Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread

How do you think Ibrahimović's 2011-2012 season at Milan will go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Yea he has had two really bad games in a row. Fortunaly in league play we have others how can cover up for him. On postive note: its nice to see Milan win even when Zlatan has a real stinker of a game.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He looks exhausted now .. Bad passing .. no pace .. Would not hate on him, but at this point I won't mind resting him a game or 2 and starting him from the bench just to charge his batteries again.. He'll find it hard to finish the season strong else ..

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
We have only one game a week for three weeks. No need to rest him now, he'll have all the time he needs.

He has now scored or provided assist in 20 out of 24 games started.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
IMO, he has not been very good since the winter break (I am not saying he has been poor). He still produces something spectacular every now and then but I feel he was much more dominate in the first half of the season.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
IMO, he has not been very good since the winter break (I am not saying he has been poor). He still produces something spectacular every now and then but I feel he was much more dominate in the first half of the season.

He often has a down period in early winter. He'll be back. Without him - no Scudetto. The lead in the league has decreased down to 5 points during the short time Zlatan has been out of form. That says everything about how important he is.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
He often has a down period in early winter. He'll be back. Without him - no Scudetto. The lead in the league has decreased down to 5 points during the short time Zlatan has been out of form. That says everything about how important he is.

Would you say that quite natural as the team is build around Zlatan? Anywho, wouldnt mind benching him for the Napoli game as in his current state is more of a libility then an asset

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Pato deserves a start. Zlatan was bad vs Chievo so he should come on as a sub against Catania.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
WOW - he wasnt that bad. Yes does look like a bit of a rest is needed for him to freshen up but he was definitely better than the Spurs game.

He put himself about, had a long range shot saved and linked up pretty well. Even late in the match his touches and runs into the channel were needed and executed.

You cant rest him vs Napoli - crazy talk (reduced load in training for him)

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Missed the game :( He sucked again?
Didn't suck, but is clearly tired and worn out. A bunch of bad passes and slow movement, but still a great assist, and a few other opportunities.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato deserves a start. Zlatan was bad vs Chievo so he should come on as a sub against Catania.

Zlatan will not be rested for one single game rest of the season.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
the problem is not ibra-pato , its just that for all their fancy moves cassano and robi are wasteful .. only one among them should play . NOt to mention our uncreative midfield... lets see next game...boateng can improve our midfield a lot:thumbsup:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: What a fucking muppet! you like flamini and hate pirlo??? i am ashamed that am from the same country as you. No one will ever take football opinion from an indian seriously thanks to the ridiculous garbage you have been writing for the past few months/years whatever..

post of da yrrrrr !!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I miss his spectacular goals :o :o

Please score against Napoli Ibraaaaaa

Frusciante12

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
WOW - he wasnt that bad. Yes does look like a bit of a rest is needed for him to freshen up but he was definitely better than the Spurs game.

He put himself about, had a long range shot saved and linked up pretty well. Even late in the match his touches and runs into the channel were needed and executed.

You cant rest him vs Napoli - crazy talk (reduced load in training for him)

I do agree with you, some people are way too fast when it comes to judging players, I can't believe some people want to bench him just because he didn't perform well today. I'm positive he'll be back to the old Ibra we know next game!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Reaction score
He's a professional footballer, and a professional one at that - not an overweight party boy. You don't get physically exhausted from walking about on a green field for 90 mins 1½ times a week if you're in good physical shape. You're not going to be tired 10 minutes into a game like that.

Ibrahimovic's challenges are mental, not physical. He's an extremely versatile footballer and doesn't like to limit himself to a certain role. In Barcelona, he struggled with the limitations that his role in the Barcelona system forced upon him. In Milan, he's been needed as both a target man and playmaker, and he's struggling to find the balance between those two contradicting roles (and so is Allegri quite apparently).

When he can't find his role well in a match, he becomes uncomfortable and as a result his execution becomes wildly inconsistent. He can't make up his mind on and off the ball, and he can't go back to the basics cause he has no basics . He's always been trying to do something special all the time since he first kicked a ball as a kid in Malmo, and as a result he can do a whole lot of special stuff, but has no conventional speciality to fall back on. He's a difficult player to have in your team - it demands a lot from his teammates and especially his manager. He's not able to carry a team if the team doesn't play in a way that makes them suited to be carried. When Barcelona played extraterrestial football during the first 30 minutes of the Champions League quarter final against Arsenal last season, Ibra achieved nothing. When they eventually ran out of steam and Xavi fed some through balls directly to Zlatan, he scored two great goals and killed the draw. But in the semi-finals, the naive Arsenal defense was replaced by a certain bus, and Zlatan ended up achieving nothing for 70+70 minutes.

If Milan (or another club eventually... or even his national team) can find a reliable and effective system in which Ibrahimovic has a role that he's comfortable with and utilized to his full potential before the end of his career, he could be unstoppable and lead his team to his most desired trophies. If they don't, he can always pull out a fine headed assist or a well-executed but narrowly ruled out bicecleta goal. But having your key player do that and nothing else for 90 minutes is usually not enough when you have to win consecutive games against some of the best teams in the world.

Last edited:

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zhutchka :star::star::star:

Brilliant post.

Goldfinger68

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He's a professional footballer, and a professional one at that - not an overweight party boy. You don't get physically exhausted from walking about on a green field for 90 mins 1½ times a week if you're in good physical shape. You're not going to be tired 10 minutes into a game like that.

Ibrahimovic's challenges are mental, not physical. He's an extremely versatile footballer and doesn't like to limit himself to a certain role. In Barcelona, he struggled with the limitations that his role in the Barcelona system forced upon him. In Milan, he's been needed as both a target man and playmaker, and he's struggling to find the balance between those two contradicting roles (and so is Allegri quite apparently).

When he can't find his role well in a match, he becomes uncomfortable and as a result his execution becomes wildly inconsistent. He can't make up his mind on and off the ball, and he can't go back to the basics cause he has no basics . He's always been trying to do something special all the time since he first kicked a ball as a kid in Malmo, and as a result he can do a whole lot of special stuff, but has no conventional speciality to fall back on. He's a difficult player to have in your team - it demands a lot from his teammates and especially his manager. He's not able to carry a team if the team doesn't play in a way that makes them suited to be carried. When Barcelona played extraterrestial football during the first 30 minutes of the Champions League quarter final against Arsenal last season, Ibra achieved nothing. When they eventually ran out of steam and Xavi fed some through balls directly to Zlatan, he scored two great goals and killed the draw. But in the semi-finals, the naive Arsenal defense was replaced by a certain bus, and Zlatan ended up achieving nothing for 70+70 minutes.

If Milan (or another club eventually... or even his national team) can find a reliable and effective system in which Ibrahimovic has a role that he's comfortable with and utilized to his full potential before the end of his career, he could be unstoppable and lead his team to his most desired trophies. If they don't, he can always pull out a fine headed assist or a well-executed but narrowly ruled out bicecleta goal. But having your key player do that and nothing else for 90 minutes is usually not enough when you have to win consecutive games against some of the best teams in the world.

Dude, damn ur good! The best i ever read about him and his way to play. U just wrote everything that i feel, but could not express. You should write more often, cause its not everyday now u find a good/serious post in this forum.

The Jet

Dovieandi se tov'ya sagat
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva-kaka-pele-MVB-Milan Legends

Effortlessly Brilliant! :star::star::star:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
is there any striker in serie a who played more than this guy?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I kind of disagree with Zhutchka's first point. He looks fatigued. And it makes sense, no one takes a bigger physical beating than Zlatan. Playing every game is tiring but it's his style which makes it worse... he gets hit hard every match. He looks a step slower, and that's expected.

As for your point on target man and playmaker. That's all down to midfield. Zlatan for me is always going to be kind of a free forward. Not a #10 or #9. And that's great cause he's got unique gifts. He was meant to replace sheva in 2006 but it never happened cause of calciopoli. I can't help but think in that team with him playing with pippo (or hell... gilardino), kaka, seedorf, pirlo behind feeding the ball, we'd see his best consistently. It's his most natural role. So I believe if we had the midfield support, we could see this with Pato. Pato has more of a pure #9's instinct which is what you want with Zlatan. He's clinical and generally makes a lot of runs (when he's on his game he's constantly moving)

Unfortunately the midfield used today is a far cry from that one.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whatever he is freak, I am liking him more and more these days, today his assist was awesome, We will have a greater offense when pato and zlatan is comfortable with each others style and when cass is fully fit. the shit cassano can do with ball is amazing.

One of the best forwards in the world if only he can be little more clinical, we need to score those chances and then we can experiment with different formations.

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I kind of disagree with Zhutchka's first point. He looks fatigued. And it makes sense, no one takes a bigger physical beating than Zlatan. Playing every game is tiring but it's his style which makes it worse... he gets hit hard every match. He looks a step slower, and that's expected.

+1
for me this is obvious, this is what he looks like when he is fatigued.

Id say the possible mental issues of not finding his role clearly on the field recently are a consecence of him not beeing able to do what he wants to do physicly. Atleast more so than the other way around. Poor midfield obv isent helping this cause either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule