The wrestling thread...........brotha

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
I had stopped , but thought BIGGEST SHOW THE YEAR should watch.
It was a nothing show besides Angle Roode that was very good.
It doesn't matter how idiotic or bad it is to me , you like/love/tolerate it.
For their biggest PPV it was bad.A poor showing , what do want me to do lie ? I pointed out what I liked , and the rest was average it was a 3 hour impact.

if you actually thought this show was gonna be amazing going in then I really don't know what to say.
biggest show of the year it might be but the build and turmoil in the company meant this was anything but.
biggest doesn't mean best. Destination X >>>>>>>>> BFG every year.

had pretty low expectation to be honest and the show was actually better then I thought it would be.
the only disappointment is the X match.

tag match was way better then I thought it would ever be considering the guys in the match.
phil heath with bromans could be a nice addition

womens match was as meh as expected.

sting vs magnus I didn't care about or expect anything.

EC3 vs indy jobber was fun and I marked when the vanilla midget came out.

roode vs angle was a very good match.
roode looked awesome in this and angle was angle, a wrestling machine.

mainevent I really liked, slower pace, methodical, told a story but some very good spots.
AJ put his body on the line for this match, springboard 450 to the outside through an empty table :eek:
them chest slaps from bully, ouch.
nice to see a head chair shot (done correctly too.)

mainevent, tag match and EC3 debut exceeded my expectations.
roode match was great.

only disappointment was the X match which turned into a mess and had a unsatisfactory ending

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
if you actually thought this show was gonna be amazing going in then I really don't know what to say.
biggest show of the year it might be but the build and turmoil in the company meant this was anything but.
biggest doesn't mean best. Destination X >>>>>>>>> BFG every year.

had pretty low expectation to be honest and the show was actually better then I thought it would be.
the only disappointment is the X match.

tag match was way better then I thought it would ever be considering the guys in the match.
phil heath with bromans could be a nice addition

womens match was as meh as expected.

sting vs magnus I didn't care about or expect anything.

EC3 vs indy jobber was fun and I marked when the vanilla midget came out.

roode vs angle was a very good match.
roode looked awesome in this and angle was angle, a wrestling machine.

mainevent I really liked, slower pace, methodical, told a story but some very good spots.
AJ put his body on the line for this match, springboard 450 to the outside through an empty table :eek:
them chest slaps from bully, ouch.
nice to see a head chair shot (done correctly too.)

mainevent, tag match and EC3 debut exceeded my expectations.
roode match was great.

only disappointment was the X match which turned into a mess and had a unsatisfactory ending

I expected nothing tbh.
Which is my problem with TNA, TNA fans will say and blame turmoil new bookers Hogan Prichard leaving , turning AJ ...and will say that the future will be clearer and better.
I disagree (about the future) what soured me on TNA is the angles that end with no finish no payoff just stop without a coclusion , turning guys month to month...4/5/6 months of a build not always a great one but months of angles that just stop.
This time will be no different .
Anyone that has high expectations or mediocre ones for TNA's future well I dont know what to say to them.

The more things change at TNA the more they stay the same.This was always going to be a lack lustre mess , but I dont see anything bright happening either. Not that I think it will tank , It will all stay the same ratings and buy rates wise.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
I expected nothing tbh.
Which is my problem with TNA, TNA fans will say and blame turmoil new bookers Hogan Prichard leaving , turning AJ ...and will say that the future will be clearer and better.
I disagree (about the future) what soured me on TNA is the angles that end with no finish no payoff just stop without a coclusion , turning guys month to month...4/5/6 months of a build not always a great one but months of angles that just stop.
This time will be no different .
Anyone that has high expectations or mediocre ones for TNA's future well I dont know what to say to them.

The more things change at TNA the more they stay the same.This was always going to be a lack lustre mess , but I dont see anything bright happening either. Not that I think it will tank , It will all stay the same ratings and buy rates wise.

there isn't a wrestling company that can't be accused of this stuff.
everyone botches angles and doesn't give a payoff.

I think tna will get better because it can't get worse :lol:

looks like they are gonna reset and go back to the impact zone and maybe switch the ppv model again.
both right decisions.

the things I would do or the things you would do are not the things dixie or vince would do.
they have their own way of working for better or worse.

-------------

rumour is tna is gonna do the punk angle but really ramp it up :proud:
don't think punk actually wrestled for anyone else he just kayfabe threatened to.

apparently the plan is to have AJ actually go through with it and fight for other organisations (wrestle-1 has already announced 2 tna wrestlers for a show in November)

have him fight for "friendly" organisations like wrestle-1, AAA, OVW and maybe even PWG then show the footage on impact.
just don't strip him of the belt :fp:

hopefully they do something like this

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
there isn't a wrestling company that can't be accused of this stuff.
everyone botches angles and doesn't give a payoff.

I think tna will get better because it can't get worse :lol:

looks like they are gonna reset and go back to the impact zone and maybe switch the ppv model again.
both right decisions.

the things I would do or the things you would do are not the things dixie or vince would do.
they have their own way of working for better or worse.

-------------

rumour is tna is gonna do the punk angle but really ramp it up :proud:
don't think punk actually wrestled for anyone else he just kayfabe threatened to.

apparently the plan is to have AJ actually go through with it and fight for other organisations (wrestle-1 has already announced 2 tna wrestlers for a show in November)

have him fight for "friendly" organisations like wrestle-1, AAA, OVW and maybe even PWG then show the footage on impact.
just don't strip him of the belt :fp:

hopefully they do something like this

Yes some angles don't go according to plan.But TNA just flat out stop them...and do it more regulary than any other promotion
Its been 6 years of reboots at least a few a year , this will be no different.
Theyre already doint the power hungry owner that WWE is but even worse , WWE's is bad TNA's :lol:.
They're going do the Punk ange but ramp it up , as in better :lol::fp: AJ cant talk , Wrestle 1 AAA OVW , That's be cool but most people couldn't give a fuck...Couldnt they get him on big NJPW AAA Shows .Showing him at a Ballroom infront of 50 people shouldnt happen , AAA and Wrestle1 if they draw 1-2000 crowds yes.

So another year another reboot :lol::lol:

Last edited:

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
damn is this you?

wonder how all the WWE marks feel about TNA's BIGGEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR!

bet they wish they were proud TNA fans like us.

BOOMSHACKALACKA! #Swagnus #AustinAries #Bobby ROOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RAW was good in parts...Bryan Match was excellent , Ziggler Orton was good ...Harpers clothesline is brutal , BIG E Punk Ryback Axel tag match was nice..That Heyman promo fucking brilliant , contract signing was good for Bryan , But Orton looked like a muppet just stood there said about 2 words...they booking Orton wrong /weak.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rumours of AJ taking the belt on tour , maybe heading to WWE events which would be cool.
ROH DG USA not options apparently neither is NJPW ATM.
If done right this would be awesome.
But but BUT will it be done right.

Haha at TNA asking people dressed in full Hogan rig out to take off the gear and offering Hernandez shirts in exchange.But I hope they do the AJ thing right.That being said it may already be fucked , as Dixie is forcing him yo defend the belt on Impact.Isnt the whole point hes now out of contract and a rebel champ.They better explain it well.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
RAW was good in parts...Bryan Match was excellent , Ziggler Orton was good ...Harpers clothesline is brutal , BIG E Punk Ryback Axel tag match was nice..That Heyman promo fucking brilliant , contract signing was good for Bryan , But Orton looked like a muppet just stood there said about 2 words...they booking Orton wrong /weak.

it was a very good show, some filler as usual but the matches you mentioned were really good.

best raw since summerslam

heyman's promo :proud: :eek: :lol:

orton is just boring "I can see it in your eyes" :fp: :lol:

hhh buried people left and right :lol: :proud:

big E can go, unlike rybotch, I think he can have a nice match with axel but I doubt they'll make him win the belt.

oh, and I'm 100% certain that HBK will turn heel on bryan and orton will win the belt.

Last edited:

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it was a very good show, some filler as usual but the matches you mentioned were really good.

best raw since summerslam

heyman's promo :proud: :eek: :lol:

orton is just boring "I can see it in your eyes" :fp: :lol:

hhh buried people left and right :lol: :proud:

big E can go, unlike rybotch, I think he can have a nice match with axel but I doubt they'll make him win the belt.

oh, and I'm 100% certain that HBK will turn heel on bryan and orton will win the belt.
Big E is a very good face better as a face than heel.But that was NXT.
I see the title match going fine Bryan going for the high knee with YES chants out loud and he runs Bang SWEET CHIN MUZAK...HBK was too much of a face on RAW.
I dont want to see Ryback wrestle I want to see Heyman do a 30 minute Promo instead.

HHH is just a burying machine , talk was Vince was going to bring in his guy to face HHH at mania a compsny saviour ...wanted Austin but Onit.com/Steve doesnt want to do it.So could be Bryan but more likely Cena.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Big E is a very good face better as a face than heel.But that was NXT.
I see the title match going fine Bryan going for the high knee with YES chants out loud and he runs Bang SWEET CHIN MUZAK...HBK was too much of a face on RAW.
I dont want to see Ryback wrestle I want to see Heyman do a 30 minute Promo instead.

I hope punk finishes rybotch quick, his last match vs rybotch was poor.

I'd rather see it mostly punk focusing on heyman rather than punk actually wrestling with this steroid head

HHH is just a burying machine , talk was Vince was going to bring in his guy to face HHH at mania a compsny saviour ...wanted Austin but Onit.com/Steve doesnt want to do it.So could be Bryan but more likely Cena.

if the plan was to have him face HHH then thank god he doesn't want to do it, fuck wasting a match against HHH.

if austin comes back it should be against punk, lesnar or even cena.

HHH x bryan/cena with that story line at mania would be fine as long as it's not the main event.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Austin vs Lesnar won't be good since Austin cannot take heavy beatings and Lesnar will be wasted in a soft match.

As silly as it sounds, Cena would be the best opponent for Austin since at least he is a safe worker.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Austin vs Lesnar won't be good since Austin cannot take heavy beatings and Lesnar will be wasted in a soft match.

As silly as it sounds, Cena would be the best opponent for Austin since at least he is a safe worker.

agreed but I'd still rather have lesnar work safe on austin than see austin x HHH which we saw 100 times.

anyways, there's 0 chance of austin showing up at wm 30, and tbh I don't think we'll ever see him wrestle again if it's not wm 30.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Let the memories be, don't ruin his legacy a la The Rock.

On another note...

I totally loved this PPV, it was a great experience and marked out so many times during that one.

- The Ultimate X wasn't as good as I hoped but it was still entertaining and the victory of Sabin was surprising but a very good surprise, totally didn't expected that one. - The return of Abyss Of course, that was predictable but damn, it was so good to see him back and I hope it isn't gonna turn into shit like his last return

- The Tag Team match made me go crazy, TOTALLY crazy. I'm used to the Bro Mans jobber and that ending was WTF. They kicked out of EVERY moves, one of the best WTF moment in wrestling since R-Truth became the number one contender for the WWE Title in a gauntlet match. I LOVED it, I'm sure that many people are gonna hate it because it came out of nowhere but I love moments like this

- Lei'D Tapa turns out to be the ally of Gail Kim, one more moment that many people will probably hate but that I loved, I can't wait for the future reign of Gail Kim, should be interesting and she totally deserves it. And the match itself was really nice, worst of the night ( I don't count the squash match^^ ) but all the matches were great in my eyes

- MOTN ! Bobby Roode vs Kurt Angle, incredible, amazing, Epic. I didn't liked the ending but after the match they put on, I don't care, was a great match and I can't wait to see the other matches those two are gonna have - Magnus vs Sting was a great match as well, exactly was I expected it to be and even if I was sure Magnus would win, I totally didn't expected a submission victory but that was really good

- AJ STYMES WORLD CHAMP ! Just for that moment, the PPV was worth it. The match itself, well, it was slow but I really liked the story those two told on the ring. AJ in his best role, the hero of TNA and Bully Ray, the best heel in pro wrestling today doing what he does best. They had some great moment in that match with AJ who resist to the chops, counter the hammer, 450 splash through the table, Dixie give a chair to Bully,... I totally loved it and the ending was just perfect to end this aazing PPV

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In the opposing corner

I thought Hardcore Justice 2013 was the worst PPV/Event of 2013.......

But this one takes the cake and its not even close.....

Im glad the Pre Show match was free because it Sucked real bad, the Dead Reaction from fans says it all....

Bromans winning the Tag Belts is one of the worst things to happen and the Tag Title Match itself was terrible.....

It is Rare than an Ultimate X Match was Terrible, but This might have been the worst one Ever, Sabin is a terrible heel to boot!

The Triple Threat Knockouts Championship just might be the worst Match of all time in sports or wrestling history, we get another boring Fail Kim Title Reign, the only good thing was the fans chanting "Boring" "You 3 Suck" and other stars names in this match...

Tapa should not be a flunkie or ally with anyone!

The Roode v Angle match was beyond Terrible, I just hope does not have his final TNA match be a loss

The Sting v Magnus match was a major letdown, yeah Magnus won which was huge, but the match itself was dissapointing....

EC3's Debut match was also dissapointing as was he, Im not sold on him....

And to the only good Thing about this beyond Forgettable Trash of an Event/PPV....

The WHC No DQ Match in which AJ Styles won, however im kinda surprised the loser did not get fired, but glad to see AJ put 2012 behind him!

anyway.....

Tag Team Gauntlet Match = 0/5

Tag Team Championship = 0/5

Knockouts Championship = - Infinity (Yes Negative Infinity)/5

Sting v Magnus = 0/5

Angle v Roode = 0/5

Ultimate X Match = 0/5

EC3/Match = 0/5

Styles v Bully Ray = 3/5

Overall 0.5/10 Worst Wrestling & Sports PPV and Event of the year!

It Might be the worst PPV/Event of all time!

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Downloaded Death before Dishonor and the next 4 weeks ROH TV tapings, looking for that there WWE alternative :) ...hopes its goes wells

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Swagnus :proud:

"You are not in the industry so your opinion is irrelevant"

British Matt Morgan

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Downloaded Death before Dishonor and the next 4 weeks ROH TV tapings, looking for that there WWE alternative :) ...hopes its goes wells

that's like looking for a bilan alternative and watching genoa :lol::proud:

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
Rumours of AJ taking the belt on tour , maybe heading to WWE events which would be cool.
ROH DG USA not options apparently neither is NJPW ATM.
If done right this would be awesome.
But but BUT will it be done right.

Haha at TNA asking people dressed in full Hogan rig out to take off the gear and offering Hernandez shirts in exchange.But I hope they do the AJ thing right.That being said it may already be fucked , as Dixie is forcing him yo defend the belt on Impact.Isnt the whole point hes now out of contract and a rebel champ.They better explain it well.

rematch clause.
aj has to honour it or is in breach of contract for bfg title shot

good choice :thumbsup:

cole is a very promising wrestler and a good choice for champ.
jay briscoe has great promo's, he is super believable.
there feud should be better hen the world title feuds for tna and wwe.

I'm a fan of both these guys.
cole has that HBK sort of feel to him and briscoe's mic skills are on the same level as punk, bully and ambrose.

Last edited:

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
sigpic208592_46.gif

da third :b:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is there any build to the Cena vs Del Rio match? Cena wins the title gives it prestige again at the same time makes the whole thing a giant joke.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
rematch clause.
aj has to honour it or is in breach of contract for bfg title shot

good choice :thumbsup:

cole is a very promising wrestler and a good choice for champ.
jay briscoe has great promo's, he is super believable.
there feud should be better hen the world title feuds for tna and wwe.

I'm a fan of both these guys.
cole has that HBK sort of feel to him and briscoe's mic skills are on the same level as punk, bully and ambrose.
rematch is shit excuse , Bryan Alvarez actually made sense when he said AJ should just no show , continue the story proper.He had his last match last night in TNA and should not be on TV 4 days later.
Even Punk was gone 3/4 weeks and that was too short.
I dont care if its advertised he should not show up.

I'll be honest this ROH is pretty good , Cole Briscoes Ciampa Steen Elgin Lethal Bennett all good and improving on the mic...will be a new watch for me.Also NJPW junior tag titles on the line .

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
definitely

8593625e8d544db0a0625ac8cc5e2313.jpg

2455173_f260.jpg

actually he does , just because he doesnt look like him is not the point.Dolph wrestles like Steve Austin pre 95 as stunning steve..Cole is very much in the mould of HBK.
You know like how Matri and a training are very a like how they play and cant score but look nothing alike.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
dolph wrestles? :lol:

all he does is sell and drop elbows :fp:

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dolph wrestles? :lol:

all he does is sell and drop elbows :fp:

Bingo , selling making people look better than they are.Make a comeback get cut off and beat.Never reaching heights he should , Stunning Steve Austin

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
never seen stunning steve apart from some highlights but I heard/read that he was one hell of a wrestler, ziggler isn't that good.

or at least doesn't have the chance to show how good he is consistently thanks to him being booked to make people look good.