Gli Azzurri - La Nazionale, Italy National Football Team

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Not by a big margin. Does he even start for Zenit anymore?

Didnt he have a serious injury a while ago? Anywho if De Scigilo conntinues to progess I dont why he shouldnt be the LB for Italy

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^Thanks. He has been extremely low key after the matchfixing allegations last year.

I'm not sure he has made a step up after the promising early career. De Sciglio is certainly better than any Criscito form I've seen anyway. Balza vs Criscito could be up for discussion if Criscito does well in the months before Brazil.

Fiero

Reaction score
yea Denmark didn't deserve that.

Euro-2004-Denmark-v-Swede-008.jpg

Balza vs Criscito could be up for discussion if Criscito does well in the months before Brazil.

I think Criscito was one of the best players under Prandelli pre-Euro 2012, and I'm pretty sure he had the starting priority in his position. It was extremely unfortunate and perhaps a bit unfair for him to miss out on the Euros.

In terms of pure ability, I would start with De Sciglio on the right and Criscito on the left in Brazil. But of course it will all come down to what sort of season all the candidates have. At the moment that also includes Balzaretti, Abate, and Maggio.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^Criscito was a good option in a period when Italy had poor fullbacks. De Sciglio is really in a different level already. Would rather have Abate on the right than Criscito on the left.

And how is it unfair if he wasn't taken to the Euros for a clear, potentially criminal reason?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
^Criscito was a good option in a period when Italy had poor fullbacks. De Sciglio is really in a different level already. Would rather have Abate on the right than Criscito on the left.

And how is it unfair if he wasn't taken to the Euros for a clear, potentially criminal reason?

3 things...

De Sciglio is a great young player, but he isnt on another level yet

I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish bringing Abate into this. Abate is one of the better RBs in the world, it is hardly saying anything to say you would want him play at his position...

and he should have gone to Eurps since there was no proof of wrongdoing by him, just a thought he might be involved (he wasnt)

Did not a whole bunch of Juve players play an important role in the 2006 WC right after a match fixing scandal had been broke in the media?

Criscito is the best LB option for Italy right now, and is still only 26, so it isnt like he is ancient. He should be on the left for Italy, Abate should be on the right, and De Scilgio should back up both spots.

If they play a 3 man backline, Criscito can play LWB and Maggio can come in and play RWB

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
any news about formation against armenia ?

they have potential to pull draw result, we need to keep on eye Henrik Mkhitaryan, he is very good playmaker when played with Dortmund this season

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish bringing Abate into this. Abate is one of the better RBs in the world, it is hardly saying anything to say you would want him play at his position...

My reply was to Fiero, who wanted Criscito on the left and De Sciglio on the right, with Abate out of the starting XI. Follow the trail before replying, please.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

iirc bonucci was involved and he still got called up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
iirc bonucci was involved and he still got called up.

Why Bonucci and why not Criscito - http://www.football-italia.net/19358/prandelli-bonucci-not-criscito

Also, http://www.football-italia.net/19322/prandelli-explains-criscito-snub

“I’m not taking Criscito because he would have been under the type of pressure that no human can cope with,” the tactician stated on Monday evening. “He’s just not calm enough.

“The other motive is that he could have been called up for questioning at any moment – even just before a game.

“For a few minutes I was unable to talk to him. When the emotion cooled, I just thought of his wife and his son.

“We need to give Mimmo the ability to defend himself, to show that he has done nothing wrong.”

Now that Criscito has been cleared, he'll be considered once he gets a few games under his belt and performs. And with the emergence of De Sciglio, I see Criscito competing with Balzaretti for the 2nd LB spot in Brazil.

Last edited:

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its a fun formation, but maybe a bit too attacking...

I would like to see Poli start, hopefully he gets a sub on later in the game.

eh whatever, attack away

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romazzurri? Similar style in lineup.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yes yes yes go florenzi, marchetti and astori!!

hoping Poli gets some minutes, shame ses is injured, could have started

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Stream/Sopcast?

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
If Italy loses or draws and Netherlands win. Italy loses their pole position for the WC draw (pot 1)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Insigne with a Redondo-heel move :eek: Would have been goal of the round.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Honestly I think I would take Florenzi over Marchisio to Brazil

Kvothe

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Insigne is becoming a beast, probably the most promising young Italian player along with Balotelli.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
What was that from Balotelli? :eek::eek::eek: 360? 540? 720? Somebody get the Rai1 HD coverage and gif that shit.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli tying his laces. Italy need a win to get seeding in Brazil.