MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We're not eating here anymore, move thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
are they gonna go bankrupt now?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Moved to Legends sub forum.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
My plans are to head toward the train station and a restaurant, Giannino, where the back room is an unofficial club for generations of AC Milan players, owners and executives. I haven't been in a few years. Last time I ate there, the walls were covered in photos and jerseys. Former AC Milan owner and the original playboy president, Silvio Berlusconi, had his picture on the wall. It's that kind of joint.

The first time I went there, the rest of the restaurant was quiet and empty and the back room was nuts. The best way to describe the madness is to say it felt like everyone was on mushrooms or something. It was this big communal party that still has me coming back to eat nearly every meal in Milan there, all these years later. I'll chase that night forever. I'm gonna eat there tomorrow, too, so deeply did that one evening hook me. That's what this city can do: get in your blood. The Giannino back room would be the place to go after a Champions League final or after a Scudetto has been clinched. That's the hope of the new owners and all those fans who left San Siro behind on a disappointing Sunday night. There'd be old men in beautiful jackets and young players in track suits, everyone pouring wine and laughing and passing plates of risotto and fried pork chops and osso buco.
https://www.espn.in/football/club/a...644461/ac-milan-fight-to-regain-serie-a-glory

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Wow the backroom..

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
this will be a mandatory stop for me (anyone) visiting Milano

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
What's the new Giannino?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Cool
What did you eat?
I read mixed things about it.