Milan need a some changing

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
As far as I know and how it works here is the the keeper is responsible for controling & positioning the defence on set pieces. Not that Dida is going to tell who to mark who, but he should be the one positioning everyone on free kicks and corners. It's his job to watch the tape and know how they do things. It could be different at Milan because of Maldini's experience, but I always look to a keeper to control set piece situations.

That being said sometimes Sheva defends on corners sometimes he doesn't, in the Celtic game he was supposed to but did a horrible job. He was in there to clear anything out and 1) he misjudged it look a step back instead of going forward and 2) Maldini let Varga in without much of a fight, even though he was trying to cover 2 me. In the Lazio game I would definatly put the fault of the goal on Maldini, who as Passion said has been horrible in the air so far this year. Good on the ground, but when the ball get's up he just doesn't and has been loosing him man. IN the case of Couto's goal he was Maldini. Cafu was on someone in the box and Maldini just let him Couto slip through.

Our back has been most of the concern, but I'd also like to get a right winger. We get a little too predictable at time usually attacking on the left through Seedorf and are relying on a ageing Cafu to do too much and Gattuso doesn't have the skill to do leaving the right as our weak point. I'd like to be able to switch it up some games and play a real winger on the right, but until we get one nothings going to change.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Passion for *9* said:
Eh come on.. Sheva can't man-mark all the time AND score goals.. As soon as he moves upfield the marking of Couto becomes the friggin responsibility of the defenders .. Why else are they on the pitch ? Maldini has made a habit of being 5 meters away from any opponent.. he can't jump... he's been pissing me off recently... Sorry for slaughtering a 'legend' here, but it's time for him to concentrate on his movie career or whatever.. Legend + laughingstock are just a couple of blunders apart... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whos the one tring to lie to defend their point of view...its wasnt Maldini's fault as said it was sheva...ur such a bloody hypocrite Passion

ps. You gotta get off the crack

seanseedorf

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Ronaldo
Passion.. u can't blame on Maldini, because he wasn't there.
at least sheva's tried... it's better to have him there, than there's noone, cuz it will look worse.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
cccp said:
I write this thread a day before the match against Lazio, my following opinion will not change whether we are going to win or not:

I always agree with the statement "never change the winning squad".
However, the winning squad always older year after year, that is why we won just one Scudetto from 1996 to 2002. In 1994/95, I could not image that Milan would not reach to CL semifinal every year. Ironically, in 1996 we were out at the first stage and a year later, more surprisingly, Milan could not get UEFA slot (as I remember).
What happen to the team that win C1 in 89, 90, 94, Runner up 93, 95?
The problem is we were not ready to change; no one could fill the hole that Baresi has left. The winning mental is lost ... everyone had won too much and did not have enough motivation.
Back to our situation now:
After winning CL 2003, we have added three players, Cafu, Pancaro and Kaka... They were great in 03/04 and I do not know what happen if we would not have bought them. Therefore, the 2003 team have added more power. Moreover, every 2003 player still hungry to will Scudetto, there were a few players have won it before and if they have done, it was 5 years ago (Maldini, Billy) or with other team (Nesta, cafu).
Then we have done better than 2003 (except Depor game).

This year we got Crespo, Stam, Dhorasoo and Coloccini. Who could guarantee that they are the same important addition like last year trio? Moreover, in our squad many people have won CL, Scudetto, Italian cup, Italian super cup and UEFA supercup. The motivation is less and less, in addition many of our players older and older.

Remember what happened to Juve last year, after 2 Scudetto in row with a strong defense, they transform to poor defense last year.

I hope Galliani will do someting next JAN

What do u want us the change the fact that we win...im confused

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
San Paolo said:
What do u want us the change the fact that we win...im confused

The answer is

Kyara said:
1- They're not "the champions" anymore
2- No one's spot in the starting line-up is guaranteed
3- With no desire, there is no win

FORZA SHEVA!!!

If our players don't change their mine, we need some additions (it looks like they have changed a bit in last two games)