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
17:00
Verona

Wednesday 9th May
Coppa Italia
Juventus
20:00
AC Milan

Sunday 13th May
Italian Serie A
Atalanta
AC Milan

Sunday 20th May
Italian Serie A
AC Milan
Fiorentina
.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:29   #1085
Ash
Swag Maestro

It is quite an amazing achievement when you spent 200m+ in transfers and your best striker is a primavera player and you got fuckall bench options. Not to mention you are pipped to the CL spots by a team that has spent less than a fraction of that and lost some of their best players.

B & G might have royally fucked us before they left but this management seems to have one upped them on that
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:45   #1086
doraemon
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
It is quite an amazing achievement when you spent 200m+ in transfers and your best striker is a primavera player and you got fuckall bench options. Not to mention you are pipped to the CL spots by a team that has spent less than a fraction of that and lost some of their best players.

B & G might have royally fucked us before they left but this management seems to have one upped them on that
200mil is peanuts in todays market. Man city barely get 1 solid keeper and 3 fullbacks with that kind of money.

Im happy that we got bonucci, biglia, kessie, hakan and andre silva. Kalinic is the only flop signing of last summer

Had montella been fired last october, we would've sit more comfortably at league table
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:51   #1087
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon View Post
200mil is peanuts in todays market. Man city barely get 1 solid keeper and 3 fullbacks with that kind of money.

Im happy that we got bonucci, biglia, kessie, hakan and andre silva. Kalinic is the only flop signing of last summer

Had montella been fired last october, we would've sit more comfortably at league table
How much have Napoli spent ?

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo'82 View Post
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:51   #1088
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Yep, Fassone and Mirabelli dithered at the beginning of the season and it killed us. There was a point where Montella clearly had no fucking clue what he was doing and should have been sacked a month or so before he was.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:57   #1089
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:

Its peanuts when you are playing in the PL not a shit Serie A and no CL.

Silva was a waste of money regardless of his recent form. We didnt have the luxury to spend big on 'projects'. Everyone and their mother knew that Kalinic was money down the drain.

Bonucci was another luxury signing. His arrival not only meant that we wont be getting the top striker and LW that we desperately needed it also meant we were forced to change formation (and look how well that turned out). Also wtf was the point of buying Musacchio then?

And its not just the arrivals either. Wtf would you sell Kucka when he is your best option for a backup to Kessie?

Wtf would you sell Niang when you play a formation with wingers and have no actual LWs? I may not like the guy but atleast we would have some fuckin options

Overall, wtf was the strategy to beginwith? It honestly felt like they bought whoever was available without actually fuckin thinking about what formation they will play or whether they will fit in.

Montella shares some of the blame, but lets not forget that his hands were forced too by some shitty team building by F&M
Old 05-04-2018, 02:59   #1090
leaf
Banned

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Good 'ol Ash....always seeing the silver lining

For the record I agree with you 100%
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:04   #1091
doraemon
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
How much have Napoli spent ?
Did you know their management superior to our previous management(B&G)? Their profit on cavani and higuain prove what a shrewd management they've got

You should remember they continously investing in their squad every season. Last season they got milik, diawara, tonelli and zielinski. Season before they bought allan. And they already spent quite excellent on players like callejon, mertens, jorginho, albiol, ghoulam.

Points is milan need to keep spending if we want to catch up with european big boys (No, we are not one of big boys anymore. We are sitting at kiddies table right now)
doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:10   #1092
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:
Did you know their management superior to our previous management(B&G)? Their profit on cavani and higuain prove what a shrewd management they've got

You should remember they continously investing in their squad every season. Last season they got milik, diawara, tonelli and zielinski. Season before they bought allan. And they already spent quite excellent on players like callejon, mertens, jorginho, albiol, ghoulam.

Points is milan need to keep spending if we want to catch up with european big boys (No, we are not one of big boys anymore. We are sitting at kiddies table right now)
That's all cool and that... but give me some numbers. Or it could be that their manager has taken them up a level. How many of those players could play in the top 4 teams in La liga or EPL.?

Signature
Quote:
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Old 05-04-2018, 03:11   #1093
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Why did we even hire Inter Merda for our Sporting Directors???

Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:12   #1094
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Shouldv'e kept Kuco and Sosa honestly...this squad is thin as fuck and Gattuso wouldve made both of them monsters, especially Kuco

Signature
Old 05-04-2018, 03:17   #1095
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla1v1 View Post
Why did we even hire Inter Merda for our Sporting Directors???
I cant even begin to imagine the signings would have pulled off with 200M

Signature
Quote:
Old 05-04-2018, 03:22   #1096
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Fuckkk Galliani would've....I can't even put it into words....we'd be top 4 easssssyyyyyy, fucking instant boner imagining Galliani with 200 Million

Signature
Old 05-04-2018, 03:55   #1097
.A.K.

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

with G and 200 million we would have won the league
.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:31   #1098
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Nah we'd probably have 10 Bertolaccis..

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:43   #1099
Ash
Swag Maestro

Galliani would have probably wasted iton has beens and bertolaccis

People are quick to forget the last time we splashed out big amounts
Old 05-04-2018, 04:56   #1100
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .A.K. View Post
ok you have your opinion and i have mine, you result to personal attacks nearly every time you talk but thats ok i am a patient man.

these are our remaining games below. If gattuso slips up against a team other than juve and napoli I will consider him average. you will consider him great. so lets agree to disagree.
I don't deem anything I've said as a personal attack. Any judgement I may have made about you I deem as factually correct. But of course, we have differing opinions - you deem yourself patient, I consider you slow.

I agree that my view differs from yours - simply because I deal in facts.

I'll look at the performance and the factors in it to determine how I judge Gattuso's job.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote