Week 3: Hellas Verona - Milan 15/09/19 20:45 CET

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic definitely won't start.

This will be a tough game away at a tough stadium. Again I'm hoping for a squeaky 1-0 win with a Borini finish off a scramble after the 80th minute.

I don't think Verona away should ever be a tough game for Milan. What would you call an away game to stronger opposition then? It's an expected win and anything less than that is going to be very disappointing.

I'm hoping for a surprise with Bonaventura at AM ahead of Castillejo. Midfield and defense should stay the same as Brescia. Suso and Piatek in front of Bonaventura.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Why would you hope that Borini scores instead of Piatek?

Because Borigol needs some love. Piatek gets more than enough love.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because Borigol needs some love. Piatek gets more than enough love.

Piatek will have a mental breakdown if he doesn't score soon.

Actually there are signs he already has had a breakdown.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

He needs to mature a bit. I think this barren phase is important to enable that.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that we will see Suso in Leao's place still, and Rebic hasn't really trained (away with NT) so GP won't start him, so except Samu again. Unless he has the balls to try Hakan/Bona there instead.

Of course GP will start Suso.
I was stating my opinion what I would do.
Maybe I’m tougher than GP :D

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Rebic definitely won't start.

This will be a tough game away at a tough stadium. Again I'm hoping for a squeaky 1-0 win with a Borini finish off a scramble after the 80th minute.

source.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Where are those signs?

Saw an interview with him a week ago where he seemed relaxed confident and funny as usual.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
ready for more of the same junk buildup play/chance creation? I'm not, but I know GP won't start anyone new so expect Ptek, Zuzu, and Noodleboy up top creating the most lethal force one has seen in Serie A.

Hopefully though, like last game, we can eek out a victory v. another below average team

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Where are those signs?

Saw an interview with him a week ago where he seemed relaxed confident and funny as usual.

He used to be ruthless and robotic on the pitch.
But the drought seem to have gotten to his head. He is now showing human flaws such as insecurity and mental fragility.

Unlucky to not score against Brescia though.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Suddenly impossible to post photos.

EEHTffLUYAAEng8

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Expected fit xi looks great without fraud Kessie in there.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I feel that this is where we win 5-0 to start our magical era by winning the league this season and 4 consecutive Champions league with Juve being one of the finalist 2 times

Suso being key player

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Expected fit xi looks great without fraud Kessie in there.

Show some respect dear friend.

He carried the midfield alone, several times. However, it's true that his development is somehow...slow or he didn't develop at all during Grinta era.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Only 5 days left, that’s a better feeling.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh yes. Kinda hoping that Milan and Verona ultras will make a statement condoning what Inter and Cagliari chaps have been up to.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Show some respect dear friend.

He carried the midfield alone, several times. However, it's true that his development is somehow...slow or he didn't develop at all during Grinta era.

I used a slightly harsh word I agree - it’s not like he doesn’t try - just that his general understanding of football is pretty low and combined with bad passing shooting and first touch it’s a disaster imo . He would be good at a countering team imo but not for a high possession build up kinda team. I hope Giampaolo can mould him to get the best of his attributes while not contributing much in attack . He really really messes up things hard. I can see Giampaolo being super frustrated with him . We should mostly use him now for 60’ first sub . He’d be very good at that role imo with his immense stamina and beastliness

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^Until Krunic gets up to speed, we have no option but to start with Kessie.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rebic is not training with the rest of the group but is doing a personalized workout. The chances of seeing him from the start against Verona are getting lower [MilanNews]

It was pretty obvious he wouldn't start.

I thought you said Borini until Krunic is ready :o

If we sell Kessie. We didn't sell Kessie. He's obviously a better player than Borini.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
No to Hakan in that line-up.

What's Biglia's status? Would like to see Paq-Biglia-Bennacer against smaller teams. People shit on him, but he keeps our play fluid and is crucial when in-form.

Also, pretty sure Musakio will start.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Gigi
Calabria-Duarte-Romag-Theo
Kessie-Bennacer-Paq
Suso-Piatek-Leao

Grazie ciao

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh yes. Kinda hoping that Milan and Verona ultras will make a statement condoning what Inter and Cagliari chaps have been up to.

Verona?
If anything they would mock Inter for "bowing down to politically correct leftists" and for being "a multi-ethnic organization". Verona ultras are in no position to condone anyone for racist behavior. Heck, they probably see this as a chance to out-do Caglari fans.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Verona?
If anything they would mock Inter for "bowing down to politically correct leftists" and for being "a multi-ethnic organization". Verona ultras are in no position to condone anyone for racist behavior. Heck, they probably see this as a chance to out-do Caglari fans.

Aren’t Hellas our brothers and Chievo the pigs?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Aren’t Hellas our brothers and Chievo the pigs?

If you're referring to ultras friendships, then no, left-wing Fossa dei Leoni did not have a good relationship with right-wing Verona ultras.

Hellas is associated with the '73 and '90 fuckups where all Milan needed to do was to beat them to win the scudetto.

Chievo barely have any fans and weren't relevant at all until recent years.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
^Until Krunic gets up to speed, we have no option but to start with Kessie.

Do you mean physically?

On the posted formation, Hakan has looked terrible on the right, it may be better to switch him and Paqueta if the coach really wants to drop Kessie. Paqueta brings more assurance in the attacking phase but it seems the coach will be equally as frustrated (if he actually is with Franck as is being stated here) since Paqueta doesnt always move the ball quickly and likes to dictate pace to his liking.

GP has made more statements about Paqueta than others but maybe its because the team may want to sell Suso and Kessie and it makes little sense to diminish any value while they also have to rely on them because there arent better alternatives.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Verona?

Both sets hate Inter. But regardless, I do agree with you in general terms. All ultras are best case rednecks, and worst case criminals. Including Milan ultras.