The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes you can't expect that they will be world class, so you can use the money for better signings, and not take such cheap players.

Who the hell was Duarte? A defender who did not convince Flamengo fans :lol:
Saelemaekers was also not good in Belgium :lol:

Rade fucking Krunic, a 25 year old who got only one full season with Empoli.

Did it occur to you that sometimes you need to cover 3 positions and better players cost as much as your whole budget?
Buying players like Krunic and Duarte is not a problem, all midtable/pre-top clubs do it. We are not Real to buy 2 best players on every position.

As for Duarte, why would anyone care what fans think? Look at this forum, even Romagnoli has his own little haters :lol:. Many so called fans don't watch matches, only youtube videos.
I remember Duarte was rated highly. Don't know what happened between him and fans, he could just have bad season

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
That's the point, I didn't make up my mind.
You're saying that he is shit and literally in the next sentence that 180 minutes of game time is not enough to judge:lol:

That is because I've seen him play every game for Anderlecht. He's not shit but he definitely ain't milan material either. This will just be 7M in the garbage bin, unless he really improves a LOT. We still haven't learned. I heard the people from
the board at Anderlecht were relieved that Milan took him over completely. Even there he was definitely not convincing and was often benched. Don't understand this transfer at all, unless our scouts are pure shit... oh wait.

Oshimen and Malinovski for example were players who really made the difference in the Belgian league, and who showed often signs of 'talent', not Saelemaekers. What I don't like about him is that he's often running with the ball like a headless chickenBut I'll give him his time to show himself... for now I just think he definitely ain't good enough.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
source.gif

:lol:

New role for Rangnick. Catch 22.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Did it occur to you that sometimes you need to cover 3 positions and better players cost as much as your whole budget?
Buying players like Krunic and Duarte is not a problem, all midtable/pre-top clubs do it. We are not Real to buy 2 best players on every position.

As for Duarte, why would anyone care what fans think? Look at this forum, even Romagnoli has his own little haters :lol:. Many so called fans don't watch matches, only youtube videos.
I remember Duarte was rated highly. Don't know what happened between him and fans, he could just have bad season

I agree.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Duarte - We could have extended for another season with Cristian Zapata who was better and more experienced.

Saelemaekers - We already had Borini, who left for free. Same shit.

Krunic - What we paid for Krunic is more than what we got for Juraj Kucka 2 years before.

Instead of buying new cheap fodder, you can always use fodder you have in the team with no additional cost.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to what reported by the editorial staff of Sky Sport Austria , Ralf Rangnick was in Austria last night, more precisely at the Salzburg party, and would have revealed the interest of bringing Dominik Szoboszlai to Milan.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I hope that Ralf was able to convince him because competition around him between clubs is crazy. :o

I mean, just take a look at clubs who's following him. Almost like it's unrealistic that Milan will catch him before others but Ralf is truly our only hope so that's why I'm still kinda positive about it.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic at his best is a squad player for a title challenging team, which we aren't. His level as a starter is those 4th - 7th place teams, because while he lacks the consistency to be borderline world class to elite level. He has a lot of endeavour and work rate, which teams need within their squads. What he'll lack in quality at times, he'll make up for it with his determination for the cause.

I'll keep him as we have a lack of pace within the squad and can play multiple positions. Which means we can spend money elsewhere on other needs as we have a utility forward who can play across the front line.
Rebic? We're still talking someone who was a starter for Croatias NT who made it into the world cup finals two years ago and who was protagonist with his club in the same season alongside Jovic.

Not sure how far Milans rise to greatness will be accompanied by Rebic. But for now I'm very happy with him, his attitude, his contribution and his goals. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gonna stay and be integral for our rise for quite some while.

Yesterday he looked gassed. Messed up some pretty easy first touches and passes. If you've played lots of football on competition level you'll recognise that those are errors who usually come from not being sharp in mind, which again happens when your body feels exhausted.

Well, it's been like the third game in seven days. Moreover he's one who doesn't spare himself, which I appreciate very much, but led to that performance yesterday. IMO Pioli, who already saw after the Roma game how exhausted he was, shoul have started Leao for this one and rest Rebic.

Then, that Rebic is being played out of position since Serie A restarted might have affected his performance as well is a whole different discussion. In my eyes that wasn't as crucial for his no-game yesterday as simply fatigue. Obviously from a tactical point of view you'll get more out of his characteristics when you give him a target man alongside, whether it shifts him to SS or LW position. But messing up those little things is a sign of fatigue in body and mind.

Again, Rebic is no Ronaldo by all means, but he gives me the impression that with all his grinta and effort, paired with his overall good speed and technique, he can give us a lot in the upcoming years. He's at 8 goals after basically not having played for half a season. If he can provide 15 goals per season combined with his hard working rate mentality and maybe some more assists he's definitely more than good enough to start for a title competing team, let alone for us.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Appendix: Suso had those stats (sometimes), but in a system that was based and centred on him and him alone respectively the way Susos characteristics worked demanded a system that focused on him. Obviously as a team that doesn't bring you anywhere. That's why I'm so glad that we are "freed" from a Suso centred game.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Alexis did fine yesterday? The guy was very active. Put in a few great crosses, did decently in defense and fought until the very end. He is actually the reason why we got the draw. That cross was put in a very dangerous area and forced a mistake. What do you expect from a kid that had 80 minutes in total before that game?
Nah, I'm with you.

I wasn't sure if I was being completely off the charts when I saw all those hate for Alexis yesterday in the match thread. But I too found that in an evening of many annoying performances he was one of the least annoying ones...

... with the exception of his crosses. And even more his corner kicks. But tbf neither Theo, Calabria or Laxalt managed to put one single decent cross into the box. It really wasn't the evening of Milans great crossers. But hey, at least don't spare the critics for the others when criticizing Saele.

But other than that? Way more offensive efforts by him than by Theo (who also tbf looked gassed or at least knocked after the foul). Also some interesting through balls and dribblings. Defensively solid. Really surprised by how people choose him as scape goat.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Nah, I'm with you.

I wasn't sure if I was being completely off the charts when I saw all those hate for Alexis yesterday in the match thread. But I too found that in an evening of many annoying performances he was one of the least annoying ones...

... with the exception of his crosses. And even more his corner kicks. But tbf neither Theo, Calabria or Laxalt managed to put one single decent cross into the box. It really wasn't the evening of Milans great crossers. But hey, at least don't spare the critics for the others when criticizing Saele.

But other than that? Way more offensive efforts by him than by Theo (who also tbf looked gassed or at least knocked after the foul). Also some interesting through balls and dribblings. Defensively solid. Really surprised by how people choose him as scape goat.

saele played more as rw not fullback yesterday??
hate is because after average samu we got even more average winger?/fullback?
we need quality for attack not more players who are not able to produce much against shit teams.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lots of talks about daddy Bernard taking over soon. Cumvideo looks very confident. He's been talking about this for days

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Lots of talks about daddy Bernard taking over soon. Cumvideo looks very confident. He's been talking about this for days

Would make more sense once they break ground on the stadium...takeovers of this magnitude would generally take months, unless lawyers have been working round the clock and they've somehow kept everything under wraps.

Bit odd that Elliot transferred 120 shares from one HoldCo to their other HoldCo, moving the split into a perfect 70:30 between the two Corps that hold the shares for Milan....

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Some interesting changes in shares at a corporate level shortly after a very positive signals on the stadium.

Some are speculating that it'll involve selling minority shares.

f1c2998c27a465ce14ce8d69d68c1662.jpg

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I hope that Ralf was able to convince him because competition around him between clubs is crazy. :o

I mean, just take a look at clubs who's following him. Almost like it's unrealistic that Milan will catch him before others but Ralf is truly our only hope so that's why I'm still kinda positive about it.

If Boban wasn't gone would have already locked it up bb, but yes our hopes now lie in ralf. I think Szoboszlai and Tonali are the most interesting midfield names we've been linked with this summer, hoping to get one of them (both is pipe dream) and seems like Szoboszlai is a real possibility rn

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Atalanta vs Napoli

Mattia Caldara with another solid performance :star:

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Atalanta vs Napoli

Mattia Caldara with another solid performance :star:

Three man back line and he was just not very good or even available when here. Hindsight is 20/20 but he never seemed to adjust to being at Milan or a larger club. Not sure what his issues were but I don?t think he was ever going to be comfortable here.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
saele played more as rw not fullback yesterday??
hate is because after average samu we got even more average winger?/fullback?
we need quality for attack not more players who are not able to produce much against shit teams.

After Calabria went out and Leao came in he shifted to RB/RWB. Doesn't really matter tho as they had 10 of their 11 players in their box and we had 10 of our 11 players around their box.

But you seem to ignore what I actually wrote:

? [...] But I too found that in an evening of many annoying performances he was one of the least annoying ones... [...] ?

I'm not saying he was great. I'm saying he was not terrible. Or at least not the most terrible one out there. From how I understand it in the match thread people seemed to be particularly annoyed with Saele while Theo for example was playing even worse in my eyes (I know that's probably not going to be a popular opinion).

... that doesn't mean I rate Saele over Theo overall. It's just my observation based on this game only.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently some guy named Markus Schopp will take over with Rangnick? Anyone know anything about him?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would make more sense once they break ground on the stadium...takeovers of this magnitude would generally take months, unless lawyers have been working round the clock and they've somehow kept everything under wraps.

Bit odd that Elliot transferred 120 shares from one HoldCo to their other HoldCo, moving the split into a perfect 70:30 between the two Corps that hold the shares for Milan....

Yeah, I don't believe it could happen that soon. Imagine the mess if we are in a take-over during a transfer window. Also the stadium does not official green light and they said it would take a few months to receive it.

Many journos are saying it is happening though. No idea how reliable they are but Serafini was mocked big time a few months ago when he said the take-over is done :lol: If it happens though we won't hear the end of it...

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Apparently some guy named Markus Schopp will take over with Rangnick? Anyone know anything about him?

Former player of Sturm Graz, Brescia, Salzburg and NY RB, was involved in Sturm Graz Youth team management, Salzburg Youth, u21 Austria Youth team and recently as manager for a small Austrian Club.

He has the RB DNA and a penchant for youth so it makes sense but it would be quite surprising actually.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
After Calabria went out and Leao came in he shifted to RB/RWB. Doesn't really matter tho as they had 10 of their 11 players in their box and we had 10 of our 11 players around their box.

But you seem to ignore what I actually wrote:

? [...] But I too found that in an evening of many annoying performances he was one of the least annoying ones... [...] ?

I'm not saying he was great. I'm saying he was not terrible. Or at least not the most terrible one out there. From how I understand it in the match thread people seemed to be particularly annoyed with Saele while Theo for example was playing even worse in my eyes (I know that's probably not going to be a popular opinion).

... that doesn't mean I rate Saele over Theo overall. It's just my observation based on this game only.

think you ignored what i wrote
"hate is because after average samu we got even more average winger?/fullback?"
so lets do it:
- because theo had many good games (also a couple terrible) and saele is new and looks average.
- because he had many missed crosses and he was just signed as new milan player - what look like terrible deal (quality wise)
- because he doesnt look better than samu (who is average)
- he got more hate yes, but really much more than paq, hakan, bona?? (just looking on our attack)

also i wouldnt care much about usual trolls opinions about players

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Former player of Sturm Graz, Brescia, Salzburg and NY RB, was involved in Sturm Graz Youth team management, Salzburg Youth, u21 Austria Youth team and recently as manager for a small Austrian Club.

He has the RB DNA and a penchant for youth so it makes sense but it would be quite surprising actually.

I see

If I had to guess I would say he will be Rangnick's assistant for the upcoming season and then eventually take over

Status
Not open for further replies.