The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Ah, Boban's tell-all interview with Gazzetta has turned out very, very nicely.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Can we please create a thread for the professor's orphans?

I don't like to let anything screw my mood after padre stefano's team dismantled the most inform team in the league.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, it was way hard to decide which way to go after having played some of the best football we have in a decade.

Now that we're sticking with Maldini and Pioli. I hope we renew Ibra, and continue this mix of Young and Experienced. Apparently even Begovic is offering something in the locker room.

Yep, if we're going this way then players like Kjaer (renewed) and Ibra (hope so too) need to be here to help lead. We seem to be united as given by multiple players' interviewing saying as much about leadership and Pioli being a great coach for this squad. Maybe that had some bearing if all of the players feel this way, as well as results being very positive. Who knows.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
daniel maldini will stay also :heart:
hope we will try champion football with 4312 next season.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Congo ane Diavolo doing a MR after we got taken over by fraudli

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

I don't like to let anything screw my mood after padre stefano's team dismantled the most inform team in the league.

Isn't that also Atalanta who are just as in-form? If we take any points next week with a half strength squad it'll be glorious.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think our results are just pure luck. We play nice football not by accident. Apparently Pioli has some ideas like how to press, and we finally have good players almost on every position and even some world-class.
Can't feel disappointed even though I was ready for Rangnick

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=6095

HivWOD4.gif

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Pingu, you stepped on reverse Real Quick lol.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic to Sky Italia: “I'm still angry. We won a difficult game. Staying here for next season? There are three games left. I don't expect anything, there are things you can't control. Rangnick is not coming? There are new things every day ”

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
To bring in rangnick we needed to spend over 80m in overheads.

Let that sink in.

I mean is this really worth it for players to wear skirts in training?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced.

Let's look at an optimistic take:

Boban got fired for saying Rangnick was signed. Could have meant a pre-contract agreement, but his wording was very specific about him being the next coach and director.

The statement from Rangnick's representative was very weirdly worded:

It implies that the only thing that's blocking the move is that it's not the right time because of how well the team is doing. Let's think about why this is.

Pioli is at his absolute peak in terms of reputation and sporting success with Milan. He's doing incredibly well right now and rightly deserves to be the manager for next season. Ralf taking over in August at the end of the season would be both very unfair to Pioli and also to Ralf. He would be basically handed a poisoned chalice. If he wins and continues the success of Pioli, then people will say it's Pioli's team. If he fails then people will say it was a mistake to drop Pioli. It's just a shitty situation. Nobody predicted how well we'd be doing after the lockdown.

Now lets look at the money. Pioli has a contract until summer 2021. There's talk now that it will be extended, and if it is extended then everything i'm saying here will be wrong. If Pioli is fired in August then Milan will still have to pay his salary for the year or negotiate a termination. So they're paying him no matter what. Rangnick has a contract with RB until summer 2021 also, and he needs to buy himself out of it to get out early.

The success of the team right now makes it less urgent for Ralf to take over. Keep Pioli in charge for next year. If he keeps winning, great. If not, then Ralf takes over and it would be a much better time to do that. Same for Maldini also, they would have paid his salary anyway, so why not just let him continue his work since he's doing great anyway.

This could just be wishful thinking of someone still in denial, but it seems reasonable to me. We're not in a hurry to make this transition and doing it in August with Pioli doing so incredibly well right now would be a disaster.

It's 8 games! :lol:

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
im not saying what would be the right or wrong move...BUT IF U FUCKING CREATE A FUCKING PLAN AND SCRAP IT BECAUSE OF PRESSURE FROM FANS AND A SMALL POST COVID 19 FORM YOUR A FUCKING CUCK BITCH.

absolute fucking disaster from gazidis

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Compare this to the mentality we had under Marco Giampaolo :lol:

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
You guys are truly ignorant and naive if you don't understand the logic in the decision.

Rangnick is not the messiah.
Pioli has great momentum, lets build on that. See where it goes. If it goes south, so be it. This is the best football we have played in years. We will keep improving the squad. Celebrate our form and enjoy it. Do you lot actually watch the games?

We would've had to be patient with Rangnick. Lets be patient for a year. Pioli can get us top 4. No doubt. Rangnick will be in a better place to step in next summer.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
soooooo Maldini & Zlatan staying as well?

Gazidis out?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
ohhhhh no no no no no no

resize

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Let that sink in.

Why 80?

8 release + 3 times 10mil salary (before tax) for 3 years = 38.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

Let that sink in.

The season ends in August and starts again in September, so we'd only have less than a month of preparation to accommodate the new signings and adapt to Rangnick's style of play.

It's just not ideal and we'd be setting ourself up for another season outside top 4 with a catastrophic start to the season.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can somebody check on kojak and patosheva please

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazidis: ?I am delighted with this agreement. Stefano has shown he can deliver the vision of football we have for our club - exciting, progressive and passionate. This is not a decision based on recent victories, but one based on how Stefano has built team spirit and unity of purpose, the way he has improved the performances of the individual players and the collective team. The way he [Pioli] has embraced our vision and the way he has represented himself and the club's values."

Pioli: ?I am happy and proud of the trust I have received from AC Milan. I want to thank everyone, including our fans, who we are really missing at the stadium, but are always close and supportive. As I have said many times, our future is today: we must be focused and determined, be united and play as one. We are at the begining of an extraordinary path. If we keep working this way, we will grow and be more and more competitive.?

c00581c22bb864846cc5ddd896139af91f1c8d2b8032f863da8963bc9f1c2fa8.jpg

Last edited:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok Pioli is doing well as coach. But can the club at least get a top proven SD? Maybe Luis Campos or Rui Costa or Marc Overmars?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
All we can do is hope Pioli is given the support he needs to build a top 4 side.

I?m disappointed but not surprised.

Also, what an idiot Boban is lol

I dont understand this - Boban wasnt wrong - everything points to him being spot on.

You may have chosen to handle things differently than he did but it seems his assertions were correct

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pingu, you stepped on reverse Real Quick lol.

I don't care whose in charge as long as we actually get CL finally. Pioli is a risk based on history of his second seasons, proven multiple times. Rangnick is also an unknown based on a new league although we know what he'd offer SD-wise at least.

If we're going with Pioli then I'll go with the flow and support him.

Sandokan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic Weah Baresi Kaka Pippo
To be honest i trust maldini and boban more than him, they got us 2 wc beaters with cheap prices as in theo and benacer, plus i dont really like our targets other than sobs im not that convinced of the targets.

Anyway i hope that emerson royal BS is ofr.

People shit on Maldini but he got us those two, sold Piatek, got us Rebic for Silva. Sold frigging Suso for 24 mill. Sold Cutrone for 20 mill. How can anyone say anything else then that he has been great for us. Who the hell what would get so much money for those trash players.

Bunch of 16 years olds here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule