Fernando Torres Thread

Torres will score

• Total voters

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
OK he is good yes.. but remember we have to improve midfield AND defense with some quality players. Remember money doesn't grow on trees.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Mystik said:
OK he is good yes.. but remember we have to improve midfield AND defense with some quality players. Remember money doesn't grow on trees.

yeah you're right..we've got money from the sheva deal...and striker is way important than midfield..we have kaka.. :D :tongue:
get torres and use the sheva money before spain does something crazy like ask for more....

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
crazymilangirl said:
get torres and use the sheva money before spain does something crazy like ask for more....

Yep..His price tag is pumped by Spanish media.
He is not that expensive as it looks like !!!

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Demerio said:
Yep..His price tag is pumped by Spanish media.
He is not that expensive as it looks like !!!

i think since he is young and very talented his pricetag isn't high..

the price is fair untill it reaches 50 million.. :D :D :D

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Sandro Nesta said:
Why do you prefer him over Torres?? coz he scores more???? I think you're messed up when you think that coz Villa only scores on penalty and sometimes a free kick maybe one or two goals that he was runnin after bal but can't be much more:) Torres is a dozen times better
Villa scored 24 goals...Torres 13.....btw Villa is kicking penalties because Torres failed.....so dont mess with Villa

burimi

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ronaldo,kaka,van basten,...
i just hope that this is truie about torres because he is very good player!yeah he would be the greatest sign for this year,and forget abot sheva,becuase our new frovard does'nt have to play like he,and belive me torres is better than sheva!
forza milan and make this dream come true!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Demerio said:
Sorry Kyara but i didnt thought that ur are one of those here!!!

Everyone who think that theare is no striker in the world who can replace Sheva out of Seria A is LIMITED hmmhmmm !!!

Its the STUPIDEST THING IN THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!
ONLY SERIA A..blblblalababaa no one else is tho capable !!funny
menon_inc said:
Why izzit a joke? Torres is an awesome Talent...good headers, ball control and shots. Erm he is overpriced but i dont think overhyped. The problem with him like i mentioned before is he has been to loyal to athletico...he needs a change of environment....playing with a bigger club..new coaching staff...new challange and most importantly champions league football. Erm i stongly believe he will improve as a player if he gets all this....

Erm Gila is finding it hard to adapt so what makes you think its gonna be easy for Souzo? Torres is younger and i dont think...at least at the moment...(besides Toni) there is a better striker out there... available in the market .

ps: Sheva, MVB, Weah did not have Serie A experience when they moved to Milan! :D
I never said we shouldn’t get ANYBODY outside Serie A. But to take the risk of getting someone to play in the Italian league for the first time, we gotta do better than just Torres. You say that Van Basten and Sheva never played in Serie A before we get them. True, but is Torres even comparable with those two? I won’t pretend to know what Van Basten did with Ajax before his move to Milan ‘cause neither you nor I were born back then. However, we both know Sheva’s history with Dynamo.

It’s easy to say Torres is great with both feet, headers, blabla, etc. But let’s look at some stats, shall we?

Torres:

Spanish league
03-04
Games started: 35 – Goals scored: 19
04-05
Games started: 37 – Goals scored: 16
05-06
Games started: 36 – Goals scored: 13

Does it keep going down or am I blind? ;) Maybe next year he’ll score 10 goals in 36 games, LOL.

World Cup Qualifiers
04-05
Games started: 10 – Goals scored: 7

Sheva:

Ukrainian league
97-98
Games started: 23 – Goals scored: 19
98-99
Games started: 26 – Goals scored: 18

Champions League
97-98
Games started: 10 – Goals scored: 6
98-99
Games started: 14 – Goals scored: 10

Sheva had scored MORE goals in FEWER games in their domestic league than Torres. But even if you don’t accept that as a level of comparison, Sheva’s success wasn’t limited to their domestic league but he made his most successful appearances in CL which made all the difference. Do you think Milan would’ve bought Sheva if he’d only impressed domestically? Sheva was able to score 10 goals in 14 games against the likes of Bayern, Barchelona, Arsenal and Real. Whereas 4 of Torres’ 7 goals with Spain were against San Marino (WHO? :D ).

Now you know why he’s over hyped and now you know why it’s a joke to think he’d replace Sheva.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Kyara said:
Games started: 26 – Goals scored: 118
You can't really top that ROFL

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Kyara said:
Now you know why he’s over hyped and now you know why it’s a joke to think he’d replace Sheva.

FACT : No one can replace Sheva. Sheva is one in 100yrs.

All am sayin is that right Torres is the nearest to Sheva abilities.
Buying everyone is just a low rating for Milan and Berlusconi cos he is one
of the richest persons in the world !!

ANOTHER FACT: He must have a classy and talented striker upfront.

Who knows maybe Sheva will be overtaken by Torres???
did u get my point ???

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Kyara said:
I never said we shouldn’t get ANYBODY outside Serie A. But to take the risk of getting someone to play in the Italian league for the first time, we gotta do better than just Torres. You say that Van Basten and Sheva never played in Serie A before we get them. True, but is Torres even comparable with those two? I won’t pretend to know what Van Basten did with Ajax before his move to Milan ‘cause neither you nor I were born back then. However, we both know Sheva’s history with Dynamo.

It’s easy to say Torres is great with both feet, headers, blabla, etc. But let’s look at some stats, shall we?

Torres:

Spanish league
03-04
Games started: 35 – Goals scored: 19
04-05
Games started: 37 – Goals scored: 16
05-06
Games started: 36 – Goals scored: 13

Does it keep going down or am I blind? ;) Maybe next year he’ll score 10 goals in 36 games, LOL.

World Cup Qualifiers
04-05
Games started: 10 – Goals scored: 7

Sheva:

Ukrainian league
97-98
Games started: 23 – Goals scored: 19
98-99
Games started: 26 – Goals scored: 18

Champions League
97-98
Games started: 10 – Goals scored: 6
98-99
Games started: 14 – Goals scored: 10

Sheva had scored MORE goals in FEWER games in their domestic league than Torres. But even if you don’t accept that as a level of comparison, Sheva’s success wasn’t limited to their domestic league but he made his most successful appearances in CL which made all the difference. Do you think Milan would’ve bought Sheva if he’d only impressed domestically? Sheva was able to score 10 goals in 14 games against the likes of Bayern, Barchelona, Arsenal and Real. Whereas 4 of Torres’ 7 goals with Spain were against San Marino (WHO? :D ).

Well like someone mentioned earlier...you cant really top Sheva's record...thats why we didnt want him to leave. Torres is the best option in terms of players available in the market. He is more of a Luca Toni style type player and i believe would improve by playing with a bigger club+playing in major competition. You mentioned in ur post that Milan bought Sheva cuz he impressed not only in the domestic league...but in the champs league....Well Remember...athletico have changed coach many times and have never been in the champions league....its a lack of moivation for him.....Sheva showed his class in the champions league....Well Torres has the chance to show it...in the world cup....and...did a good job in his first match.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
When the biggest hero dies , the new is born , when the hero left his army , the new hero is anounced. There is always better player of the best player. Dont be bounded and narrowminded.
There is a replacemant for every player in every position in the world.
He had his years in Milan , i think enough.
Its time for fresh blood.
Time for new talent , who knows , maybe Torres will adapt more quickly than Gila.

U cant know nothing till u see with ur own eyes.
And for the fact dont guess , and assump.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Demerio said:
When the biggest hero dies , the new is born , when the hero left his army , the new hero is anounced. .

From MVB to Weah to Sheva.......whose next? :D

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well if we do get him... we'll just have to wait till September to really know if it was wasted money or a good investment. It'd be interesting to see Torres + Gila. I like Torres' style.. the way he isn't afraid to take on defenders with his pace. He is pretty expensive though..

Bizarre21

MERAVIGLIOSI CL WINNER!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco van Basten, Kaka, Podolski, VDV, Radzewicz, Essien, Torres, Huntelaar
crazymilangirl said:
ok if you don't want to be president then Bizarre21 gets the post.. ;) ;)

yo bizarre21..ready for the job?

Huh, I'm way too unexperienced in such a function :p never been president... :p

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
We'll be more than happy to have Suazo when we get demoted to Serie B :D I don't think Torres boy will want to come over here until the scandal is over, and I expect an earthquake when the sentences come... you'll see :D

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Billy1969 said:
We'll be more than happy to have Suazo when we get demoted to Serie B :D

Awhatt a f..??? :rocketwh:
Shut ur mouth boooy !!! Have u lost ur mind god dammm :conf:
Shuussh Seria B !! What a pesimist !!

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
Demerio said:
Awhatt a f..??? :rocketwh:
Shut ur mouth boooy !!! Have u lost ur mind god dammm :conf:
Shuussh Seria B !! What a pesimist !!
Actualy I'm looking forward to Serie B, that would clean all the glory hunters from the Milan fan listings :D But Berlusconi is officially Milan President again since today, so don't worry he won't let it happen.

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
I want to remind you that Torres is only 22 yrs old. At that age, Sheva was not the complete player we know of today. He needed time to get to the top. Torres has great talent, and I think he can easily be compared to Sheva's abilities. I saw him play twice in the Spanish la Liga this season and he performed amazingly, one of them at the Nou Camp against Barca where he scored twice. I saw him play yesterdy with Spain. He was impressive yesterday too. This player is good.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hmmmm, Torres's performace agaisnt Ukraine has got me thinking if he is worthy of being Sheva's replacment...Maybe the reason why he has done so bad for atletico is cos of the team and the service he got when he was playing there......But thinking about it, being a striker in Milan doesn't get you the greatest of services....And if Toress was as good as people make him out to be how come he only got 13 goals when Gila got 23 for Parma who are for worse than Atletico....
Verdict:Torres is talented but not quite good enough for Milan would do best in Barca, Arsenal, or Manure because they support their striker(s) greatly and give quality service.

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
But out midfield shall be improved this summer.. to aid our strikers a bit.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mystik said:
But out midfield shall be improved this summer.. to aid our strikers a bit.
I willa agree with the torres signing IF:Janku goes to left mid and seedorf puts his lazy ass on the bench and we sign Sneijder and put as our RM put Gatu to CDM and also put sleeping beauty pirlo on the bench...He's doing crap for Milan and don't expect his performances to rise just cos he's on form it's to do with the team not him.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Gila#11. said:
Verdict:Torres is talented but not quite good enough for Milan would do best in Barca, Arsenal, or Manure because they support their striker(s) greatly and give quality service.

OK ahmm... Lets gave them Torres and we will buy Suazo from Honduras !!!
Fer enough...????

ohh man ...Sometimes it goes 2 kill my self from posts like this :rocketki:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Demerio said:
OK ahmm... Lets gave them Torres and we will buy Suazo from Honduras !!!
Fer enough...????

ohh man ...Sometimes it goes 2 kill my self from posts like this :rocketki:
I would like torres but onyl if we improve our midfield....read post below.

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Gila#11. said:
I willa agree with the torres signing IF:Janku goes to left mid and seedorf puts his lazy ass on the bench and we sign Sneijder and put as our RM put Gatu to CDM and also put sleeping beauty pirlo on the bench...He's doing crap for Milan and don't expect his performances to rise just cos he's on form it's to do with the team not him.
Pirlo can stay really.. he just needs a little assistance so he can carry out his job effectively. Gattuso in his position won't solve the problem. Maybe Gourcuff or another creative midfielder in gattuso's position could do the trick. Seedorf is fine. Sure I don't mind a younger player in his position but he has been able to carry out his job effectively. If Seedorf really has to go.. then Gourcuff for seedorf, and Sneijder/ De Rossi for Gattuso and I'm good.

Schedule