Italian Football Thread

Who will win the 2011/2012 Serie A title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Reaction score
Guys, this from now on I dedicate this thread to any Italian football match-ups (out of Milan's stuff) either Italian Serie A, Serie B, and other the lower ones and every single headlines+subject all matter that happens on or off the pitch you can come up with and are interested to bring in here.

Feel free to share and discuss anything related to I said above.

Cheers. ;)

Last edited:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Great decision!

The upcoming Juve games are vs Roma (away) and Fiorentina (away) 2 fixtures later with Treviso game squezed in the middle. Do you guys think they will drop points here in one of the game or even both? I hope they will get a draw in at least the Roma games.

Roma has been discovering their lost performance lately with since the draw at the Rome Derby. They won their next 3 matches (most notably vs Inter at the San Siro). They will have all the fuel they need for the Juve game:

1. Playing in front the home crowd
2. Hatred towards Capello and Emerson (and possibly Cassano's move in January)
3. Last season's game where the ref gave Juve 2 controversial calls: Cannavaro's offside goal and the obviously outside the box foul that was taken as penalty

Last edited:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
So when you say any lower leagues, does that mean I can talk about Napoli and Venezia on a frequant basis?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
`i would like to know more about mantova. they seem to rule serie b but i have no information about them. are they young?

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
peaboss said:
`i would like to know more about mantova. they seem to rule serie b but i have no information about them. are they young?
I don't know about the age of the team. But they are cleaning house in the Serie B right now. They are unbeaten in 14 games and are 8 points ahead of 2nd place Torino :eek:

It won't last though, they will fall away mid season and will scrape a promotion play-off place which they will go onto lose to some other random club like Cesena :head:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Lo Tsar said:
It won't last though, they will fall away mid season and will scrape a promotion play-off place which they will go onto lose to some other random club like Cesena :head:
how do you explain that? i already know about their 1-st place in serie b.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
peaboss said:
how do you explain that? i already know about their 1-st place in serie b.
It always seems to happen in Serie B, last season I wanted Verona to get promoted. And for the first few early months it looked like they had a chance. But they fell away and didn't. I also wanted Genoa and Torino to win promotion and we all know what happened there ;)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
do you ever believe in sth that you like? why(n) or in what(Y)?
(i presume that you slightly hope that mantova will be in serie a next season)

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
peaboss said:
do you ever believe in sth that you like? why(n) or in what(Y)?
(i presume that you slightly hope that mantova will be in serie a next season)
You presume wrong, I don't like, or care about Mantova, that is why I think and hope they do not win promotion. This is because I want Verona, Brescia and Torino to win promotion ;)

Rex

Reaction score
Lo Tsar said:
So when you say any lower leagues, does that mean I can talk about Napoli and Venezia on a frequant basis?

Correct. Everything either on or off the pitch. ;)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Okay, I feel like a dope for posting this online article since it's about three years old, but I saw it for the first time last night during a Yahoo search and I can only wonder if this was some kind of joke, since not much of it seems to make any sense. It was from some paper called the "Santa Cruz Sentinel."

December 11, 2002
Gooch plays before thousands in Italy
By JULIE JAG
sentinel staff writer

Ever since he was 6, Anthony Gooch has wanted to be a professional soccer player. After training most of his life toward that goal and establishing himself as one of the most coveted players in the area, he got a big break late last August.

That’s when a scout for the Italian soccer club A.C. Milan spotted him playing at a tournament. Soon after, the scout invited Anthony to practice and play in an exhibition game with an international team at the club’s 85,700-seat San Siro Stadium.

"He said, ‘Would he be able to go at a moment’s notice?’" Anthony’s father, Paul Gooch, recalled the scout saying. "I said, ‘Are you kidding? He sleeps with his boots on.’"

A few weeks later, Anthony boarded a plane bound for Milan. There he met his multi-national teammates and his Italian-speaking coaches. A few days later, he scored a goal to help his international team win in front of thousands of noisy, banner-waving, horn-sounding fans.

"Just to play on the full-sized field and see what it’s like because I might become a professional some day," sighed Anthony. "It’s cool."

Wait a second, you might be thinking. What kind of high-caliber soccer player isn’t used to playing on a full-sized field?

The kind that’s 10 years old.

Anthony was spotted playing for his Class I, under-12 Lionhearts team by an A.C. Milan scout at one of many U.S. Youth Soccer Association tournaments sponsored by the Italian club. Neither he nor his father, who also happens to be his coach, thought Anthony would be selected for the team, especially since the boy was quite a bit younger than most of the other players.

Paul fielded the call from the scout, but kept the news a secret until he was sure Anthony would be allowed to go. When the affirmation came, it kicked off an amazing adventure for the Capitola Elementary School fifth- grader.

Flying overseas was no problem for the boy who had made several trips to his father’s homeland of England. Adjusting to the language barrier, however, proved to throw a few kinks into the trip. Especially after Anthony discovered his coaches only spoke Italian.

"The only word they knew was up," Anthony said. "So when they said ‘Up,’ I knew I was a forward. I adjusted to it."

After his game, Anthony and his teammates were pampered with lunch and a medal ceremony. Then his family stayed for the main event — a match between A.C. Milan and Perugia that drew a full house in the huge stadium. The home team won, 3-0.

But the adventure didn’t end there. Anthony also received special permission to train a few days with the A.C. Milan Academy, where the team’s up-and-coming players sprout.

The trip also included a voyage to the Swiss border to watch an A.C. Milan practice and get autographs, including one from soccer legend Pele’s son Dida, who is a goalkeeper for the Milan team. And before the Gooches left, they were fortunate enough to get tickets for another full-house Premiere League game where they saw A.C. Milan’s rival Inter Milan battle the Ajax team of Holland in a packed San Siro Stadium.

The trip opened Anthony’s eyes to the frenzy that often surrounds soccer in Europe and that his father had attempted to describe to his son many times.

"His eyes were as big as flying saucers, just in awe of what he was seeing," Paul Gooch said. "He’d never seen such a big game before live."

The experience only went toward solidifying the 10-year-old’s determination that some day all those fans would be cheering him on. But if he had his way, his fans would be the followers of the English club Manchester United.

"With all the crowd and then playing on a full-sized field where the professionals play, and we were treated like professionals," Anthony said. "I think it was fun."

Okay, besides the fact that someone honestly believed Dida was related to Pele, I don't quite recall Inter playing Ajax in the 2002-2003 Champions League season. I also did a search of this Anthony Gooch guy on Google and Yahoo and came up empty. Hm.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dida = Pele's son? I don't think so.

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
BMWTaylor said:
Okay, besides the fact that someone honestly believed Dida was related to Pele, I don't quite recall Inter playing Ajax in the 2002-2003 Champions League season. I also did a search of this Anthony Gooch guy on Google and Yahoo and came up empty. Hm.
I didnt get 1 word of it.
When was that ?
Dida 4 sure isnt Pele's son.

Rex

Reaction score
E' la Juve la squadra più cattiva 8/11/2005

Tanti falli, ma poche ammonizioni

Capolista non solo in classifica, ma anche in fatto di falli commessi. Dopo 11 giornate di campionato, la Juventus è la squadra più "cattiva" della serie A con 250 interventi fischiati contro. Ma, di questi, solo 18 hanno fatto scattare un'ammonizione e nessuno è valso un rosso. L'Udinese, seconda squadra più scorretta, ha all'attivo 27 gialli e 2 rossi, mentre il Messina ha pagato con 32 ammoniti i suoi 231 falli.

Che la Juventus facesse dell'aggressività in mezzo al campo e della forza fisica le sue caratteristiche peculiari era cosa nota. La conferma arriva dai numeri: la squadra di Capello, infatti, nelle prime undici giornate di campionato è stata in assoluto la più fallosa: 250 volte gli arbitri italiani hanno dato fiato al loro fischietto per sanzionare falli commessi dai bianconeri. Falli per lo più veniali a quanto pare, se è vero che sono costati solo 18 ammoniti e nessun espulso. Tra i bianconeri il più falloso è Nedved (33 falli), seguito da un "imprevisto" Zlatan Ibrahimovic, che nei 720' giocati ha commesso ben 26 interventi scorretti. Grande polemica ha scatenato il mancato rosso a Camoranesi dopo il brutto fallo di reazione su Lucarelli nella partita contro il Livorno.

La capolista, due espulsi in tutto nella stagione 2004/2005, ha avuto meno fortuna in Europa, dove in quattro partite ha già collezionato due espulsioni (Vieira e Ibrahimovic per doppia ammonizione). Una "tendenza" in via di cambiamento nelle ultime due partite di campionato: contro Milan e Livorno, infatti, i bianconeri hanno collezionato ben 6 gialli, secondi solo a Messina e Cagliari (rispettivamente 8 e 7). E proprio a proposito dei siciliani di Mutti, un altro paragone si impone: i 231 falli commessi (19 meno della Juventus) sono costati ai peloritani ben 32 cartellini gialli. A 31 è fermo il Siena, una delle squadre più corrette con soli 197 falli commessi. Il premio fair play va al Milan: la formazione di Ancelotti, con 177 falli sanzionati, è la più "buona" della serie A. (tgcom)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I found this news, a little bit late get past over headlines time but I think it's interested to bring in here.

At least I know a little bit of the headlines' subject tells Juve the worst team though. And I need other fellow will catchup and figure to translate this things out. ;)

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Any1 know much about Teramo? they're in serie c1 last i checked they were fourth.
As for serie b i really hope brescia and torino come back

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wild said:
I didnt get 1 word of it.
When was that ?
Dida 4 sure isnt Pele's son.
Believe it or not, that's not the first time I've heard that...some fans on the juventuz.com forums actually believed such a myth as well for awhile.

The article was from December '02. Not only was it poorly written, I think what did it for me was the mention of Inter playing a CL match against Ajax. :head: And why would Milan sign an English player for the Primavera?

The whole thing was probably made up. Not only that, I have way too much time on my hands to spend overanalyzing an old article. :)

Last edited:

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
What about Napoli, they will ever get promoted in Serie B ? :head:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaGasTeR said:
What about Napoli, they will ever get promoted in Serie B ? :head:
They just missed out on promotion last season, I think they lost a play-off to Ternana or something. Their doing well this season too, Emanuele Calaio' is on fire right now. And they still get 75,000 sell out crowds in Serie C1B :eek:

I think they will win promotion to Serie B this season, and from their I hope it is only a few years before they return to Serie A

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Napoliwatch

Napoli thrashed second placed Sangiovannese 4-1 at the San Paolo to extend their lead at the top of Serie C1 Girone B to six points! “It’s a bit of a sprint out in front, although we should wait until we face Perugia and Frosinone before getting ahead of ourselves,” warned Coach Edy Reja. The new partnership of Roberto Sosa and Emanuele Calaio is working wonders, as the Argentine bagged a brace of headers in this fantastic performance and his teammate converted a penalty. Fontana’s free kick was also on target and ex-Fiorentina star Ciccio Baiano netted a consolation goal for former leaders Sangiovannese. Perugia move into second despite being held 1-1 on home turf by Pistoiese, while Salernitana fell 4-2 at Giulianova. In Girone B, Genoa snatched a 2-1 victory away to San Marino with Ciccio Grabbi scoring the winner, ensuring they lead the table one point ahead of La Spezia.

Last edited:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Roma - Juventus

If roma wins and we win we will be first what do you think ?

I think that Roma Will Win :D

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
We will see if they can do us a favour..

Totti .. most shut up Capello by scoring.. if he doesnt.. than he most shup up.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
milanist said:
What if we draw or lose and Juventus wins? :rolleyes:

That aint gonna happen ;) ..Juve will lose,we win,that is how is gonna be :tongue:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Roma 1:0 Juventus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DugiNesta said:
If roma wins and we win we will be first what do you think ?

I think that Roma Will Win :D

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Its all about Totti.
The difference between Juve & Roma is Totti.
If he perform Roma will win.

Really strange how situations always favore Juve. :head:
Laquinta didn’t play when they played Udi.
And now it Cassano .
Its sad that he wont probably play.
Totti + Cassano = Juve in deep shit.

Reaction score
I have to disagree, yes Totti is a class act on the pitch but games aren't won and lost by one player. Roma need to play beyond themselves if they are to beat Juve. Cappello is a great organiser and if Roma win it will be purely by heart rather than the exploits of one player.

I will always believe that you don't win because your special, or because it was a lucky day, you win by beating your opposite number in every aspect of the game, every tackle, pass and run has to be better than his.

If Roma can match Juve in that respect the game will be theirs. However, all Milan have to concentrate on is winning their games, not what Juve/Roma do.

Forza Milan.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
chivu is also missing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule