Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Abate keeps having great performances ever since he defended Eto'o and Ronaldo confidentially. He really impresses me and he's such a great player. Next season, he will be called up to the Azzuri - best RB in Italy!! :D

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
45_186x236.jpg

Sexyyyyyyyyyy! :D

:fp:

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great article on Abate; I loved how they mentioned of how he started off and ended with the present day of where he stands as a defender and how he is an extremely important piece in the Milan defence. Nice work Dinar! :D

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
ever since he started playing last season, i fell in love with him. he was a 23 year old that gave us hope of looking into the future of the Milan defence.

this season, he cemented it. abate and thiago silva are our future. abate nullifies every left winger, we saw that with eto'o, ronaldo, and i could mention bale, had he played longer. but we know abate has the pace to stop him in his tracks. if next seasons milan kits look as good as our home kit now, i'll have to choose between abate or thiago silva.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
ever since he started playing last season, i fell in love with him. he was a 23 year old that gave us hope of looking into the future of the Milan defence.

this season, he cemented it. abate and thiago silva are our future. abate nullifies every left winger, we saw that with eto'o, ronaldo, and i could mention bale, had he played longer. but we know abate has the pace to stop him in his tracks. if next seasons milan kits look as good as our home kit now, i'll have to choose between abate or thiago silva.

Don't forget Messi :D

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galliani "We won't buy a new right back. Abate will continue in that role in the next season".

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

:g:
:gt:

Absolute genius, love galliani and Abate is amazing! He will stay with us till he retires.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Anyone got a decent compilation of Abate for the current season?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he should be in the squadra azzuri as first RB,

with that experience he'll become much much beter

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
PLAYER PROFILE: IGNAZIO ABATE
Posted on Tuesday, 3rd May 2011 by Ogo Sylla

Full name: Ignazio Abate
Date of Birth: 12/10/86
Position: Right-back/Right Midfielder
Clubs: Milan, Napoli, Sampdoria, Piacenza, Modena, Empoli, Torino

Ignazio Abate has grown in leaps and bounds this season and really developed as a reliable full-back for Milan.

Abate is a product of Milan youth system and from 2004 to 2007, went out on a succession of loan spells to Napoli (when they were is Serie C1), Sampdoria, Piacenza, and Modena. He made his Serie A debut in the 2007-08 season when he moved to Empoli on a co-ownership deal. Following the Tuscan club’s relegation, Milan purchased his playing rights, only to send him out on yet another co-ownership deal, this time to Torino.

In those two Serie A campaigns, he scored two goals (one in each) and played 24 and 25 games for Empoli and Torino respectively.

It has been a very difficult journey for young Abate however. In fact it was not too long ago that his Milan future was coming under serious scrutiny. The reason for this is that Abate began his career as a winger.

It was under Pierluigi Casiraghi that Abate really showed that he might have had something to him. It was actually after his performances at the 2008 Toulon Tournament in France that he was called back to Milan. Along with the likes of Sebastian Giovinco, Abate went on to lift that trophy with the young Azzurri side having scored a goal against the United States and played four games.

Raw pace, speed, and stamina were Abate’s best attributes. As such, although it came as a surprise, there was some logic to Leonardo deploying Abate as a right-back. The problem however was, that this was completely unfamiliar territory to Abate,as a result he failed to cope with the defensive responsibilities of his new role. Poor tackling ability, inability to read the game, and lack of positional awareness were all Abate’s weaknesses in his new right-back role.

With his Milan career in danger, it was new coach Massimiliano Allegri who took it upon himself to transform Abate into the reliable fullback he has become.

Allegri recognized Milan’s aberrant weakness in the full-back position and made it a priority to salvage something out of both Abate and Luca Antonini. The latter has not proven a success but Abate has taken very well to the Italian tactician’s efforts. With the major factor behind Abate’s improvement at right-back has been working on a daily basis with assistant coach, Mauro Tassotti, over the course of the season.

Tassotti is a well-known Milan legend, having played in Milan’s great title-winning sides and what was considered part Europe’s best backline alongside Franco Baresi, Alessandro Costacurta, and Paolo Maldini. Abate has really benefited from his experience and developed into one of Milan’s most consistent performers this year and is now able to combine his pace and speed, and utilize it to much more devastating effect than he might have been able to in the past.

He is no longer so prone to leaving space behind him, and reads the game more intelligently especially when making forward runs.

The ability he has to cover his central defensive partner is possibly also the biggest piece of evidence that show Abate’s defensive improvements.

The player is very grateful for this and said it himself: “I have Allegri to thank for my progress, at the start of the year he forced me to work [with Mauro Tassoti] on the defensive side of my game.”

We have all witnessed this as Abate charged forward less [in the early days of his transformation] and focused almost solely on defending. Later on, as he became more and more comfortable, he began to run forward much more confidently. What that has uncovered is also his very good passing range, able to deliver cross at pace and accurately from both the byline and from deep.

Furthermore, he has also begun to learn how to not only rely solely on his pace to beat his markers, dribbling instead of attempting to simply knock the ball past his man.

Probably the biggest compliment to Abate is that teams in the past so clearly went out to attack both Milan’s fullbacks, but they now, almost exclusively, focus on the much [and still] weaker left side of the defense knowing that Abate has developed that tactical and defensive nous he once lacked.

Having been nothing short of one of Milan’s standout player’s this year. His contributions may not have been as important as the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Christian Abbiati, or Mark van Bommel, but his vast improvements have contributed to Milan’s boasting of the best defensive record in the league (23 goals conceded). Surely National team coach Cesare Prandelli will have to have noticed Abate and will soon be calling up the young Rossonero for his first cap.

Even Milan CEO, Adriano Galliani, has been full of praise of young Abate and offered him his full backing in light of his progress this year: “We won’t buy a new right-back. Abate will continue in that role next season.”

Abate himself is in no rush and remains satisfied with his club contributions: “I don’t even think about the Nazionale because I’m living a dream. I never thought I’d win a Scudetto with Milan.”

Milan’s fans are certainly delighted by Abate’s progress and will look forward to his developing into an even better player. Who knows after all, Abate may yet be wearing his mentor’s famed no.2 in seasons to come.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2011/05/player-profile-ignazio-abate/

:proud::star::proud:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
abate ddeserves the number 2.

i know last season he wasnt a fan fave... but honestly i knew he had something in him.

Abate is captain material, and will become Milan captain later. I like the number 20, because it shows a contrast between him and Gourcuff. Gourcuff failed at Milan, and Abate has grabbed that opportunity and run with it.

Abate is possibly one of the best right backs in the world.

one day i would like to see a race between Abate, Thiago Silva, Pato and Prince.

I have never seen thiago be beaten for pace, neither have i seen someone catch pato without getting a red (CHIVU) and prince, cos he can. Abate at full speed is super sonic, its scary.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
one day i would like to see a race between Abate, Thiago Silva, Pato and Prince.

I have never seen thiago be beaten for pace, neither have i seen someone catch pato without getting a red (CHIVU) and prince, cos he can. Abate at full speed is super sonic, its scary.

They did this sort of thing over in Australia to find the fastest man in football (rugby and rugby league)

It was an end of season thing but was a great race, would love to see Milan do something like that, Also include Robinho in that race as I know he can go but he dosnt have the space to go in Serie A

IMO Pato and Abate would be pretty fucking close

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
They did this sort of thing over in Australia to find the fastest man in football (rugby and rugby league)

It was an end of season thing but was a great race, would love to see Milan do something like that, Also include Robinho in that race as I know he can go but he dosnt have the space to go in Serie A

IMO Pato and Abate would be pretty fucking close

i live in australia as well, ur talking bout the australias greatest athlete...

i reckon abate would just beat pato... cos if pato is faster than abate, ill be disappointed as we only see patos quickness, but not all out sprints like abate does as frequently.

if pato is faster than abate, the we need to utilise that speed.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
I remember reading an article that had the results of speed testing. If I recall Oduamadi was first and Boateng was second. That's without the ball, with the ball I would definitely say Pato, then maybe Abate.

olEe

Nicole, Ti Amo.
Reaction score
I remember reading an article that had the results of speed testing. If I recall Oduamadi was first and Boateng was second. That's without the ball, with the ball I would definitely say Pato, then maybe Abate.

The test was not solely a speed test, it tested speed and explosiveness.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
"The San Siro club are in the market for a new full-back to challenge Ignazio Abate and the Italians consider the 19-year-old as the perfect addition to their back line."

FML

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...n-join-inter-in-race-for-santos-danilo-report

Every position needs to have a good back-up who will keep the established player on his toes all the time. The last thing we want is abate to assume he is gonna start no matter what happens and this is very much possible with fodder like bonera :fp: and antonini:fp: as our back up wingbacks...competition is good:thumbsup:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Every position needs to have a good back-up who will keep the established player on his toes all the time. The last thing we want is abate to assume he is gonna start no matter what happens and this is very much possible with fodder like bonera :fp: and antonini:fp: as our back up wingbacks...competition is good:thumbsup:

but that we means we may see less abate (of course for a person who obviously performs better)

i just cant imagine anybody quicker than abate.

he is too awesome to be on the bench.

i know the comp is good, would make him into a better player.

hopefully we get a good back up that can presuurise abate enough to perform all the time, and can play when we need abate for more important matches or needs a rest.

i just dont wanna see abate on the bench... itd be weird

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We need a back up.
Zambrotta should start all coppa games and be a wing sub.
Bonera is so injury prone that most likely he will be injured when others are injured too.
Antonin is good for coppa, bench but not to shift between LB, RB like Zambro used to do.

We need 2 LB and 2 RB, the only assumption that we don't need anyone else is that Bonera an step in(he can't), Zambro will be ok to play good level no matter what competition (he won't, he isn't already).

We really have only Abate, Zambro, Anto at the moment tbh. the rest is good for mentoring like Oddo or coppa.
There is about 60 games a season in all competitions.
Look at the strikers: we hae Cassano, Binho, Ibra, Pato all contributing and we are still looking like needing one more.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
imagine abate scores the scuddeto winning goal. he would sprint from roma to milano and back in like 15 seconds while roaring like a lion.

it would be awesome to see abate score for milan.

or pippo - just seeing abate score... even if we were to be losing 9-0 would make me happy.

ABATE FOR THE SCUDETTO WINNING GOAL! or pippo

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
imagine abate scores the scuddeto winning goal. he would sprint from roma to milano and back in like 15 seconds while roaring like a lion.

it would be awesome to see abate score for milan.

or pippo - just seeing abate score... even if we were to be losing 9-0 would make me happy.

ABATE FOR THE SCUDETTO WINNING GOAL! or pippo

I would love that to happen, my friend got his shirt last weekend in Milan, really do love the guy.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Grande Abate :star: keep improving + congrats

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Most promising RB in the world

extend contract with 10 yrs

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
Abate gets naked when celebrating.

I think he'll enjoy it at Berlu's celebratory bunga bunga party!

Schedule