The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, today is Ferragosto so don't expect any news.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Not sure if Chiesa is worth 40m, but this is close to the ideal transfer window for me also. The only worry is who is the vice-Ibra and what will be do when he's out for a while. I guess Leao and Szlobo/Rebic/Hakan rotate the LW AM positions. I also think we're more likely to loan Gabbia than Duarte. Gabbia can start at a low-mid table team, but no one will take a chance on Duarte I think.

In fact they ask 60M for Chiesa.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I said it before but now that it's much more likely to happen i'll repeat it. I would love for Messi to go to Inter.

Why would anyone want that? Their revenue will sky-rocket. Messi brings an amazing amount of fans/fanboys. Their merchandise will explode, SS will be packed (if they actually open the stadiums :lol:) and will be instant Scudetto and CL contenders. Actually safe to say they will win the Scudetto 90% sure. Not to mention all the sponsors and exposure they will get. Sure, their wage bill will grow a lot, but the pros will be much more than the cons. Pretty sure their revenue will grow by 100 m in just 12-18 months.

Only good side for Milan would be that the new TV deal (not negotiated yet for 2021-2024) will be inflated if Serie A has all of Messi, CR7 and Zlatan in the league. But this will only bring like 10-15 m more per year to us, while merda's revenue will grow significantly.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I said it before but now that it's much more likely to happen i'll repeat it. I would love for Messi to go to Inter.

Wow... lets also hope they sign Upa, KDB, Mbappe.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Well, this certainly is a boring mercato when everyones having discussions about Barcelona

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roback, Kalulu and Bjorklund: Milan place three shots in perspective

3 transfers so far

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Roback, Kalulu and Bjorklund: Milan place three shots in perspective

3 transfers so far

Kalulu looks very talented, I think we'll see him a lot this upcoming season.

Tried looking at some Roback videos but those games looked like games I've participated in myself, so not much to go by. I guess we'll have to trust Moncada on these transfers. Capanni was supposed to be an unbelievable talent but he seems to have withered out.

But the importance of building a strong youth sector cannot be overemphasized.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why would anyone want that? Their revenue will sky-rocket. Messi brings an amazing amount of fans/fanboys. Their merchandise will explode, SS will be packed (if they actually open the stadiums :lol:) and will be instant Scudetto and CL contenders. Actually safe to say they will win the Scudetto 90% sure. Not to mention all the sponsors and exposure they will get. Sure, their wage bill will grow a lot, but the pros will be much more than the cons. Pretty sure their revenue will grow by 100 m in just 12-18 months.

Only good side for Milan would be that the new TV deal (not negotiated yet for 2021-2024) will be inflated if Serie A has all of Messi, CR7 and Zlatan in the league. But this will only bring like 10-15 m more per year to us, while merda's revenue will grow significantly.

Or his salary could doom Inter's financial structure and his playstyle not adapted to Conte tactic could lead to a clash that completely fuck up their season.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Yeah but it's not like the newspapers weren't drawing sagas like there was no tomorrow. Sensi and Vererout come to my mind. And Zlatan, of course. There are always sagas. It's just that 90% of then are pure inventions by medias.

Ofc. That's sorta my point bro

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Messi needs a team that is adapted to him, just like Ronaldo does, and look how that turned out. He's also not getting any younger and never has been the hardest worker, to say the least. But... still wouldn't like to see Messi go to inter for sure

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti

Fuck that shit. Messi would bring a lot of bandwagon fans who would say things like 'I've been an Inter fan for 625 years' while repeating nonsense that they read about Serie A and Inter on Wikipedia.

It would combine two of the things that I hate: fan boys and Inter.

Fuck you.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Or his salary could doom Inter's financial structure and his playstyle not adapted to Conte tactic could lead to a clash that completely fuck up their season.

Exactly this, then they're stuck paying his salary for 5 seasons, same as how Juve are now stuck paying Cristiano.

The move will lift Serie A up to levels we haven't seen in a decade and it would Inter paying for it at a huge risk.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fuck that shit. Messi would bring a lot of bandwagon fans who would say things like 'I've been an Inter fan for 625 years' while repeating nonsense that they read about Serie A and Inter on Wikipedia.

It would combine two of the things that I hate: fan boys and Inter.

Fuck you.

Hahaha, I don't know I just like the idea of Inter stuck paying Messi 260m over 4 years. He's still Messi of course, but you need to build your team around him or he will just sulk and not give a shit. No better way to ruin Inter than to let them build around a moody 34 year old that's being paid 10x the next highest player. Wage inflation, huge player turnover, sky high expectations that won't be met, a competition with CR7 that will make him even more individualistic...

I don't know, it feels like a distraction that Inter can't afford and would derail their good progress. We could use this time to catch up with them and the extra revenue from broadcasting and advertising for Serie A will help us also.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
I don't like that Ibra didn't sign new contract yet.
He is slowing our mercato for now. If he don't sign ,Milan need to start to look for a new striker and that will be a setback for Milan. I hope he is a man of word.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
04867534f4c9a6ff920ce92019c9e0b2.gif
Fred Rogers!

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
raiola milking milan as he wants - ibra 7.5, donna 6 (+1 his brother), next will be captain average asking for 5...
just because of post covid results. same time other starters will be on ~2m or even below (theo, benna)...

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Maldini is not going to spend nearly half the budget on a bench player given Romagnoli and Kjaer are available.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think renewals are slowing down our window. I don?t know what?s true but fact is Ibra hasn?t renewed nor has Donna. I?m getting sick of that fat agent honestly. If every season we must suffer like this rather sell Donna honestly.
A more than probable reason for a slow mercato could be that we still don't know if we'll play EL or not. The need of a bigger squad size depends a lot from that. If we don't participate, there's basically only Serie A to be played until winter mercato.

Unfortunately the playoffs won't start before mid September. And knowing that we could face some tough opponents like Tottenham in the 3rd round it's impossible for us to just assume we'll make it.

Obviously we need to upgrade our squad no matter if we qualify for EL or not. But the budget who determines how we'll do so probably depends heavily on EL since it brings you more money from sponsorship deals and UEFA. That's the difficult part of planning our strategies. And the reason why we for sure are not intended to overpay now when mercato actually hasn't even opened.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A more than probable reason for a slow mercato could be that we still don't know if we'll play EL or not. The need of a bigger squad size depends a lot from that. If we don't participate, there's basically only Serie A to be played until winter mercato.

Unfortunately the playoffs won't start before mid September. And knowing that we could face some tough opponents like Tottenham in the 3rd round it's impossible for us to just assume we'll make it.

Obviously we need to uprage our squad no matter if we qualify for EL or not. But the budget who determines how we'll do so probably depends heavily on EL since it brings you more money from sponsorship deals and UEFA. That's the difficult part of planning our strategies. And the reason why we for sure are not intended to overpay now when mercato actually hasn't even opened.

This is a very good point. The window is open for long after we know if we made it to EL or not, though, so there's still time even if we don't upgrade before the qualifiers.

Elmayonesa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Castagne about to leave Atalanta. Not really expensive, 15 mil maybe. Not really level of the best, but knows the league.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA

Obviously we need to uprage our squad no matter if we qualify for EL or not. But the budget who determines how we'll do so probably depends heavily on EL since it brings you more money from sponsorship deals and UEFA. That's the difficult part of planning our strategies. And the reason why we for sure are not intended to overpay now when mercato actually hasn't even opened.

I agree. But a RB and back up winger are needed whether we make EL or not. Should at least cover those areas already.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why would anyone want that? Their revenue will sky-rocket. Messi brings an amazing amount of fans/fanboys. Their merchandise will explode, SS will be packed (if they actually open the stadiums ) and will be instant Scudetto and CL contenders. Actually safe to say they will win the Scudetto 90% sure. Not to mention all the sponsors and exposure they will get. Sure, their wage bill will grow a lot, but the pros will be much more than the cons. Pretty sure their revenue will grow by 100 m in just 12-18 months.

Strangely I have that same feeling brk has and I somehow had when Jube signed CR7.

In a first moment fans will go crazy and cheer like they already won; CL in Juves case, scudetto in Inters.

But in the long term Messi probably won't be as much a game changer like they thought he'll be. Admitted that is totally based on my gut feeling, nothing more. But remember when CR7 arrived? We were all like well, Juves dominance from now on will even be more potent than ever.

Do we feel like Juve today is stronger than that Juve of two years ago?

On the other side, Inters wage structure could soon be as fucked as Juves now if Messi doesn't bring them that instant success they need to make the calculations of hiring such an expensive player work out properly. Sure, his presence will boost Inters revenues. But so did CR7 for Juve - just not enough to prevent them from some of the biggest red numbers they had since years.

And on top of all of that: Serie A as a whole would also profit from Messis presence. Imagine: Messi, Ronaldo and Zlatan in one league, each battling for the traditional "big three". To promote the league and get better TV deals that will boost the revenues of each and every club in the league you can't ask for anything better.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree. But a RB and back up winger are needed whether we make EL or not. Should at least cover those areas already.

RB depends on us selling first.

I don't think a backup winger is a crucial element we need to rush. All the positions we have the luxury of waiting until the end of the window to get the best deal.

If Ibra for some reason doesn't renew then we need to rush and find an attacker to build around, but hopefully this doesn't happen. Every other decision isn't something that's holding up other details. We can wait until the last moment to sign Bakayoko, or Roca, or whoever. My guess is we laid the groundwork for all those deals and we know what needs to be done to close the deal, we're just holding to see what other options present themselves. It's a buyers market out there now and we are in no rush and the window isn't even formally open yet.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone have that photo with our ?amazing? line-up against Bayern i think in a friendly?:lol::lol:

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly a back up midfielder is way more important than a RW. If Kessie or Bennacer are injured we are completely fucked with 0 solution to replace them. We can survive with Saele and noodle on RW atm.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RB depends on us selling first.

I don't think a backup winger is a crucial element we need to rush. All the positions we have the luxury of waiting until the end of the window to get the best deal.

If Ibra for some reason doesn't renew then we need to rush and find an attacker to build around, but hopefully this doesn't happen. Every other decision isn't something that's holding up other details. We can wait until the last moment to sign Bakayoko, or Roca, or whoever. My guess is we laid the groundwork for all those deals and we know what needs to be done to close the deal, we're just holding to see what other options present themselves. It's a buyers market out there now and we are in no rush and the window isn't even formally open yet.
Agree 100%.

We have the luxury of being well covered in almost every area. Not the fine as we are type of covered. But there's no big hole needed to be filled immediately and before we have even played one game.

Just look at our post lockdown performances. With that average of points we weren't only aiming at 4th spot, but directly at the scudetto.

We surely will upgrade our squad just like all the other teams are doing. Obviously. But as you said, until we don't know about EL participation we probably won't buy before any sale has happened.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly a back up midfielder is way more important than a RW. If Kessie or Bennacer are injured we are completely fucked with 0 solution to replace them. We can survive with Saele and noodle on RW atm.
There is still Krunic and even Bresciannini who could fill the gap in emergency case. Not that I want those to be the primarily backups going into the season. But it wouldn't hurt too much for a while until we got proper backups on mercato.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that has been quite obvious for a while

paying all those millions for Dembele and Coutinho just to make up for Neymar leaving wasnt very wise
Then buying Griezman without having a clear role for him
and now they buy a washed out Pjanic

Actually those were 2 good players to buy to replace someone like Neymar. The fact that they failed at Barca is a different story, but they were both World class potential signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule