Roberto Donadoni Thread

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Quite simply the greatest-ever winger to have graced the red and black half of Milan.

Since putting his playing days behind him, Roberto has built up quite a coaching résumé.

It's a very varied read with some spells more successful than others, but can still ultimately boast a largely impressive history (considering the tools at his disposal).

So, a good question to ask is: does anyone think that dear Roberto could one day manage il Diavolo?

news-f0497c83b1fe7e764c37.jpg

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope the Milan game isn't the one that gets Donadoni fired. I believe in him as a coach.

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
Nop, we smashed him last year and this year. Allegri all the way ;)

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Has 'future-Milan-coach' written all over him.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Has 'future-Milan-coach' written all over him.

Possibly...perhaps if he has an unbelievable year next season like he did with Livorno in (2006?) Silvio may be tempted to bring back Roberto...

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I'm not sold on him as a manager, but I did feel he was unfairly treated when he was Italy coach. Without Cannavaro, Gattuso, and Pirlo they took Spain to PKs. With Cannavaro available for the whole tournament and Pirlo and Gattuso available for that game they would have had an excellent chance to win the tournament, he certainly did a better job than Lippi his second go around

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not sold on him as a manager, but I did feel he was unfairly treated when he was Italy coach. Without Cannavaro, Gattuso, and Pirlo they took Spain to PKs. With Cannavaro available for the whole tournament and Pirlo and Gattuso available for that game they would have had an excellent chance to win the tournament, he certainly did a better job than Lippi his second go around

I had a feeling that the FIGC wanted to fire him even before the group stages were finished :/

I don't want to make excuses for him, but I do feel that he can be a great coach IF he had the right tools at his disposal.

I'm a big fan of Allegri, but I accept that Allegri has his weak points, like poor tactical variation and lack of confidence in making important in-game decisions. BUT I also accept that he won the Scudetto in his 1st season with Milan partly due to the strength of the squad at his disposal - which any half-decent tactician would repeat.

If Roberto had a similar chance, as well as confidence and backing from the board, I think he could achieve greatness.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
true, but still needs to improve

I'm actually very curious to see what Roberto could do with a TOP team and CONFIDENCE from the board. Something we have yet to see...

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Interesting stats.

If we look at the Serie A table, only including the games that Donadoni has been in charge of Parma, here's the top 4 as of today:

1. Juventus -----> 41 points
2. Milan ---------> 40 points
3. Napoli---------> 31 points
= Parma --------> 31 points

Wow. Considering what Donadoni has to work with, in comparison to teams like Inter, Roma, Lazio and Udinese, he's working wonders.

FYI, both Napoli and Parma have beaten each other 2-1, and both have a goal difference of +8 at this point with the games as of Jan. 9th 2012 - May 5th. 2012.

For all those interested, Bologna would be 5th, merda would be 8th, and Udinese would be 14th!

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Parma warn Milan over Donadoni
Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi has warned Milan that he has no plans to release boss Roberto Donadoni.

The latter, a former Rossonero winger, is being talked about as a possible successor to Massimiliano Allegri at the end of the season.

Ghirardi, however, has told the Gazzetta dello Sport that he intends to tighten his grip on the former Italian national Coach.

“I like Donadoni’s humility and his desire to work,” Ghirardi noted. “I also like his elegance and refinement at all times.

“Milan’s interest in him? I know that we are already in discussions with him regarding a contract renewal.

“We want Donadoni to be a reference point at the centre of our project and I think he wants the same thing.”

Donadoni, born in 1963, was appointed as Parma boss in January 2012 following the dismissal of Franco Colomba. His present deal expires in 2013.

http://football-italia.net/25543/parma-warn-milan-over-donadoni

Fiero

Reaction score
He definitely has the 'physique du role' to become Milan's coach. :tongue:

He kind of reminds me of Ancelotti. Classy, easy going, and prefers to play an entertaining brand of football... technique over muscle... also a very interesting coach, tactically.

He was admirable with Italy even though inexperience cost him, but he did a respectable job, which was further highlighted by Lippi's failure two years later. His class was obvious with Cagliari when he lost the job due to standing up for Suazo... and with Parma they love him already, he resurrected them into a top half team after becoming relegation contenders. The only failure he had is that Napoli stint... they are tough bastards and they needed a 'working class' coach like Mazzari to play dirt football because that's who they are. :D

I'm all for this move. I'd rather Donadoni than Allegri and I'd be really happy if he becomes our head coach mid-season or starting from next one.

Fiero

Reaction score
Another two points I noticed against Fiorentina and now against us as well:

- His subs always make an impact.

- His team has character and despite being dominated and trailing behind, they don't give up and find a way to scrap back.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Both true and both things I really like about him.

Easily my first choice for our budget.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I thought he managed a good game today

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
his Parma team beat Inter today and they are in 7th...

he has really done a great job with Parma

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Parma Coach Roberto Donadoni has reiterated comments he made last week, claiming that he would not rule out a move to Milan.

The 49-year-old has been linked with a move to the Rossoneri as a possible replacement for Massimiliano Allegri.

But the current Gialloblu boss has admitted that he would be interested in a place on the San Siro bench, but only after his contract as run out at Ennio Tardini.

“I have only recently signed with Parma until 2015,” he told RTL 102.5. “I want to grow with this side, but I will not hide my ambitions.

“There has been no contact with Milan, but if they called, I would answer.”

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
his Parma team beat Inter today and they are in 7th...

he has really done a great job with Parma

so that Allegri's cagliari. not to mention that was best inter squad ever.

Replacing Allegri with Donadoni is a Big Joke.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think hes doing a fantastic job with Parma for the last 2 seasons. Hes turning into quite a good coach.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
12 game unbeaten stretch.

He is doing a great job at Parma

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Sunday March 16 2014 Donadoni: 'Parma enjoy their work'

Roberto Donadoni revealed the secret to dealing with Antonio Cassano, Parma’s amazing season and the Milan protest.

His Ducali consolidated sixth place and extended their unbeaten run to 16 with today’s 4-2 victory at San Siro.

I want to be honest, it wasn’t our best performance. I have to praise my players, as it was not easy to win at San Siro, especially with our opponents in a curious psychological situation.

Their enthusiasm is remarkable. We went 2-0 up, Milan caught us, but then we scored another two. I like that spirit. Of course there can be errors along the way and things to be improved, but that’s what this job is all about.

Cassano bagged a brace and seems to have finally settled down, so how did Donadoni get the best out of the mercurial forward?

It takes common sense. Of course if everyone thinks they are right and won’t even listen to other options, then they will end up clashing. It just requires a little common sense and an open mind,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

Antonio knows that he has to play that role wherever I place him on the field. If he accepts those conditions, then it goes well. If he doesn’t, then he’s in trouble.”

Ezequiel Schelotto made a rare start and was decisive, earning the opening penalty that saw Christian Abbiati sent off and setting up Amauri’s goal.

Schelotto’s talent was knowing what it means to play with Cassano. Ezequiel made the most of his qualities with some great runs, I lost count how many, and at one point I had to tell him to calm down. Even at the 90th minute he was pressing the goalkeeper and defenders. It’s wonderful to see that attitude.

I told Amauri that his response in training was excellent and that he makes my decisions difficult. I’m happy to have such problems.

Donadoni has been called an ‘unfashionable’ Coach, but his success rate at Parma is beyond dispute.

I am myself, I always try to be myself, then some might like me and others might not. I said in the locker room I’d prefer it for them to go out and speak to the media, as they deserve the attention rather than me.

We are working hard and want to keep going all the way, as we enjoy our jobs.”

Donadoni was a Milan legend, so what did he think of the Curva Sud protest against the team today?

It’s disappointing, but clearly when a side like Milan is in this position in the table, you can expect some protests.

I think in any case Milan came out eager to fight hard and turn around a complicated situation. With 10 men they came back from 2-0 down, so that must mean something.

I believe the fans ought to help the team get back on its feet. I realise that’s not easy, but calm is the only way to go forward.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
10329023_731097346929052_91274782410563914_n.jpg

:lol:

Congrats Roberto!! What an amazing job hes done at Parma

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
If Seedorf doesn't stay he should be next in line. Payed his dues, and can be a sucess. After Euro 2008 big clubs didn't trust him, now we should.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Missed the last train to coach Milan, now hes a strong candidate for Lazio
Shame

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you thought Milan were being managed akin to a circus, you don't even want to imagine what's been going on over at Parma. Yikes.

Well...I wouldn't blame Roberto if he decides to call it a day at Parma...and who knows...maybe he could be sitting on the Milan bench next season.