Josep "Pep" Guardiola

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Yes Pep coached Bacelona - but i doubt he would FULLY implement his style here in Milan. This is the perfect challenge for him - He can scuplt his own ERA and own style that could potentially last a decade or so?

Even with an upgrade in players, I can't see Allegri winning the CL or the Serie A.

We've done the first part - selling off the senatores, now we need to go through more change..

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
Chygrinskiy was 25M from Shakhtar, and then after he flopped was sold back to them for 15M.

Pep bought D. Villa, Alexis Sanchez, Cesc Fabregas, Seydou Keita, Adriano, Dani Alves, Mascherano, Pique.

He got rid of non-hard-working players such as Ronaldinho and Deco.

His bad buys were Chygrinskiy and to some extent Ibrahimovic, considering Barcelona paid €43.5M + Eto'o, a value way out of whack. While Ibra had a really good season with Barcelona, he didn't fit the system, and Pep did not realize this, therefore making it a poor buy. Another buy that did not work was Ibrahim Affelay, but he can't really be counted as I think Barca paid like 3-5M Euros for him.

Pep had many Barcelona youth players such as Puyol, Pedro, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Busquets, and he integrated new youth players very nicely, including Tello, Alcantara, Cuenca.

From what I've read he had a lot of control of his squad choosing, but let's be honest, he had a really good youth system there, and he had a lot of money to spend as well.

Lastly, it should be noted that Barcelona have 25 Players. Not 33 like we do.

based on Ibra autobiography his rockstar attitude will never fit to Pep policy he try to fit in but in the end he just feels it to be stupid and if Pep allows Ibra to do whatever he please won't the other players starting to do same and that's mean no respect anymore for the coach and his policy?

Ibra right about ferrari fiat thing you don't buy player that cost about 60 mil to play him out of position but after Ronaldinho left the team is to be build around Messi so you can't really complain Messi request to play at center if he feel he can score better at center becoz in Pep first season as right winger Messi is the top goalscorer of Barcelona in all competition

IMO
the only true great signings by Pep is Dani Alves and Pique,the other like Villa,Mascherano,Cesc,Sanchez not flop but like Ibra the price they brought them is too high based on their peformance don't forget Hleb or Keirrison and Henrique end up being loaned out without never play for Barca at all

i don't think Pep will employ tiki taka if he really come here the man himself admit it last year after win CL that in other team he will find trouble finding players like Xavi and Iniesta to play tiki taka

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I believe he would be like Mourinho and adapts to the characteristics of the squad. No one except Barcelona can play tiki taka. It would be ridiculous for him to try to emulate that style with this squad.

chickenpox

Banned
Reaction score
I remember all his talks and praises about Bilbao last year, I don't think he would try to play exactly like Barca but he will probably go for something very similar.

Maybe he took one year off to make up his mind about his style in future. It's a big decision, if he goes to some other team and try play tikki takka and it fails, he's gonna look pretty bad.

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
Pep and jose don't adapt their tactics to the strengths of the team, they buy players that have the highest ability to play to their tactics. Which team has jose managed where he didn't spend 50+ mil on new players. Pep has already said that if he was to become Milans new manager, he would need a big investment from the directos - which is the only reason why him coming to Milan would be a good thing IMO.

Last edited:

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
No to Pep and no to Allegri.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
to make it bigger

Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta wouldn't be surprised to see Pep Guardiola take charge of AC Milan.

But he warns Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi that the Spaniard won't tolerate any interference.

"Pep is one that pays no attention to frills. He was at Barça for work and wanted to do it in the utmost tranquility. I know Berlusconi and can assure you that he is a man of great charisma," Laporta.

"Guardiola loves Italy? It's a common passion. I think that when traveling with the team, Pep only read Italian newspapers.

"We'll see him on a bench this year? Ask him. I saw him before he left for New York and he was very peaceful. Pep is a great person always in search of excellence."

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
fiero can you send me that link

thats the problem with learning more about people you hate :mad: you might end up liking them :lol:

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
i begin to read a Barca book (Thanks fiero for the link) nice to know Ibra thing from club view, Pep in many ways doesn't different from other coach like Capello or Fergie, you don't follow my orders then you out no matter who you are, luckily his core of the team is from Barca youh team,respecting him as he also came from the academy and former captain,and can keep the ego from explode

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
Messi has advantage over Ibra as i already read from some articles that over ronaldinho left the team was build around Messi and the book futher confirms it as Pep saw him as decisive player for Barca and their fans love Messi more and commercially better for club image because he is from club academy, and don't forget he is six year younger

i still at page 90:tongue: i will read more tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
it would be the best thing ever if Milan sign this guy, he can totally reshape the club from top to bottom.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
after reading about the match against Real, i think i'm just gonna skip to the Pep section. the author seems way too deep up in Barca's ass for me to take most of it seriously.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Pep no remodeling what a pussy

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
it would be the best thing ever if Milan sign this guy, he can totally reshape the club from top to bottom.

Allegri can do too. I heard about this thing, called time, that will give him the power to do so.

Balthier

Primavera
Reaction score
Allegri can do too. I heard about this thing, called time, that will give him the power to do so.

by time we can be on serie B considering how bad we are now :fp: before we do youth academy things allegri must solve the problem on the first squad

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

We cannot afford to wait for Allegri to learn how to manage a club in crisis mode.He knew the situation before the transfer market even began this summer, yet he failed to make this team anything more the relegation candidates.

And while we do have a supremely shit squad by Milan standards, we can do better.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
his plan would take 7 yrs, while we want results NOW

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi needs to secure fresh investment by Christmas to convince Pep Guardiola about a move to Italy.

Corriere dello Sport says Berlusconi has no intention to sell the club, but is frantically seeking a 'partner' to provide financial support in the region of €200 million.

Former Barcelona coach Guardiola has made it clear he's interested in the Milan job, but not at any price. The Spaniard would need to be assured over Milan's capacity to compete in the transfer market to accept any move to the San Siro.

Intermediaries have made it clear to Berlusconi that Guardiola will make a decision over his future during the Christmas / New Year period.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
pressurizing Berlu into seeking more finance. nice. :thumbsup:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
This is a great man, and an incredible coach. Reading the Barca book has opened my eyes, there's just so many stuff and "secrets" told about his relationship with everyone and the things he does. Mind blowing stuff. I'm getting more and more excited about the prospect of having him as a coach here. It would be a privilege and an honor.

Welcome to enlightenment

fiero can you send me that link

thats the problem with learning more about people you hate :mad: you might end up liking them :lol:

do u want links to pirlo's book? (when he writes one) :tongue:

pressurizing Berlu into seeking more finance. nice. :thumbsup:

already in top 4 milan coaches ever :o

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
do u want links to pirlo's book? (when he writes one) :tongue:

What book?? the shit senatore and spartan and other fans post is unrivaled ... ooooooooh look at his hair oooooooooh look at his chips oooooooh look at his free kicks there dies the last dove in san siro :mad:

About his current form i am not interested in juve

Last edited:

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
given all the success he has had at barcelona, i am curious as to what pep would do with the same team allegri is working with today

it would be a very interesting experiment

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

Plus, he is good at getting rid of players that don't fit his system. Fodder can leave :o.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
People actually believe Pep is gonna come? Mindblowing.

1. Milan doesn't have the money, not for his salary and not for the players he's gonna ask.

2. Plus, he's going to City once they understand how average Mancini is. No doubt about it. Pep could turn them in a super power. Haven't they signed two ex-Barcelona directors or something recently? It's a done deal.

----

If Allegri's gonna get sacked (big IF), it will be Tassotti taking over (probably with Inzaghi or something) and next year Donadoni will come. Or Rijkaard. Or Van Basten. Or someone else from the Milan family :proud:

Guardiola is an unreachable dream for us Milanisti.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
People actually believe Pep is gonna come? Mindblowing.

1. Milan doesn't have the money, not for his salary and not for the players he's gonna ask.

2. Plus, he's going to City once they understand how average Mancini is. No doubt about it. Pep could turn them in a super power. Haven't they signed two ex-Barcelona directors or something recently? It's a done deal.

----

If Allegri's gonna get sacked (big IF), it will be Tassotti taking over (probably with Inzaghi or something) and next year Donadoni will come. Or Rijkaard. Or Van Basten. Or someone else from the Milan family :proud:

Guardiola is an unreachable dream for us Milanisti.

urine idiot

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
The bastard in charge is selling at least 30 shares to the emir of qatar.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
The bastard in charge is selling at least 30 shares to the emir of qatar.

Says who?

Goal.com :lol::fp:

There is not ONE credible evidence of this actually happening. Heck, go read the goddamn article again - they cite absolutely no evidence whatsoever

Schedule