Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Btw, read that Redknapp has omitted Modric from tonights game fueling more speculation about his transfer away from the club and most likely to Chelsea. [not 100 percent sure because its from TalkSport :tongue:]

Chelsea set to sign Valencia winger Juan Mata for £26m
• Spain international also linked to Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool
• Mata captained Spain under-21 to European Championship

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/21/chelsea-valencia-juan-mata

Manchester City threaten to pull plug on Samir Nasri move from Arsenal
• City want £25m midfielder to be eligible for Champions League
• Arsène Wenger ready to cup-tie Nasri against Udinese

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/21/manchester-city-samir-nasri-arsenal

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Skysportsmobile: Spurs confirm Luka Modric will not play against Man Utd tonight as Chelsea prepare a 30m bid http://bit.ly/reGbsB #CFC #THFC #SPURS #MUFC

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Btw, read that Redknapp has omitted Modric from tonights game fueling more speculation about his transfer away from the club and most likely to Chelsea. [not 100 percent sure because its from TalkSport :tongue:]

This was the Harry's quote.

He’s got a little bit of an injury. There’s a possibility he could have played through it. But at the moment his head’s not in the right place.”

Maybe his head is not in the right place means he is not ready to play with Injury?

Maybe :D

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You really believe that :lol:

Chelsea planning a possible decisive bid on the same day that he isnt playing, hmm ;)

I think in two days it will be wrapped up because I remember Redknapp saying that he wants to avoid a late/deadline day deal as he wants to bring in 3 or 4 players.

Adebayor and Lass Diarra are very close, wonder who else he will go for. Read they were linked to Pjanic as well recently.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What will stop Harry playing Modric if Chelsea make a bid on the same day? He can move after the game too isn't it.. Its not he will be cup tied or something like that.

I'm not sure you can say any club is planning to make a bid on this particular day as no club will leak that information before making a bid.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What will stop Harry playing Modric if Chelsea make a bid on the same day? He can move after the game too isn't it.. Its not he will be cup tied or something like that.

I'm not sure you can say any club is planning to make a bid on this particular day as no club will leak that information before making a bid.

The piece you quoted, which are Harry's words clearly state that ”But at the moment his head’s not in the right place.” Why do you think his head isnt in the right place? I agree he can move after the game but if he isnt mentally ready then whats the point?

Also, its kind of expected and all over twitter that Chelsea are planning a bid, i agree i might have got the date wrong but the matter still remains that they will attempt a bid.

The Blues have already seen two bids for Modric rejected this summer and are expected to make another offer in an attempt to add the Croatian to the imminent signing of Juan Mata.

Last edited:

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The piece you quoted, which are Harry's words clearly state that ”But at the moment his head’s not in the right place.” Why do you think his head isnt in the right place? I agree he can move after the game but if he isnt mentally ready then whats the point?

Also, its kind of expected and all over twitter that Chelsea are planning a bid, i agree i might have got the date wrong but the matter still remains that they will attempt a bid.

Yeah but isn't it a lame reason to drop Modric and say "His head is not in right place". Is he so mentally fragile that he can't play a game for Spurs as he wants to move to Chelsea.?

I was just saying there is another possibility..

I would agree with you though, i was just thinking there maybe other reason too..

And re bid, its not hidden secret isn't it. Whole world knows Chelsea will make a improved bid.. Going by Benayoun twitter updates, maybe he will leave. As he said "He will make some announcement regarding his future by wednesday".

Probably cash plus Benayoun for Modric..

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah but isn't it a lame reason to drop Modric and say "His head is not in right place". Is he so mentally fragile that he can't play a game for Spurs as he wants to move to Chelsea.?

I was just saying there is another possibility..

I would agree with you though, i was just thinking there maybe other reason too..

And re bid, its not hidden secret isn't it. Whole world knows Chelsea will make a improved bid.. Going by Benayoun twitter updates, maybe he will leave. As he said "He will make some announcement regarding his future by wednesday".

Probably cash plus Benayoun for Modric..

I agree that it is lame and that's why I said that it's probably to do with his transfer wish. Could be totally wrong though :tongue:

The Sun reported something about him [Luka] going on strike to force his move :lol: This could be that other possibility...Could be that hes really injured [highly doubt this one]

I think somewhere between ''Head's not right'' and ''going on strike''.

Yeah, read that Benayoun bit, but do they really need him? Heard Krancjar was pretty good midweek @ Hearts. They've got Pienaar as well.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Spurs need to invest in 3 positions IMO. ST, CB and an LB.

Lennon-Sandro-Kranjcar-Bale is very good.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, read that Benayoun bit, but do they really need him? Heard Krancjar was pretty good midweek @ Hearts. They've got Pienaar as well.

I dont know why Chelsea wants to sell him, he is a good player who worked very well with Torres at Liverpool.

I would have played Kranjcar over Benayoun every day of the week. Quality player. Not sure whether he can play Modric role as VDV will be playing behind striker and Bale will be their LW.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Spurs need to invest in 3 positions IMO. ST, CB and an LB.

Lennon-Sandro-Kranjcar-Bale is very good.

Diarra is all but done isn't it..?

They have Huddlestone who is a good player too.

Sandro, Diarra, Huddlestone, Jenas:lol: if Kranjcar can play then add him too..

They need ST so badly its not even funny that Harry went for Mata only for him to reject Spurs.. :fp:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

They need ST so badly its not even funny that Harry went for Mata only for him to reject Spurs.. :fp:

Well if i was him i wouldn't leave Valencia for Spurs either.Speaking of Spurs,i have a feeling there going to get murdered tonight.Three goals up at least.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

Is he? I wouldn't invest in Diarra when Sandro is around, waste of money IMO.

Kranjcar is quality IMO, he's more than good enough to play, and Huddlestone can take over Modric's role, Huddlestone is a good player, problem is that he's quite injury prone.

Spurs really need a quality ST and CB, Gallas is 34, King has major problems, while Dawson isn't really world class now is he?

It seems like they're going for Adebayor, he is a huge upgrade over Crouch, but they could do better IMO.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Should be a great game tonight. My sky has gone bust so I'll be relying on people giving me streams. I'm gonna try and buy sky on my lap top in the hope that I don't have to enter a 6 month contract.

United's team will be interesting because our defence will be De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Evans and Evra. Hope Redknapp takes the obvious option and plays Crouch to expose De Gea. Don't rate him at all....

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is he? I wouldn't invest in Diarra when Sandro is around, waste of money IMO.

Kranjcar is quality IMO, he's more than good enough to play, and Huddlestone can take over Modric's role, Huddlestone is a good player, problem is that he's quite injury prone.

Spurs really need a quality ST and CB, Gallas is 34, King has major problems, while Dawson isn't really world class now is he?

It seems like they're going for Adebayor, he is a huge upgrade over Crouch, but they could do better IMO.

Maybe Palacios out, Diarra in. He is a good player and will improve their squad imo.

Kranjcar is quality player, I was asking can he play as CM in that Modric role. If he can Spurs have replacement without spending a penny.

Adebayor will be a good signing for them. If he is back to this 2007-09 form then Spurs will have a 20 plus goal scoring striker. I think he will be a very good signing for them.

Sandro Huddlestone is a good combo, Huddlestone problem is his mobility but his passing range is very good.

Lennon Sandro/Diarra Huddlestone Bale

VDV/Kranjcar

Adebayor​

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
------------Adebayor-----------

Bale-----------VDV---------Lennon

----Huddlestone---Lass Diarra-----

Peinar, Krankjar, Jenas, Bentley, Defoe, Pavlechenko and Sandro to be the back ups. Flog Crouch.

At CB, Dawson and Gallas are good. Redknapp has tried to sign Rio Ferdinand twice in the last couple of years so it seems like he wants to improve that though. King needs to go because he's never fit. They could buy better fullbacks though.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
------------Adebayor-----------

Bale-----------VDV---------Lennon

----Huddlestone---Lass Diarra-----

Peinar, Krankjar, Jenas, Bentley, Defoe, Pavlechenko and Sandro to be the back ups. Flog Crouch.

At CB, Dawson and Gallas are good. Redknapp has tried to sign Rio Ferdinand twice in the last couple of years so it seems like he wants to improve that though. King needs to go because he's never fit. They could buy better fullbacks though.

They have Walker as RB now who has done very well for Villa. LB they have Ekotto who is good enough.

They also have Bassong who is not consistent but I would say as a back up he is surely good enough. They need one more quality CB though.

They have good balance too, they will finish above Liverpool :D

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Should be a great game tonight. My sky has gone bust so I'll be relying on people giving me streams. I'm gonna try and buy sky on my lap top in the hope that I don't have to enter a 6 month contract.

Im sure you can buy the rights to watch one game if its important to you, usually from the club website? Otherwise why not just go down to the pub? Thats what im most likely doing tonight.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im sure you can buy the rights to watch one game if its important to you, usually from the club website? Otherwise why not just go down to the pub? Thats what im most likely doing tonight.

1. You can't. Sky have the tv rights and you can't buy one day, you have to sign a contract.

2. I'd go down pub only if I wanted to cause trouble. Me going crazy alongside a bunch of drunken Pompey fans will not go down well.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OptaJoe: 12 - Juan Mata made more assists in La Liga last season than Lampard, Malouda and Kalou managed in total in the Premier League (9). Creator.

BluesChronicle: Oriol Romeu & Romelu Lukaku to be unveiled by Chelsea at a press conference on Tues. Much speculation they may be joined by Juan Mata.

Also, Mata in London ahead of his medical and signing of a five year contract.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
if you have sky mu fan, sky player on your laptop is free....

You just need to link it to your account

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OptaJoe: 12 - Juan Mata made more assists in La Liga last season than Lampard, Malouda and Kalou managed in total in the Premier League (9). Creator.

BluesChronicle: Oriol Romeu & Romelu Lukaku to be unveiled by Chelsea at a press conference on Tues. Much speculation they may be joined by Juan Mata.

Also, Mata in London ahead of his medical and signing of a five year contract.

Chelski doing it big

Elmayonesa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra, Young, Cleverley, Anderson, Nani, Rooney, Welbeck

Lindegaard, Fabio, Park, Giggs, Carrick, Berbatov, Hernandez

STARTING XI - Friedel; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Kranjcar, Livermore, Bale; Van der Vaart; Defoe

SUBS - Gomes, Bassong, Corluka, Huddlestone, Jenas, Townsend, Pavlyuchenko.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Welbeck :star:

@HD

My sky is completely bust. God knows why. All I have now is free view. I had to listen to the West Brom game on the radio in the car because my free view wasn't set up :(

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
yeah, but you don't need the sky box to be working for you to watch sky player on your laptop

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Someone gimme a stream. Mine have all died.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
De Gea needs to join Cleverly @ the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.