Official: Andrea Conti Thread

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Agreed, looking at a team like Liverpool it’s obvious what modern fullbacks can bring. You could even argue Rodriguez is a more technically sound player than Theo, but it’s so obvious what Theo brings with his energy and movement, far more valuable.

I hope we keep Calabria and Conti. I think both are good, not great players. Fullbacks like Calabria are still useful, and will he needed for some games when Conti doesn’t work. Conti has the higher ceiling though, and he deserves to keep getting games. It takes time to become the player he once was

Stop. RicRod can only turn one way and pass with one foot. He struggles to control the ball and has fallen over multiple times gifting the opposition chances. He needs ample space to make a forward pass. He may be able to play a pretty pass in training but as soon as he is crowded he is negated.

Theo uses physical abilities more than technique per se but he is much calmer under pressure and can get out of trouble and has shown the ability to shoot with both feet.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
so glad pioli had the sack to trust conti for several games now. he has been the biggest improver in our entire team over the past few games and has looked fantastic. if he continues at this level I would have no problem seeing an eventual back 4 of:

---Theo-----Roma-----Calda-----Conti---

- plus we'd have solid backups in Duarte, Musacchio, Calabria, and either RR or RR's inevitable replacement

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Happy 26th birthday Conti. Time to step up!

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Genuinely surprised and happy at how he's been playing.
2 things have really worked: a coach who is actually good at helping players improve and for the first time in his Milan career he's been injury free for an extended stretch....maybe he'll even improve further.

Good work Conti.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
EdPgFEGXsAAMCDn

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
Hi, everyone, can anyone is able to say me, when CONTI is expected to get back to the training session?

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not the first time that injuries destroy players career. I hope Conti find continuity and joy playing football again .

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
This one really hurts tbh...
I watched some of his interviews on the Milan youtube channel about a year back.

He's a genuinely nice guy who didn't deserve his rotten luck with injuries. He tried his best to contribute positively in the locker room even when sitting out - its clear his teammates respected him like crazy too.

Good luck Andrea...see you soon. Hope you find success.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Ye

Honestly he should have been given more chances to prove himself.

Honestly dont think Dalot is much better than him and definitely for the amount that he would cost.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Too bad all the injuries occurred, was such a great prospect before. I think we sold too early IMO. Seemed like he was starting to find his way again this year. I don't think it was worth the 7m sell but it's not an awful deal either. Best of luck Andrea, I hope you are able to stay healthy and turn your career back around!

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
With all his injuries, it would have been hard for him to get minutes with our current team. Player coming from injury needs time to adapt and this season the competition for RB is too much for him. We have solid Calabria and fresh and talented Dalot as starter and deputy respectively. Kalalu completes the department as alternative.