The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 30-09-2019, 10:20   #1
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default Week 7: Genoa - Milan 05/10/19 20:45 CET

The road to redemption starts at Genoa.

Both managers under pressure, a defeat could lead to a firing (if Andreazzoli isn't fired before the match that is).

If we win, it will be a great chance to turn things around, with the international break to follow after this match.

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 30-09-2019 at 10:23.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 10:45   #2
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: KakŠ, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

I don't see how the international break really helps us. All our above-mediocre players will be gone and Giampaolos impression of the remaining will be inflated and hamper the first XI in the following games.

I hope we win. As always!
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 11:02   #3
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

As Giampaolo and Maldini said, if the guys are playing as per plan in training, I don't think the issue is something that can be solved in training. It would then be primarily about how these youngsters are handling the pressure and the negativity around them. A break of two weeks and the international fixtures' distraction will help.

I would be really keen to see this:

-------------Leao--------------

----Bona------------Paqueta---

--Hakan---Bennacer---Krunic--

It's quite risky, very offensive, but we need gambles like that.

Signature
Old 30-09-2019, 11:09   #4
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
As Giampaolo and Maldini said, if the guys are playing as per plan in training, I don't think the issue is something that can be solved in training. It would then be primarily about how these youngsters are handling the pressure and the negativity around them. A break of two weeks and the international fixtures' distraction will help.

this is a good lineup...but fucking hakan should be left out. his previous game was beyond garbage. there needs to be consequences.

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 11:11   #5
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidarth View Post
this is a good lineup...but fucking hakan should be left out. his previous game was beyond garbage. there needs to be consequences.
He was totally bad yesterday, but he was still one of the few decent guarantees from game 1 to game 5.

Signature
Old 30-09-2019, 11:27   #6
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
The road to redemption starts at Genoa.

Both managers under pressure, a defeat could lead to a firing (if Andreazzoli isn't fired before the match that is).

If we win, it will be a great chance to turn things around, with the international break to follow after this match.
Yeah, we are going to turn things around with this turd coach + management, sure we will, like we did in the last match as well right?

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 11:52   #7
joyrider
Il Moderati

Andreazolli vs Giampaolo
Both coaches job depend on this match.
This will be a interesting.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 11:53   #8
fray
Casciavit

My team for the game:

Donnarumma

Calabria
Duarte
Romagnoli
Rodriguez

Kessie
Biglia
Paqueta

Suso
Leao
Bonaventura
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 11:53   #9
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
Andreazolli vs Giampaolo
Both coaches job depend on this match.
This will be a interesting.
And Gattuso is in the background, waiting for the outcome for both clubs ...
Old 30-09-2019, 11:58   #10
Noyon9s
Super Pippo <3

Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo

I think Samu should start this game, he may not be as talented as Suso, but having two direct wingers on either side (Leao) on the other might be what we need to open up stubborn sides.

I wouldn’t be against Leao upfront and Rebic on the left wing either..

Signature
Noyon9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 12:00   #11
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
I would want him to join us, even if we win.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 12:12   #12
fray
Casciavit

Genoa's last 5 matches:
LLLDL - 12 goals conceded

Losing against them would surely be the final straw for GP.
Old 30-09-2019, 12:31   #13
MKD_z0ki
Chosen One

Another loss

Signature
MKD_z0ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 13:25   #14
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

C'mon. You watched Bona 2014-2017. He didn't have the athleticism to play up top. The team would attempt a quick transition into attack, but it would fail because Bona was still stuck in the midfield. That was the most lethargic Milan front 3 I can remember. That's why a self-destructive Niang won that spot ahead of him and also why Bona did much better when he got moved down to the midfield, where he could arrive late in the box at his own pace. Sort of like Seedorf when he declined physically somewhere after 2007.
30, coming back from knee surgery, partnered up with Paqueta, uggh, I don't even want to imagine how that would look.

I don't mind seeing Leao in an unconventional CF role though. He's beginning to show how he could score almost as many non-PK goals(8) as his teammate Nicolas Pepe(13) in less than 2/5 of the time. Looks like we got the real gem from Lille.

But I think I prefer a 4-4-2(4-4-1-1). It would mitigate or hide the flaws of so many of our players. Bennacer's difficulties with a single pivot role. Paq's and Hakan's difficulties with a deep centre-mid role. Leao's difficulties with the defensive responsibilities of a winger and restricted world of centre-forwards.
Etc etc.

Leao/Rebic - Piatek
Hakan/Bona - Bennacer/Biglia- Kessie/Krunic - Paqueta/Samu
Theo - Roma - Musa - Calabria

Theo behind him & Leao/Rebic in front of him would make up for Bona's lack of pace on the flank.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 13:34   #15
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyon9s View Post
I think Samu should start this game, he may not be as talented as Suso, but having two direct wingers on either side (Leao) on the other might be what we need to open up stubborn sides.

I wouldnít be against Leao upfront and Rebic on the left wing either..

An alternative for me would be a 4-2-2-2 with a partner for Bennacer and Leao as one of the strikers. Samu and Paq as the AMs.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 13:39   #16
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
I would want him to join us, even if we win.
I don't think the Gattuso rumours have any credence, because he was the one who chose to leave Milan. None of the conditions that he wanted to get away from has changed at the club.

But who knows, you can never say no to a quick return in football (Zidane recently) even if the separation looked final. So one never knows.

Signature
Old 30-09-2019, 14:20   #17
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: KakŠ, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

I almost respect the choice of not sacking Giampaolo. It takes some nuts.

I don't know what's left to build on after that game yesterday. The team looked defeated for 35 minutes after Musacchio's red card. One of the more pathetic Milan performances in recent history.
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 14:37   #18
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
C'mon. You watched Bona 2014-2017. He didn't have the athleticism to play up top. The team would attempt a quick transition into attack, but it would fail because Bona was still stuck in the midfield. That was the most lethargic Milan front 3 I can remember. That's why a self-destructive Niang won that spot ahead of him and also why Bona did much better when he got moved down to the midfield, where he could arrive late in the box at his own pace. Sort of like Seedorf when he declined physically somewhere after 2007.
30, coming back from knee surgery, partnered up with Paqueta, uggh, I don't even want to imagine how that would look.

I don't mind seeing Leao in an unconventional CF role though. He's beginning to show how he could score almost as many non-PK goals(8) as his teammate Nicolas Pepe(13) in less than 2/5 of the time. Looks like we got the real gem from Lille.

But I think I prefer a 4-4-2(4-4-1-1). It would mitigate or hide the flaws of so many of our players. Bennacer's difficulties with a single pivot role. Paq's and Hakan's difficulties with a deep centre-mid role. Leao's difficulties with the defensive responsibilities of a winger and restricted world of centre-forwards.
Etc etc.

Leao/Rebic - Piatek
Hakan/Bona - Bennacer/Biglia- Kessie/Krunic - Paqueta/Samu
Theo - Roma - Musa - Calabria

Theo behind him & Leao/Rebic in front of him would make up for Bona's lack of pace on the flank.
I want Leao in CF positions. He did all those things that Piatek failed to do game after game (except vs Torino).. working from deeper positions with his front to the goal, not back to the goal, utilizing players, running at the goal.. and actually scoring. He actually fits what Giampaolo wants his forward to do. So no question in my mind that he must start.

I take your point about Bona but I'm choosing to be optimistic about him. Players like him, who can do many things at an above average level, can often be the final jigsaw in XIs.

Bennacer is a real worry though. He looked completely at sea yesterday, and didn't particularly impress against Torino either. As you say, he needs some support from somewhere. Maybe he must learn to play deeper, closer to the CBs - rather than giving him a partner for a midfield pivot. Which kind of fits in with Giampaolo's post-match comments as well, in which he implied he'd try to shore up the defence first. So we are in that same Gattuso in December 2018 mode now when the manager is trying to make the team more compact. We might choose to play a deeper line which will give these guys time to learn each other's game.

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 30-09-2019 at 14:43.
Old 30-09-2019, 14:59   #19
Raghav
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

We need some grinta back in our team .

May the Lord shine upon us.

Lord - Biglia - Bennacer - Rebic

—————-Paqueta———————

——————Leao————————
Raghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 15:01   #20
milanator
AC Milan Legend

We could also think about playing Bennacer instead of Kessie (not necessarily on the right, just as the more defensive CM). The downside would be playing Biglia.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote