Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Can we just blame Higuain

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Kessie gets a red and Matuidi gets nothing for the exact same tackle on Calabria.
That was just as ridiculous as not going to var for the penalty shout.

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
you're asking for VAR reviews like in tennis. in tennis there isn't a team of refs sitting in a room looking at every situation from multiple angles (i'm no tennis expert, correct me if i'm wrong here) which helps them see the situation better than any player and ref on the pitch. this makes it superfluous to give each team x opportunities for a var review.

Yes, you already wrote that, maybe you missed my reply. I get what your point is, you seem to not get mine though.. When i say, each team should have the right for 1-2 VAR checks i mean the following: if the team demands a var check --> the REFEREE has to check VAR on the screen. He can not just ignore it in this case.

The problem with VAR in my opinion is, that it does not even matter what the VAR team decides based on what they see..

what happens first is that they inform the referee that there was a incident that should be investigated (kessies case for example).

from there 3 things can happen:
The referee decides (on his own)
1. if he wants to go and watch the VAR replay and then give the red card or not (which is what happened.

2. he can also just rely on the VAR team and give a direct red without consulting the video beforehand

3. he ignores that there might have been an incident and does not stop the play. This is precisely what happened at the alleged penalty.

If the referee does not want to listen to the VAR team he does not have to call. The reason for that does not even matter, it could simply be that he thinks he is 99.99% sure it was nothing.

My suggestion is for number 3 ;)

EDIT:
Plus, even the VAR team can be wrong, so to give the players the power to have the referee DOUBLE check at the screen is surely no bad thing..

giphy.gif

Last edited:

remote2book

Sea206
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, kaka, T.silva, seedorf
I am just glad Conti didnt get injured from that tackle, I dont understand tho, that was a clear penalty even without VAR

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
It is outrageous the bias of the refereeing, they must be corrupt.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli for MilanTV: ‘At every single contact we get booked or sent off. If I, as a captain, go to the ref to talk with him and I get booked, it annoys me. We give respect but want it as well. On the Conti episode, the ref told me that VAR was not needed’

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Romagnoli for MilanTV: ‘At every single contact we get booked or sent off. If I, as a captain, go to the ref to talk with him and I get booked, it annoys me. We give respect but want it as well. On the Conti episode, the ref told me that VAR was not needed’

i like this from roman.

also, 49th minute breakaway - Kessie with paqueta and haka wide open to his left and he plays the ball to the right with the outside of his right foot with nobody there

sell to arsenal for 40+ bonuses asap

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Y didn't we have Saudi refs... play in there country so use their officials.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Anybody has footage on penaldo goal?
I think it was offside

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anybody has footage on penaldo goal?
I think it was offside

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

I liked how we played but ref fucked us.

Questionable red on Kessie while Juve players also had even stronger challenges vs. us and got away only with a yellow.

Emre foul on Conti was 100% PK but once again the decision went in their favor.

Ladri gonna ladri

I’ve seen several people suggest they liked how we played...

What did you like about it exactly? We created 0 chances the last 60 minutes of the match besides a turnover by Hakan that deflected into a scoring chance for Cutrone...

Zero movement in Juventus’s third, no one ever makes a run when we are in possession, no one works to get open for whoever has the ball, there’s 0 dynacism to our play, and we just look completely clueless.

Are you happy because Juventus didn’t blow us out in a match they couldn’t possibly give less of a fuck about?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Was it Maldini who wanted Castillejo? Maybe he should leave the scouting / transfer selection to Leonardo and Moncada.
This

Maldini must be held accountable for this loss

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Very different situations. Matuidi was still running and Calabria had just dribbled the ball away. Kessie's was a challenge eons after the ball went elsewhere. One is a yellow and the other is a red.

its not about where the ball is, its the nature of challenge. remember montolivo got send off for exact same challenge? you can't go in like that. maybe its our player's fault that they don't exaggerate. and when they do complain, they get yellow right away.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve seen several people suggest they liked how we played...

What did you like about it exactly? We created 0 chances the last 60 minutes of the match besides a turnover by Hakan that deflected into a scoring chance for Cutrone...

Zero movement in Juventus’s third, no one ever makes a run when we are in possession, no one works to get open for whoever has the ball, there’s 0 dynacism to our play, and we just look completely clueless.

Are you happy because Juventus didn’t blow us out in a match they couldn’t possibly give less of a fuck about?

there is much more to the game.
we were organized and limited juve to taking long shots. donna din't really had much to do at all. their two early shots from left were dangerous though.
we were able to hold the ball well in the midfield and didn't panic at the back. donna's long balls were good too.
cutrone did well forcing juve to making some mistakes in their half which we failed to capitalize. and had that chance too.
kessie had a great chance to put us ahead by making simple 2 meter side pass, we had both paqueta and hakan in the penalty box unmarked.
paqueta was another positive. baka great first half, faded in the second. roma was first to all the crosses and zapata did his job too.
and not to mention that penalty decision.

we had weakness too, and if you expected a flawless game then i don't know what to say to you.
kessie, samu were bad. calabria didn't get chances to move forward. hakan had average game. rr side was exposed a lot overloaded with 3-4 juve players.
gattuso reacted a little late for the subs and probably should have subbed hakan or samu instead of paq and not bring in borini. conti could have been brought on earlier too.
attack has been our problem since after the early season form so i wasn't really surprised in that area. our attackers are too limited.
right now i think our defense and mid are working well but we lack all the tools required for good attack pace, technique, tactic, decision making and finishing. proper support for attack from mid is also non existent.
players are too scared to make mistakes and wouldn't take that final step.

if you think we played bad, you must think juve were bad too. or else you are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
juventus play the worst football on earth considering the players they have

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Always been the case historically. Their philosophy is to play the worst low effort game possible to win.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It’s intentional.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
I am just glad Conti didnt get injured from that tackle, I dont understand tho, that was a clear penalty even without VAR

As Milan fan thats a Penalty, but i think it was not given because he makes no contact with the ball.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Always been the case historically. Their philosophy is to play the worst low effort game possible to win.

that's true, but this is a new level of boring football

conte played champagne football compared to this, it's nothing new tbh juve have been extremely boring for 3-4 seasons now, it just hit me that they actually play worse football than milan when you consider their players and our injuries.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Compared to the last 100 matches we played really well.

What bothers me is we gonna regress next match.

Leo needs to give us more paq quality players.

And sell fodder, there is an abundance to choose from.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
juventus play the worst football on earth considering the players they have

that's all Allegri

but their strength is they can step up when it's needed.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Serie A being corrupt is like water being wet. Sad but plain truth.

This is also one of the main reasons why Italy has been a nobody in football for the last decade. Juve is still in control of everything. Who takes the Serie A seriously these days? It's just a big joke. Everybody can see it, but nobody moves because the bribed system is just too powerful.