Luciano Spalletti

Bunga_M

Primavera
Reaction score
i would not worried that much, with usually a new coach come a new player. Looking at his Roma, he could bring Perotta or maybe somebody like Krasic for that bit injection of pace.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
i would not worried that much, with usually a new coach come a new player. Looking at his Roma, he could bring Perotta or maybe somebody like Krasic for that bit injection of pace.

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL MATE???

did you say perotta?:eek:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yet again, Spalletti seems favourite for the Milan job.

http://football-italia.net/49117/galliani-contact-spalletti

He was my first choice when Ancelotti left, and I think I still favour him significantly if we are changing coaches in the Summer. I'd certainly go with Spalletti than with Inzaghi (can't burn yet another young coach) or Donadoni (Spalletti is a better tactician). Montella perhaps would be an equally good choice.

Spalletti's Roma used to play excellent football with an innovative tactic (in a 4-6-0 formation, as everyone called it back then) and probably overachieved with respect to the quality of their squad. He likes technical players a lot - Pizarro thrived in that team - and one can expect at most 1 DM in his formation.

Michael Cox had rated them #5 in his list of the teams of last decade - http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/03/05/teams-of-the-decade-5-roma-2007/

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes ples.
I agree with Necro, and it's also worth mentioning that Spalletti isn't a yes man - he already rejected us in 2008 when B&B wanted him to replace Carlo.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
his stint in roma proves that he can work in a team with modest squad

that's why g loves him :devilrea: and he's free

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
his stint in roma proves that he can work in a team with modest squad

that's why g loves him :devilrea: and he's free

I don't think he's free, I heard there is some kind of clause that needs to be payed if someone wants to hire him before the end of his zenit contract

Reaction score
Spalletti would be a good choice. He's basically a more experienced version of Montella.

Not only was his Roma side playing beautiful football, but he was doing it on a budget that was the equivalent to the price of a couple coconuts and maybe a bag of rice. And on top of that they were selling his best players every summer and replacing them with garbage like Ahmed Barusso and Julio Baptista.

Galliani will need to bring in a couple of players for him though. He likes to load up the midfield with technical players rather than DMs. So he has no use for guys like Muntari. Montolivo and maybe even Poli would probably do really well under him though.

Last edited:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Yes ples.
I agree with Necro, and it's also worth mentioning that Spalletti isn't a yes man - he already rejected us in 2008 when B&B wanted him to replace Carlo.

Why would join to milan, then? Expect another reject.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he's free, I heard there is some kind of clause that needs to be payed if someone wants to hire him before the end of his zenit contract

the hell, you must pay for someone that's already sacked ??

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

If Berlu wants he'll need to spend.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the hell, you must pay for someone that's already sacked ??

Yes, because I'd he becomes Milans coach now he won't get 4m for this year and 2015 from Zenit or something like that
It's to do with severance pay

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, because I'd he becomes Milans coach now he won't get 4m for this year and 2015 from Zenit or something like that

4.5M per season.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score

oh ok, I thought zenit has already paid all the money of his remaining contract

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i just hope this is all a media hype

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ive been dreaming of spalletti for years. would absolutely love to see criscito here as well. its just a shame that galliani looks all but confirmed to stay for next season.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
usually those clauses' mean this:

if he signs before his contract was 'done' (he's still collecting checks) then zenit would not have to pay him remainder.

So he could demand we buy out the contract and pay him.

Or not if he just wants to let money sit. It's up to spaletti if he's dying to coach and give up free money, or if milan is so desperate they'll give him cash ontop of it

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
is it complete solid that he'll come to milan or just blatant media bullsh*t?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yes ples.

"Yes men" is not a simple black/white concept. We should hire a coach who has his own ideas and can convince our management and players of the value of those ideas. Galliani wouldnt want to hire a 'Yes man'. And a coach who can't get along with the management, like Seedorf, would be pointless either. The right mix lies in the middle, where Carlo was.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
6-2, why not?

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
No thanks. Stay away .

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
i like him but. nope
i rather keep seedorf for a season

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
"Yes men" is not a simple black/white concept. We should hire a coach who has his own ideas and can convince our management and players of the value of those ideas. Galliani wouldnt want to hire a 'Yes man'. And a coach who can't get along with the management, like Seedorf, would be pointless either. The right mix lies in the middle, where Carlo was.

I agree, specially with last statement.

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
whoever gets the gig is in for a battle plain and simple .

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
as much as I don't rate seedorf as a tactician I think we need to recognise the difficult task he had. he was expected the get results with a squad with poor morale and poor technical ability and sometimes that need for results means you stick with what you know and the players you know rather than persist with youth . maybe a start to the season would be a different approach where he could exercise a little more patience .

continuity is a big thing as well cause the idea of having 3 coaches in a year