Serginho thread

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I decided to put this in here since this thread doesn't get much love. Article from Goal.com, punctuation corrections by me (apparently, they don't believe in using commas in quotations).

Dida & Serginho Look Back On 2005
12/26/2005 3:01:00 PM

Despite the monolithic hegemony of Capello’s Juve, Milan players can look back on a successful 2005. That’s the opinion of both Dida and Serginho, in Brazil to attend the recent wedding of team-mate Kaká to sweetheart Caroline.

“We’re fine. Milan has a great squad and we’ll continue fighting for the title right up to the bitter end,” confirmed the goalie, who, nevertheless, was visibly annoyed with the defeat to intracity rivals Inter. “The derby is something special but we lost,” added Dida, criticised for his poor display.

It didn’t help that the keeper’s vacillations let Internazionale overtake AC in the Scudetto table and hang onto Juventus’ heels in second place. Dida put part of the blame on inopportune injuries. “We couldn’t count on a few key players and that hurt us, but there’s still time to recover,” he guaranteed.

Wing-man Serginho preferred to reflect on the Champions League. “It’s been a good year. Despite our position in Italy, we’re doing well in Europe and we attained our objectives.” Milan will face Bayern Munich when the tournament recommences with the last sixteen knockout matches.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Serginho's speed and control is very good. Sometimes his pass can help teammate goal. While as a LB, he should pay more attention to defense. Maybe this is not his mistake. In my opinion, if Ancelotti asks Serginho play as the LM, it will much better than LB. By the way, if Serginho play as a LB, why don't ask Gattuso play as a LM?
Maybe this is a good idea. Becasue Gattuso is good at defense, and he can help Serginho defense when Serginho attack. What about your opinion ?

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
moad said:
i am new in the forum and i don't know how participated in the forum
thank you forza milan :D :D ]
If you don't know your way around, post first in the Introductions forum.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
BMWTaylor said:
I decided to put this in here since this thread doesn't get much love. Article from Goal.com, punctuation corrections by me (apparently, they don't believe in using commas in quotations).

Dida & Serginho Look Back On 2005
12/26/2005 3:01:00 PM

Despite the monolithic hegemony of Capello’s Juve, Milan players can look back on a successful 2005. That’s the opinion of both Dida and Serginho, in Brazil to attend the recent wedding of team-mate Kaká to sweetheart Caroline.

“We’re fine. Milan has a great squad and we’ll continue fighting for the title right up to the bitter end,” confirmed the goalie, who, nevertheless, was visibly annoyed with the defeat to intracity rivals Inter. “The derby is something special but we lost,” added Dida, criticised for his poor display.

It didn’t help that the keeper’s vacillations let Internazionale overtake AC in the Scudetto table and hang onto Juventus’ heels in second place. Dida put part of the blame on inopportune injuries. “We couldn’t count on a few key players and that hurt us, but there’s still time to recover,” he guaranteed.

Wing-man Serginho preferred to reflect on the Champions League. “It’s been a good year. Despite our position in Italy, we’re doing well in Europe and we attained our objectives.” Milan will face Bayern Munich when the tournament recommences with the last sixteen knockout matches.

Oh my my...this thread has only 2 pages? :eek:

As for their analysis, that was being a tad too optimistic :tongue:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
The most wonderful game Serginho had been played is Milan 6-0 Inter. In that game, he had 3 good pass to help his teammates scored and he also get a goal!! That's crazy. The most wonderful game he had been played in this season is Milan 5-1 Undinise. But i am sure that he is a dangerous bomb for our defense !!!!!!

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
SERGINHO: 'We have found the right balance'

MILANELLO - Before training, Serginho talked about Milan win over Palermo that cancelled out the Italian Cup defeat. The defender said: 'This Milan side have changed a lot since that Cup defeat where we gave out opponents too much space. On Sunday, we were much more aware in defence, we had different players on the pitch and we dictated the tempo and played a great game.' The Brazilian added: 'We found out balance and hit them on the break, we know if we get the ball down then we are really dangerous. I am learning how to play at the back and get to know the system. I know it's not a role I prefer but I am getting better.' Then a look at the table: 'Juve have a big advantage, we just have to continue playing our game and try to win each game. We have to think more about our campaign and not the Bianconer. Then, we'll see what happens at the end.'

acmilan.com

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Serginho played not bad recently, sometimes he had good passes ball. But for me, i hope he would leave us in the summer.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
brillant cross to set up Janku for the goal... let's hope there's more similar stuff to come against Barca...

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Yuchen Fish said:
Serginho played not bad recently, sometimes he had good passes ball. But for me, i hope he would leave us in the summer.

not if he continues to perform the way he does recently... he looks like a useful member of the team... i lost count on how many of his crosses turned to goals this season...

BoredGame

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ACM
i still remember the amazing performance he had when we beat inter 6 : 0 ;)

fazrulx2n

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, kaka, gattuso
happy 35th birthday serginho!

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
happy b day to him,lol i dident know he was 35 ,i thought sumthing like 32.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
BoredGame said:
i still remember the amazing performance he had when we beat inter 6 : 0 ;)

yeah me too, what a game sergio...thinking about it now makes me go in awe

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
Happy Birthday Old man.Hope his football won't get old this year.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Happy 35th Birthday Serginho!! :star: :)

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
he is rlly old :D we hv a 35 year old LB & a 36 year old LB :mad: pathetic :head:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Happy Birthday !

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
SERGINHO: ’Pleased about the Champions League’

MILANELLO - Serginho talked about the feeling within the Rossoneri camp: ’After a tense week we are all more relaxed. We are thinking about getting ready for the Champions League preliminary, the programme has changed but it’s better like this, we can organise training in a more relaxed way.’ Serginho also spoke about Kakà: ’I talked with him and he’s relaxed, he plays in the strongest side in the world and he has no intention of changing. He’s grown a lot at Milan and it’s normal that other clubs are after him but the important thing is that he wants to stay.’

acmilan.com

BoredGame

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ACM
i like that guy quite a lot, he is loyal to the club

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaka
a player like him is rare..

he`s complete winger...combination with speed and good crosser

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Crap...how can a player like serginho hv less than 50 posts... :eek:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
One of the most underrated Serie A players ever!

His been one of my favourites with his pace, skills, dribbling ability and his crossing. It's unfortunate that he was born in the same era as Roberto Carlos he might of got a few more caps under his belt. Though at times I did believe he should've got the nod over Carlos but I suppose Brazil's loss was Milan's gain.

Never forget that PK against Juve in the Final that he slammed home ;)

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
serginho ... what a great player... he is THEE super sub ... EL CONCORDE ... ill be very sad when he leaves us

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
c'mon give him more posts...4 his solid performance in the milan 6-0 inter game ;)

Schedule