Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
As usual twisting the entire statement and make it into something else

i didnt compare him to pop gtfo

Are you fucking literate?

I'm serious. I want audio. I feel like you can't speak English

Cause all I said is he's not as good as pop at the end. Pop is the gold standard or best coach for tactics... Possibly ever

All I said is he's more than decent. He's done a good job developing young players

Seriously. Read to achieve

I didn't twist a SINGLE word

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Hollins is a fantastic coach .. make an identity and just dominate in that niche

prince was a decent pick up
John hollinger :thumbsup:

Durant is going to win this game thats what superstars do .. This is the evolution of durant right here

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Mike Conley!

One of most underrated players in nba. A big reason they dumped gay was to let him do more.

Both him and Lawson remind me kind of mixtures of Parker and cp3 (style wise. Not at that level)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hollins is a fantastic coach .. make an identity and just dominate in that niche

prince was a decent pick up
John hollinger :thumbsup:

Durant is going to win this game thats what superstars do .. This is the evolution of durant right here

Fwiw

It's constantly said Hollinger wants to move zbo too.

It might be a good move long term (depending wha he gets) but that'd crush Memphis fans

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Game over. GG Memphis.

Thabo, K Mart, Serge, Perk did fuck all. :fp:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
And Brooks with a horrible lineup to start the 4th where OKC lost the lead.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Are you fucking literate?

I'm serious. I want audio. I feel like you can't speak English

Cause all I said is he's not as good as pop at the end. Pop is the gold standard or best coach for tactics... Possibly ever

All I said is he's more than decent. He's done a good job developing young players

Seriously. Read to achieve

I didn't twist a SINGLE word

go fuck yourself

I said he is just a decent coach and you go and compare him with pop and makes like he is not best but ok maybe second best
I didnt ask him to execute like spurs, he plays iso ball good for his team. but you can play more than that, then he hands the ball to bloodhound when the second best player in planet is on the floor

in xs and os he is not even top five coach.

i mentioned he is a good groomer of talent but he has the most talented team in the world.

in adjustment even hollins will beat his ass if there is parity in talent between two team. then you went on a rip with random on some bullshit prehistoric warrior. he is a decent manager with not so good tactical knowledge

I know how it works.
1. make comparison with extreme but make sure its under realm of second best
2. put some warrior bullshit
3. go on a rip to somewhere like stadium, literature

that post didnt achieve anything with 20 lines of persian

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And Brooks with a horrible lineup to start the 4th where OKC lost the lead.
Very mediocre coaching i was hoping for a win for KD (honestly)

1. he is not good as spurs but he is good -> he is better than tibs, docs, even hollins, eric

2. warrior, stadium rip ->make sure you send a bot with bologna post

3. he is not phil jackson

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
very winnable game .. good bye KD they are going to win those two games

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
go fuck yourself

I said he is just a decent coach and you go and compare him with pop and makes like he is not best but ok maybe second best
I didnt ask him to execute like spurs, he plays iso ball good for his team. but you can play more than that, then he hands the ball to bloodhound when the second best player in planet is on the floor

i mentioned he is a good groomer of talent but he has the most talented team in the world.

in adjustment even hollins will beat his ass if there is parity in talent between two team. then you went on a rip with random on some bullshit prehistoric warrior. he is a decent manager with not so good tactical knowledge

I know how it works.

black-guys-laughing.gif

I love Ashish rants. :lol:

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Srsly though, Serge, Perk, Thabo, K Mart should be grilled. Left out Reggie because he's young, but he had a bad game too.

Ruined an amazing effort by KD. :head:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Srsly though, Serge, Perk, Thabo, K Mart should be grilled. Left out Reggie because he's young, but he had a bad game too.

Ruined an amazing effort by KD. :head:

puzzle.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
go fuck yourself

I know how it works.

again work on your comprehension

DID I say he was 2nd best coach? Did I say he was an elite coach?

just said he's a good coach, and unlike you i actually tried to show how he was a good coach with examples of things he's done. And next thing I know you think i'm attacking you?

where was there a single attack in my post?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
in defense of brooks-

a BIG part of their whole scheme is westbrook.

Losing him what... a week ago, in playoffs... is a REALLY hard adjustment to make quickly.

If Hollins lost Gasol now, his defensive scheme would be gigantically hurt.

-

This is the main reason i don't think OKC will advance. If they lost westbrook maybe a month before season ended, they prolly have enough time to adjust, and durant could go insane enough to take over.

At this point, mid playoffs v. a great defensive team who knows exactly what hey wanna do, it's REALLY unlikely.

-

Now i'm not saying this makes brooks a great coach or a bad one, but westbrooks role in their team is so big, it's really hard to just adjust w/ a bunch of guys who havent been asked to play bigger roles.

That's honestly what i found most impressive about lebron last playoffs. Bosh is a gigantic part of that team and losing him for 2 rounds, put huge pressure and they lost their only competent big man.

i don't think OKC is capable of this

-

to be honest though, iunno how great brooks is perhaps. Only team he's coached, young niave players who are very talented... just coaches to that. I don't think he's a problem though.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whatever dude

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I can listen to Tim Legler, all day long

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Best post season since Shaq days. I'm loving every minute of every game.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Whatever dude

the fuck is your problem?

youre acting like a child anytime i post anything. Put me on block if you're gonna be this way, i never once twists or attacked your thoughts. Just gave my opinion on a topic, which is the fucking point of a forum. If you can't handle it, block me.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
10 hours!

Can't come fast enough.

I'm stoked.

Warriors are young and niave enough to not give a fuck, and forget last game. Been that wayall season.

That said, it wasn't said enough but pop totally pwn'd jackson down the stretch. Injuries contributed to Jackson not having options but still. Pop is the spur i fear the most.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Was mentally ranking 5 greatest coaches of all time.

I got (in no order)-
Red Aurbach
Phil Jackson
Pat Riley
greg popovich

and i couldn't pick a 5th.... any suggestioms?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ah I meant nba. Coach k would be obvious if not

I don't think lb deserves top 5. Too many flaws

I would have given coach of year to Sp
Followed by Karl then woody. But really it's a ridiculously deep year of good coaching

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ah I meant nba. Coach k would be obvious if not

I don't think lb deserves top 5. Too many flaws

I would have given coach of year to Sp
Followed by Karl then woody. But really it's a ridiculously deep year of good coaching

I think coach of the year should be given to someone who did more with less. Spo has a stack team.

Not to take anything away from Spo, he is an excellent coach. Woody, Marc Jackson, Hollins, George Karl IMO were the best coaches this year.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
There were some great coaching jobs this year

Jackson for 7th, which normally i would be upset about considering turnaround he made and all rookies used but it's hard for me to even say anyone ahead of him isn't 'deserving'

-

Karl- 57 wins with a team of good but not great players. They were a machine.

Spoelstra- 66 wins? 27 straight. 36-1 down the stretch. Created an unorthordox unstoppable machine. Yeah he has lebron, but credit where credit do, did a lot of different things.

Woodson- honestly, not a great roster, and lots of injuries, but kept steady. Melo played his best ball of his career, and he got JR Smith playing high. JR SMITH, the ultimate ahhh you suck player.

Pop- Pop could legitimately win the award every year, magnificent useage of players

Tibs- no Rose, no problem. Defensive guru

Hollins- just kept building on what he had. Really compensated a lack of depth

Jackson- I've said enough

Carlilse- IMO second best coach in NBA, no dirk for 30 games, really no talent, and he got them to .500. Magnificent management for a team who should have been like 30 wins max.

Brooks- lost harden 2 days before season starts and they get BETTER. More wins. Better point differential. Good development of inexperienced players.

Vogel- Lost granger, got better, defensive machine like memphis and chicago

McHale- Youngest playoff team. Created a real killer system for them.

Doc Rivers- age and lots of issues, grinded them thru
--

There are more, but from a coaching perspective, i do think it was one of better years in NBA

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think coach of the year should be given to someone who did more with less. Spo has a stack team.

Not to take anything away from Spo, he is an excellent coach. Woody, Marc Jackson, Hollins, George Karl IMO were the best coaches this year.

traditionally it's been that way.

but again, Spo did do some remarkable things. Then again you could say Pop or Phil (when phil was coaching) should win ti every year w/ that logic. It's hard to say.

i could go eitherway-

of courses who did most to improve, there were a lot.

The only reason i won't put hollins w/ karl, jackson, karl, vogel, mchale, tibs this year..... he has had same core doing more or less same for 3 years. They get gradually better but not a huge increase. But he's still a great coach IMO
-

i think woody deserves a lot of credit for finding a system which gets best out of melo, and somehow turning JR Smith into a real weapon

He caught me REALLY off guard cause I was not a big fan of his work in atlanta

G

guestposter

the Red, Phil, Riley and Pop list is rock solid...

I would argue Chuck Daly is in the discussion. Not automatic but up there.. the dude has like 13 winning seasons in a row. back to back championships. A mark in the NBA for the bad boy defensive approach. Called up for the Dream team coaching spot.. he's top 10 in playoff winning % and way up there with overall winning %..

There are a ton of other 'respectable but not legendary/GOAT' level coaches..

Sloan, Rudy T, Don Nelson, Karl, Adelman, Brown..

I stick by Chuck Daly as an addition to your top tier list.

Last edited:

Schedule