Christian Abbiati Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJaWjrxAsPb/

tumblr_m9m30rMFoW1qkktc4o1_500.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
The retired shot-stopper spoke to 7Gold television about the sudden transformation this term and what was missing last year.

“It wasn’t so much not understanding what it means to wear this shirt, it was just being unprofessional,” said Abbiati.

“In my view the club did very well to sell and exclude certain characters who were not doing what was best for Milan.

“Even if I didn’t play, I was always at the disposal of the Coach and trained at 100 per cent, because it can happen that you’re called into action and need to be ready.

“However, some who were not playing then didn’t train well, argued and were bad for the group. In all my years at Milan, I saw very few who didn’t have the right attitude.

“Some people… My mind was going back and then looking at the present, I didn’t have that enthusiasm when I arrived for training anymore.

“Right now I don’t miss football, but I do miss Milan a little bit, as that club was like a second family. I spent a lot of time wearing the Rossoneri jersey.

“This weekend I will sit in the stands as a fan and suffer during the derby, just as I did during Milan-Juventus, feeling as if I was on the field.

“Vincenzo Montella is doing very well and I love the fact they are making the most of young players. They never throw the ball away, always try to play it to feet.

“Sinisa Mihajlovic and Christian Brocchi also deserve credit for starting the new era last year, laying the foundations for Montella.”

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The retired shot-stopper spoke to 7Gold television about the sudden transformation this term and what was missing last year.

“It wasn’t so much not understanding what it means to wear this shirt, it was just being unprofessional,” said Abbiati.

“In my view the club did very well to sell and exclude certain characters who were not doing what was best for Milan.

“Even if I didn’t play, I was always at the disposal of the Coach and trained at 100 per cent, because it can happen that you’re called into action and need to be ready.

“However, some who were not playing then didn’t train well, argued and were bad for the group. In all my years at Milan, I saw very few who didn’t have the right attitude.

“Some people… My mind was going back and then looking at the present, I didn’t have that enthusiasm when I arrived for training anymore.

“Right now I don’t miss football, but I do miss Milan a little bit, as that club was like a second family. I spent a lot of time wearing the Rossoneri jersey.

“This weekend I will sit in the stands as a fan and suffer during the derby, just as I did during Milan-Juventus, feeling as if I was on the field.

“Vincenzo Montella is doing very well and I love the fact they are making the most of young players. They never throw the ball away, always try to play it to feet.

“Sinisa Mihajlovic and Christian Brocchi also deserve credit for starting the new era last year, laying the foundations for Montella.”

I wonder who were the unprofessional ones.

Balo I am sure is on the list.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I wonder who were the unprofessional ones.

Balo I am sure is on the list.
Mexes is the first that comes to my mind. Then the suspects are Menez, Boateng, Balo. Diego Lopez?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Diego Lopez had his issues with Mihajlovic
I remember Melissa Satta attacking Mihajlovic as well, so Prince is likely too

the rest is pure speculation

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Multiple sources, including Gazzetta dello Sport, are reporting Abbiati is set to get a role in the new Milan as team manager.

Been asking for this since he retired. Very good if true.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
team manager is more or less = mentor/coach's hype man/motivational speaker, right ?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Team manager is also tasked with maintaining a solid locker room I'd think. We need that, especially with all the new players.

Great news.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Team manager is also tasked with maintaining a solid locker room I'd think. We need that, especially with all the new players.

Great news.

Had little to no impact in that regard, when he was a player, would it be different now?

Gattuso or Seedorf should've gotten that job.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Had little to no impact in that regard, when he was a player, would it be different now?

I think Abbiati is still one of the old guards / senatores. I don't think Seedorf would settle for a position like this.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
team manager is more or less = mentor/coach's hype man/motivational speaker, right ?

the article in football-italia that mentioned his return was stating that his role is club manager and he will report to mirabelli.
also it was described that basically he will be the liaison between the club and the team.
I guess that he will be responsible to be a man of the management that is going to spend a lot of time with the team and report

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Seedorf? :lol: I dont think Milan has had a more divisive player than him in decades.

Gattuso already got a job.

Abbiati was very influential among the old guard.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Seedorf? :lol: I dont think Milan has had a more divisive player than him in decades.
Not really saying much, since our club was run poorly for the past decade.

Gattuso already got a job.

Abbiati was very influential among the old guard.
Gattuso already having a job is irrelavant to my point.

My point was that he should've gotten the job as Team Manager instead of what he's doing now.
Perhaps it was offered and he turned it down, I don't know.

Abbiati seems way too passive to me.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Like someone already mentioned, people should stop expecting big names and get over it. It isn't high profile job. As much as I like our legends to get this job, their ego won't let them. Also We don't have many legends with diplomatic nature. So they are bound to clash with players, managers.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Ambrosini like Sage suggested. I would have given it to Ambro.

ambrosini is more suited to a media pr role...he's got the charisma and broadcasting experience already for it. abbiati is better suited to be an advocate for the players..and to add a sense of discipline. this is exactly the role he expressed interest before/when he retired.

others being petty about him for unrelated reasons...stop being children.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
so much hatred towards seedorf and abbiati wtf?? do some of you assholes even like dorf and abbiati?