Official: Zvonimir Boban Thread

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
id like to see boban the pundit spend a whole day with il dottore. hed make him cry and turn in his resignation i bet

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
They can be blamed sure but isn't it the manager of the team who should be motivating the squad not the owners?

Here assuming that lack of motivation is one of the factors.

If you want to blast Seedorf then the logical conclusion is: B&G chose him so again- the buck stops with upper management...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They can be blamed sure but isn't it the manager of the team who should be motivating the squad not the owners?

our team doesnt lack motivation... it lacks ability, continuity and it does have poor tactics.

but i dont care about seedorf's tactics being off. I saw that coming. He's inexperienced. But who on earth hires a coach who has never coaches when team is already a mess (mid-table) mid-season.

Atleast if you wanna hire seedorf or someone inexperienced, give them a damn summer.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
lack of motivation is the stupidest argument ever.

That's essentially analysis by those who don't know what they are watching.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Aside from being the typical pundit argument when a team is getting bad results, why would you say the team lacks motivation?

Why would anyone think that's even a reason...oh yeah because its something that no one can really meassure and easy to point out as a coach's problem when you don't really wanna study the fact that perhaps the team is badly constructed...or the set up was wrong, because...that's boring TV.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Boban is a complete cunt off the pitch. He ALMOST sounds like a Ladri fan...

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Zorro is embarrassment for human being. Period.

williamp

FODDERabt_H8r
Reaction score
Aside from being the typical pundit argument when a team is getting bad results, why would you say the team lacks motivation?

Why would anyone think that's even a reason...oh yeah because its something that no one can really meassure and easy to point out as a coach's problem when you don't really wanna study the fact that perhaps the team is badly constructed...or the set up was wrong, because...that's boring TV.

Lacking motivation was one of the excuses when Allegri was around and seeing as the results really haven't improved with Seedorf it's not really a stretch to assume the same.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
lack of motivation is the stupidest argument ever.

That's essentially analysis by those who don't know what they are watching.

Footballers are robots.
Don't have emotions, are always 100% motivated and focussed, they get paid to play, ofc they're motivated!!. They're always strong , never struggling mentally.
The only thing Cassano for example was missing for example to become one of the best, was talent.

Am I now an elite football expert?

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
the 'lack of motivation' that people observe is a symptom but not the root cause issue.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Footballers are robots.
Don't have emotions, are always 100% motivated and focussed, they get paid to play, ofc they're motivated!!. They're always strong , never struggling mentally.
The only thing Cassano for example was missing for example to become one of the best, was talent.

Am I now an elite football expert?

sure it's real, but it's not relevant to bring up 24-7.

every loss or run of bad results is not 'lack of motivation'

squad is flawed, talent is avg, tactics are mediocre, and theres no continuity because of all the lineup switches and continual revolving door of signings.

but sure 'lack of motivation' is why milan lost

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão

squad is flawed, talent is avg, tactics are mediocre, and theres no continuity because of all the lineup switches and continual revolving door of signings.

I'm not saying it's the main or only thing wrong with Milan right now and in the past years.
But Milan as a club has been in a freefall on pretty much all fronts for years now, it's only logical that the group of players that isn't talented enough for the level Milan should aim for, is going to take a confidence knock.

Relate it to a regular job. If you're doing a shit job, you know the job is of too high of a level for you and you're not delivering the goods for consecutive periods you're going to doubt yourself, mentally it's a knock. Unless you're some kind of superhuman.

Seedorf since he came in has commented multiple time that he's working on the mental aspect and trying to let the players regain fun in football. Allegri left a mentally broken squad it seems.

It's a legit problem Milan is dealing with.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Preach

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm not saying it's the main or only thing wrong with Milan right now and in the past years.
But Milan as a club has been in a freefall on pretty much all fronts for years now, it's only logical that the group of players that isn't talented enough for the level Milan should aim for, is going to take a confidence knock.

Relate it to a regular job. If you're doing a shit job, you know the job is of too high of a level for you and you're not delivering the goods for consecutive periods you're going to doubt yourself, mentally it's a knock. Unless you're some kind of superhuman.

Seedorf since he came in has commented multiple time that he's working on the mental aspect and trying to let the players regain fun in football. Allegri left a mentally broken squad it seems.

It's a legit problem Milan is dealing with.

well from what i see, it wasn't a lack of motivation at all.

More an issue w/ execution. The guys try hard, there's a lack of trying correctly. Perhaps overthinking etc.

lack fo motivation, iunno it implies like cassano/dinho laziness.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ballotelli?

not how i see it.

See dinho/cassano got out of shape, partied, didn't care much.

MArio is in phenomenal shape, and keeps himself in such.

IMO Mario overthinks the game too much. Reminds me of zlatan to a degree with that. He's best when he's reacting.

The best players just react, don't think. Mario aint there yet

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Balotelli..... Overthink... :lol: :lol:

For a guy who overthinks it's impressive how he comes to the same conclusion when inside the box - dive.

Last edited:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
the team lacks responsability and command.. a squad with kaka.. balotelli.. montolivo.. mexes and others shouldnt be in this situation.. is a managment problem that will be fixed in a year or two imo.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
motivation :lol: bunch of skip baselesses here

our team outrun fucking mustangs in the first half and in second half we are carcasses lying in front of hungry sharks. this team does work hard its just working hard doesnt solve all the issues, may be a attacking midfielder or second striker who can score will solve half of Dr Phil wannabe talks here

Totally agree. To placate the 'motivation' arguers, I would give them that losing is demotivating... But that's about it. Whatever people are seeing and calling a lack of motivation... Isn't about motivation

I mean, you don't walk in as a professional sports coach and have a game plan of "I'm going to get them to really really try hard". A good 60-80% of tthe time, passion or motivation doesn't beat a better team who knows how to execute a good plan as a unit. 60-80% is usually what the top teams in many sports have a win ratio... No, it's not a coincidence

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
To placate the 'motivation' arguers, I would give them that losing is demotivating... But that's about it.

Motivation is about having clear goals and sufficient means to accomplish those goals and to be motivated you need everyone (starting from management) to move in the same direction. If you have a horrible summer transfer like we did and then say "we're ok the way we are... and we're going to be challenging for the title with a 2 striker formation", the players are not stupid. They know the management is stalling instead of trying to push the team forward ... They know that it would be far too hard and for a lot of stars to align to get there, so they stop trying ... If management doesn't care to buy a good defender and midfielders (and possibly a right winger) for our 4-3-3 but instead wants to experiment with a 2 striker formation, than why should the players care?
If you give a rich renewal to a player like Robinho when he didn't deserve it, but stall to buy half of Constant after he played 30+ games the previous year that also sends the wrong message.

Motivation is the hope that your efforts will be worth something. With the current team, that ain't happening. One of the players said that when Ibrahimovic first set foot in the locker room his words were "Guys, this year we'll win".

the 'lack of motivation' that people observe is a symptom but not the root cause issue.

+1

the team lacks responsability and command.. a squad with kaka.. balotelli.. montolivo.. mexes and others shouldnt be in this situation.. is a managment problem that will be fixed in a year or two imo.

Agree, except the Mexes part... the command left with Ambrosini ... Montolivo and Kaka haven't done a good job filling his shoes.

This squad simply put is really not that good.

+1

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Motivation is about having clear goals and sufficient means to accomplish those goals and to be motivated you need everyone (starting from management) to move in the same direction. If you have a horrible summer transfer like we did and then say "we're ok the way we are... and we're going to be challenging for the title with a 2 striker formation", the players are not stupid. They know the management is stalling instead of trying to push the team forward ... They know that it would be far too hard and for a lot of stars to align to get there, so they stop trying ... If management doesn't care to buy a good defender and midfielders (and possibly a right winger) for our 4-3-3 but instead wants to experiment with a 2 striker formation, than why should the players care?
If you give a rich renewal to a player like Robinho when he didn't deserve it, but stall to buy half of Constant after he played 30+ games the previous year that also sends the wrong message.

Motivation is the hope that your efforts will be worth something. With the current team, that ain't happening. One of the players said that when Ibrahimovic first set foot in the locker room his words were "Guys, this year we'll win".

+1

Agree, except the Mexes part... the command left with Ambrosini ... Montolivo and Kaka haven't done a good job filling his shoes.

+1

i would disagree with your statement, if only because aside from maybe a complacent players (every team has em), most every one on this team is unproven and desperate to prove their worth.

The vets we have w/ some clout are all pretty proud professionals (montolivo, kaka, de jong) w/ exception of say mexes (brain fart machine) and robinho. Even then i don't doubt their motivation, more their concentration.

You can argue they are doing a poor job, some of it's tactical, some of it's mental (overthinking) but i don't see a group of guys who is trotting out their unmotivated.

Most everyone on this squad is highly competitive.

-

The squa not reinforcing correctly? I mean i dont feel that effects most of them. Most of them want to prove they are good enough. In most cases, they probably aren't.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
#DareToShutUp