Cristian Zaccardo Thread

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i wonder if he will be included in the champions league squad. if mesbah was then he can just take his place but not sure if the algerian legend was in that squad. ive always liked zaccardo but i hope to god this doesn't mean that abate will leave that would be a foolish mistake.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he will have 0.750 mil wage whic will decrise after 1,5 year to 0.5 mil.great deal for us

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
zaccardinho?

excellent buy BnG.

Proven Serie A player. He will definitely not flop like llorente.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Patosheva jesi ti Galliani? :D

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
hope he turn out to be another yepes case..

lion heart zaccardo :thumbsup:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
hd hd hd... clearly you have not been exposed to such futuristic deals before at your 'normal' club. :rolleyes:

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
@jammin.... perhaps I was naive to expect Galliani to change after some other deals that have happened and even more foolishly his words....

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
So no more messboss??
Thank you very much. :star: :proud:

And thank you for opening the thread mousebluk :beer:

lol his wikipedia page, part of his international career
International career

He was part of the Italian squad who won the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Zaccardo made three appearances in the competition, scoring an own goal off an attempted clearance in the second azzurri match, a 1–1 draw against the United States. He has been overlooked for national team selection in tournament competitions ever since.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Welcome!! Lead Milan to world cup glory!

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
Strasser is also 30+, and he sucks. Managed to get Lecce relegated in half a season.

Strasser is 22 - and he is not 'that' shit. What annoys me is we are giving two players under the age of 30 for fodder over the age of 30??? What's the deal?? Strasser should have some value, why not sell him Separately?

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Zaccardo is not fodder. Other than Mesbah he is a useful player and reliable player. The Parma fans are pissed that he's gone.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
All I remember about him is the own goal at the 2006 World Cup. Hope he erases that memory when he plays for us.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
New favourite, in the current Milan squad. Have always liked Zaccardo.
Not world class, but he is certainly a good defender. Can play rb or cb.

He even looks like a classic Milan player, during the Ancelotti era - El Shar, Boateng, Abate and Robinho please take note!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'm perhaps inordinately pleased about this deal.. Worst case, solid backup. Best case, starting CB.

Back in 06, I used to like Zaccardo as he was a rare defensive fullback - strong in fundamentals and not risking too much. And then came that own goal in front of the world which more or less ruined his career ascent. Oddo took his opportunity very well, and Zaccardo faded away for a few years.

I haven't watched much of Parma recently, but Zaccardo back in 2006 was a better, more rounded defender than Acerbi or Bonera and less error-prone than Mexes. And Parma has been doing well with their 3-man defense.

So basically, this may be a jackpot deal (Best case scenario - Kinda similar to Juve's Barzagli deal). I would certainly try out Zaccardo in the center for a couple of matches. If it clicks, brilliant. If it doesn't, we have a reliable backup fullback (more solid than Abate/Antonini/Mesbah) who can play on either flank.

Welcome, Zaccardo.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
face_palm_super.jpg

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm perhaps inordinately pleased about this deal.. Worst case, solid backup. Best case, starting CB.

Back in 06, I used to like Zaccardo as he was a rare defensive fullback - strong in fundamentals and not risking too much. And then came that own goal in front of the world which more or less ruined his career ascent. Oddo took his opportunity very well, and Zaccardo faded away for a few years.

I haven't watched much of Parma recently, but Zaccardo back in 2006 was a better, more rounded defender than Acerbi or Bonera and less error-prone than Mexes. And Parma has been doing well with their 3-man defense.

So basically, this may be a jackpot deal (Best case scenario - Kinda similar to Juve's Barzagli deal). I would certainly try out Zaccardo in the center for a couple of matches. If it clicks, brilliant. If it doesn't, we have a reliable backup fullback (more solid than Abate/Antonini/Mesbah) who can play on either flank.

Welcome, Zaccardo.

:thumbsup:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
All I remember about him is the own goal at the 2006 World Cup. Hope he erases that memory when he plays for us.

One way or another I am sure this thread will be an interesting place even after he leaves.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Let's hope he does a Pancaro/Oddo/Yepes

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Welcome to Milan, Mr. Own Goal.

P.S. - I Like him, seems always humble on the field. :)

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forza linea verde:proud:

Completely pointless signing especially if abate stays. Obviously milan settled for this after galliani came home from newcastle crying why the snob englishmen didnt give him santon for free.

Schedule