Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread

How do you think Ibrahimović's 2011-2012 season at Milan will go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
lol wut?

chiellini is a major pussy.

maybe. Brainless hack and chopper with 0 organizational skills to be called a real cb.

but he does have ibra's number every time all the time.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What about Hoffa? :cry:

But :lol: at everything the last 1.5 pages of this thread. I think I love some of you folks :thumbsup:

Please tell Fredrik you love him the most though...

Noone wants to mop his tears nor tell him it'll all be better tomorrow.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
My list is long enough. Can't afford to add another one.

poor fred.
Untitled-1.jpg

I'm here for you, bud.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
The prison shower stare. He just kicked your soap away and is waiting for you to pick it up. I've seen it. Let me tell you one thing: DON'T pick it up.

:thumbsup:

thank you for your concern, but having seen OZ, I am well aware of the pitfalls that lead to getting Adebisi'ed.

Apanage

Primavera
Reaction score
If Eto'o has such a winning mentality then why isn't it him with 8 league wins in a row?

Because football isn't an individual sport?Your logic says that Gary Neville was a far better player than Maradona.

Ibra only played 25 games from start out of the 68 games Ajax played during their two gold seasons.But I'm pretty sure his "winning mentality" was crucial
for Ajax gold medals.He surely won the championships for Ajax spending a lot more than half the time on the bench or in the stands.

I'm going through all Serie A and CL stats from 2000 (have just finished 2005/2006 season) and forward.As you can see below Ibra was the only reason for Juventus winning the scudettos.

Stats Serie A Juventus two gold seasons 2004/2006 (only goals from open play.No penalties):
David Trezeguet 32 goals in 3426 played minutes
Del Piero 20 goals in 3619 played minutes
Zlatan ibrahimovic 22 goals in 5186 played minutes

CL 2004/2006
David Trezeguet 10 goals in 1068 played minutes
Del Piero 6 goals in 1110 played minutes
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 3 goals in 1201 played minutes

Goalscoring average overall 2004/2006:

David Trezeguet 1 goal from openplay every 107:th played minute
Del Piero 1 goal from openplay every 181:th played minute
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 1 goal from openplay every 255:th played minute.

Can you see how ridicolous it is to say that Ibras two scudettos with Juventus was a product of Ibras winning mentality?And can you see why it is equally stupid to say that Barca lost La Liga 2007/2008 because Etoo hadn't a winning mentality when he in fact scored 16 goals from open play in the 18 games he participated in?

To be honest there are very few forwards that actually have performed as well as Ibra during the last 8 years.Many forwards have made 3 or 4 good seasons and then vanished.Ibra has stayed amongst the top 10 forwards for almost a decade and some years (the two last seasons in Inter) he has been amongst the 5 best.But there is also a reason for why Etoo has been beating Ibra in every year in the FIFA footballer of the year competition (where Skippers and national team captains have been voting)

Ibras scoring record from open play is way below average if you compare with the last decades world class forwards(which I will prove when I'm finished with my stats project) and especially so in the big competitions (3 in 24 games or so in the knockoutstages in CL for example) and in the big SerieA games.Those individual stats are a much better measure of winning mentality than being a member of a team who won the league.

He doesn't score when it matters the most because he is actually lacking winning mentality.His talent is extreme and is probably only beaten by Messi and Ronaldo.

But a player like Etoo always made those crucial goals in the big games
despite being far less talented overall than Ibra.An he also accepted playing as a winger/midfielder in Inter well aware of the fact that it would mean him scoring half as much as a centre forward.Compare that to how Zlatan reacted
when he was told to play lone centre forward in Guardiolas system which still would lead him to score a lot (remember Stuttgart and Arsenal away.The three only goals he has done in the C-knockoutstages he did under a system he hated) but which would lead to Ibra not having the ball enough.A winner adjusts to what the coach says even if it means that less glory belongs to him.Etoo did that.Scored the winning goal against Chelsea away and accepted that Milito got the role of Hero that Etoo otherwise surely would have got.But he also got his 3rd CL trophy.

Ibra is too much of a showman and needs to "dominate" the game to feel good about himself.But that also means that our team long periods of time are without a hungry goalgetter with a scoring mentality.

If he had a winning mentality the dude could easily score 40 goals a season.Did you see the game against Palermo? Outstanding goal scoring performance.Clinical fast finishing seemingly without effort. But most time of the season he just don't bother to do it.It is almost like he doesn't want to score sometimes.He is more pleased by playing the walking football with the occasional genius passes instead.

Sure he has provided 15 assists or so in the legue in two seasons and that is very good (but still less than Ronaldinho did in the Milan jersey).But 23 goals from open play in 49 serie A games is not good and especially not when the guy has a potential where the sky is the limit but where he doesn't seem to bother half the time.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ibra was nothing special at juventus, but tbf he came to a hard league compared to the dutch league and started learning.

he did good in first season, crap in his second.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ibra was nothing special at juventus, but tbf he came to a hard league compared to the dutch league and started learning.

he did good in first season

"He did good in first season"?

Juve won the Scudetto and he was named best foreign player in Serie A.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
yeh juve did steal the scudetto

I don't really give a fuck about the awards, ffs marchisio won italian player of the year ahead of di natale.

he did good in the league, 16 goals iirc, nothing in europe.

milanistaaaa

Banned
Reaction score
Fantastic post. No disrespect in not quoting the whole thing (feel like a spammer:))

I've been saying this about Zlatan since he was at Juve. He's great. Even world class but he's riding the waves of the top team of the hour.

He's mediocre in Europe, scoreless in the World cup against both big teams like England and tiny ones like Trinidad and Tobago.

Put him in a good team and he'll deliver the goods. He's not god. He's not even as good as Eto'o. Ridiculous comparison really.

But in a team with the likes of Muntari and Nocerino (aka Inter and Juve rejects) he's definitely king

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Blablablabla

I didn't read half of that shit. Skimming halfway through it I concluded it's the same tired bullshit you always spout. I don't feel the need to go though that again.

But my logic doesn't dictate Gary Neville was better than Maradona. I actually watched that Juve team, so i don't need stats to tell me what i already know. Ibra was fundamental to that side, even though his second season wasn't as good as his first.

Obviously Serie A footballers, the people actually playing against him, agree with me since they gave him the foreign player of the year award. That's good enough for me. You take your stats and be happy with that. :)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i read the first part of that post though... and look at the minutes played between the three attackers... ibra played the most. Capello always wanted him on the pitch... i wonder why.

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i read the first part of that post though... and look at the minutes played between the three attackers... ibra played the most. Capello always wanted him on the pitch... i wonder why.

Maybe it had to do with what Spalleti said. "You can kick any type of long ball to him and he just kills it anyway. That's why they move so fast"".

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Excellent, excellent post. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everyone has their favorite players and tends to overhype their performances / abilities.

It took only a poor half season for many Milan fans to turn their back on Pato, who turned from one of the world's best young players to "must cash in on broken goods". The truth is - Pato is still much better than what the haters are painting.

While Ibra, he isn't a god, and he is significantly worse than what his fanboys are trying to paint here. Ibra has some unique characteristics which make him slaughter weaker teams in Serie A on the way to the title.
But then Ibra can get two consecutive league bans in the crucial stage or consistently disappear in big games because of "playing out of position". :o
Yes, sometimes it looks like he is trying to enjoy himself rather than help the team win.
Ibra is NOT a complete WC player. Period. And he is 30.

In that sense, Etoo is a much more complete player. And he does score when it matters most. But it his characteristics Ibra is second to none.
So, which one is better is a matter of your personal preference.
Which do you prefer - consistency or occasional spurts of brilliance?

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
ibra is the living definition of a consistently world class god level player

if u disagree get glasses or get brain

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Says a guy with Ibra on his avatar.:fp::thumbsup::lol:
Pink glasses is what's needed i reckon, a huge hype machine also. :D

What Ibra is doing now in the league, Sheva used to do week in week out for a couple of years.... AND without a compulsive need for everyone to call him a god and to feed his ego.
There's your whole difference.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What Ibra is doing now in the league, Sheva used to do week in week out for a couple of years.... AND without a compulsive need for everyone to call him a god and to feed his ego.
There's your whole difference.

:lol:
There's no difference at all.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldhino, Messi, KPB, Ibrah
:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Some just won't open their eyes and be thankful for the remarkable player that he is. The guy has won at every level minus the world cup, and has done it his own way. Some people don't like the fact that he can half ass it, and still be better than 99% of the guys on the pitch haha

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
on Prince facebook

430760_172457169538715_154781547972944_256104_1531269129_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule