CL QF 2nd Leg: Barcelona (3) - AC Milan (1) (3-1 Agg) - 3/4/2012

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
^ I'm guessing luke07 is trying to apply Mou's Inter 4-2-3-1.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
^ I'm guessing luke07 is trying to apply Mou's Inter 4-2-3-1.

The only Moutactic we should have in mind is Barca - Inter 2010.

You can beat Barca with a weaker team on paper if you just don't give them any space for free what so ever.

We really played well tactically in the first leg considering we had no Silva or Van Bommel.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
van Bommel did the scouting during their training. Send him in!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
our main attacking strategy should be deep long balls to Zlatan or KPB.

i predict a goal from a Bonera long ball to Zlatan who chests it down to KPB, and then BOOM! Prince of Volleys will smash it home.

but only if Zlatan finally learns the offside rule and stays onside. :tongue:

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
Abate and Boss will be back thats a huge boost for us. We can do it!! We can go to the UCL final!

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
sendig long ball is not really working with them, the only thing worked was the early pressing which really can hurt them, that was shown that they do a lot of mistakes if we did high pressing on their weak defensive players(3 great chances), however our damn luck of injures and fitness is preventing us from doing this kind of pressing for long, or else i would predicted us to even have a win at Camp neu.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
Ibra in midfield vs Barca?
SES in midfield as well?
Three attackers on the field vs Barca away?

Seriously?

Did you watch the Arsenal game at all?

ibra as SS and interchange position between him => prince and ses, it is only on paper formation

ses and prince tracking back ( they always do)

so when defend it will be 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1

sigh.....formation always change during game ;)

why lopez? cause he will battle with pique and ibra will be more useful than just being target man

Last edited:

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
i hope pato makes it, we could really use his pace on the counter especially if we play like we did against them at home and his finishing is clinical.

come on ducky step up

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
jawad? he certainly did :D

well, we had a master piece performance from unexpected heros that didn't perform for a long time in ambro, Bonera, nini, it was a pleasent surprise to be honest and i'm glad they did raise up for the Occasion, however i didn't doubt Ambro, nini, i doubt Slowdorf and Allegri(which yet to prove me wrong).

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
well, we had a master piece performance from unexpected heros that didn't perform for a long time in ambro, Bonera, nini, it was a pleasent surprise to be honest and i'm glad they did raise up for the Occasion, however i didn't doubt Ambro, nini, i doubt Slowdorf and Allegri(which yet to prove me wrong).

never ever doubt allegri, the mister has tactical capabilities, it's his squad who sometimes don't have 100% will :D

seedorf? hmmm from 10 games he mostly only step up 1-2 games :lol:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand why you people keep talking about Maxi López; i've seen him thousands of times, and he is the biggest piece of shit i've seen EVER.

God damn it is he even worse than Binho in finishing?

This game will be enduring no doubt about that. The most important thing to keep in mind: They need to open the score line and we need not. Even if the game drags on to the extra time and we have to wait until the very last minute for our goal we will have to be patient. This is actually a difficult game to stay calm in but we will have to do so. They need to rush and we defend with patience and wait and see what will happen.

Last edited:

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
never ever doubt allegri, the mister has tactical capabilities, it's his squad who sometimes don't have 100% will :D

seedorf? hmmm from 10 games he mostly only step up 1-2 games :lol:

Allegri for me is an average coach that don't have balls(always playing senior players not giving any chance to energy, young players(always Slowdorf)), making a lot of bad decisions(such as playing unfit Silva, unfit robinho...), Making late subs(75+ minute), not rotating when he should be, and yet to win a game against big opponent this season(arsenal win was due slowdorf injury which forced him to field Urby).

So yeah i doubt him and i will still do until he works in his weakness.

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
-----------------Maxi---------
--------Ibra------------------
----------------Boateng------
----Seedorf-------------------
---------MVB-Ambrosini--------
Antonini------------------Abate
--------Nesta------Mexes------
------------Abbiati-------------

Hope this is the formation.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
........Ibra.......SS
.............Prince
Seedorf...........Ambrosini/Abate
.............Bommel
Antonini....Nesta.....Mexes......Bonera/Abate
.....................Abbiati

My preferred formation.

The only way to win is pack the midfield and defense and frustrate them and hit them in the counter whenever we have a chance. Even if they 80 % possession we will have a chance then. Let them tici taka for 50 passes at a stretch in the half line. Will make them more frustrated when we win the ball and counter making Xavi and Pep whine about Anti football and Messi go back to his Argentina mode.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
this formation makes me cream a little bit

-----------------Ibra---------
----------Ses----------Boa-----
----------------Aqua-------------
-----------MVB-----Ambrosini--------
Antonini-----Nesta------Mexes-----Abate
-----------------Abbiati----------------

I would go with this on camp nou.

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score

Seedorf played like a boss and you didnt put him in the formation?

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
........Ibra.......SS
.............Prince
Seedorf...........Ambrosini
.............Bommel
Antonini....Nesta.....Mexes......Abate
.....................Abbiati

My preferred formation.

The only way to win is pack the midfield and defense and frustrate them and hit them in the counter whenever we have a chance. Even if they 80 % possession we will have a chance then. Let them tici taka for 50 passes at a stretch in the half line. Will make them more frustrated when we win the ball and counter making Xavi and Pep whine about Anti football and Messi go back to his Argentina mode.

The most likely formation I think and I agree about what you say about the tactics.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

:thumbsup:, Aqua is not very good defensively but he is surely the most creative player in our midfied, playing 2 anchores would remove the defensive pressure off him and he will do big damage to barca defense.

however Allegri would never play such formulation, he is a pussy.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Allegri for me is an average coach that don't have balls(always playing senior players not giving any chance to energy, young players(always Slowdorf)), making a lot of bad decisions(such as playing unfit Silva, unfit robinho...), Making late subs(75+ minute), not rotating when he should be, and yet to win a game against big opponent this season(arsenal win was due slowdorf injury which forced him to field Urby).

So yeah i doubt him and i will still do until he works in his weakness.

you should blame b+g not him

they give him this squad, if you want a rotation then let's wait for better squad

it's simple rocket science (rotation & quality substitution => better squad first)

it will very funny comparing milan squad now with barca, manc unt, city, madrid, even munchen

those teams are still better than milan in term of whole quality of the squad (not just the 11 starting member)

Last edited:

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
If maxi plays i think he would step up like Antonini and Bonera.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
however Allegri would never play such formulation, he is a pussy.

To not play SES in such defensive position isnt womanlike. I would claim the opposite. If women would have been intrested in football they would have liked formations that feel good while dreaming (like playing 4 attackers away vs Barca); a man think logically and choose a tactic which will give the best result in reality.

Last edited:

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To not play SES in such defensive position isnt womanlike. I would claim the opposite. If women would have been intrested in football they would have liked formations that feel good while dreaming (like playing 4 attackers away vs Barca); a man think logically and choose a tactic which will give the best result in reality.

He will play Slowdorf and unfit robi instead of SES and Aqui, that's why i said he is pussy.

anyway i don't think we will play with lone striker, berlo critisizes allegri after the game,i'm sure for being too defensive against barca, however in barca game, considering the circumstances, i don't think he had a chioce.

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
He will play Slowdorf and unfit robi instead of SES and Aqui, that's why i said he is pussy.

anyway i don't think we will play with lone striker, berlo critisizes allegri after the game,i'm sure for being too defensive against barca, however in barca game, considering the circumstances, i don't think he had a chioce.

Dude why are you hating Seedorf too much he played a good game against Barca WTF is your problem dickhead?

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

:thumbsup:

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dude why are you hating Seedorf too much he played a good game against Barca WTF is your problem dickhead?

Seedorf has had a horrible season. One match doesnt change that. I still think he can be usuable in CL because he is a big match man but thats about it.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

I can just say for you STFU, but again you are not worth it, and i don't hate seedorf, i just love milan and i don't want us be trashed because of seedorf, he had a good game, nothing special and he stopped playing after 65 minutes mark, and what is the odds of repeating that performance.

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
I can just say for you STFU, but again you are not worth it, and i don't hate seedorf, i just love milan and i don't want us be trashed because of seedorf, he had a good game, nothing special and he stopped playing after 65 minutes mark, and what is the odds of repeating that performance.

LOL calling Seedorf ''Slowdorf'' is not hating?

Schedule