The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Maybe its not bad for Milan that Inter won.
Now we are 7 points in front of a top 4 spot
Last game of the season against Atalanta can be descisive for a cl spot

I still expect it to be way more likely that Atalanta is going to be in top 4 than roma or napoli, so if atalanta is almost certainly top 4 guaranteed, than there is nothing to be happy about this result. Inter getting away and an Atalanta that might need the 3 points even more against us at the end of the season

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
12 games left, 36 points to play for and we're around 6 or 7 points ahead of 5th place. Almost there...

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As I said before, nothing is stopping them. Everything just worked out perfectly for them in the perfect moment.
The fuckers are getting a win after a win after a win without even receiving yellow cards... A quarter of their line up is hanging with 4 yellows since forever. Not to mention the other more important aspects... Just look at the game against Atalanta - goal completely out of nowhere, Handanovic with massive saves, Brozovic with a goal line clearance, etc. And still their whole game is - kick the ball to Lukaku. And it is working :lol: I can't believe it

At this point we would need around 73-74 points to reach CL. So around 17-18 points from now which is 6 wins. We have enough games to achieve it (Parma, Benevento, Torino, Genoa, Viola, Sassuolo, Cagliari, Sampdoria).

The Scudetto is impossible if you ask me. There are enough games to catch up 7 points, but they are in red hot form while we are not at our best. Also we have 1 more derby to play.

I would not be against focusing mainly on EL. It is likelier to make 6-7 very strong games than 12.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still expect it to be way more likely that Atalanta is going to be in top 4 than roma or napoli, so if atalanta is almost certainly top 4 guaranteed, than there is nothing to be happy about this result. Inter getting away and an Atalanta that might need the 3 points even more against us at the end of the season

We should have top 4 secured by the 38th round regardless of what Atalanta need. Actually around the 35th round we should be done with it.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
As I said before, nothing is stopping them. Everything just worked out perfectly for them in the perfect moment.
The fuckers are getting a win after a win after a win without even receiving yellow cards... A quarter of their line up is hanging with 4 yellows since forever. Not to mention the other more important aspects... Just look at the game against Atalanta - goal completely out of nowhere, Handanovic with massive saves, Brozovic with a goal line clearance, etc. And still their whole game is - kick the ball to Lukaku. And it is working :lol: I can't believe it

At this point we would need around 73-74 points to reach CL. So around 17-18 points from now which is 6 wins. We have enough games to achieve it (Parma, Benevento, Torino, Genoa, Viola, Sassuolo, Cagliari, Sampdoria).

The Scudetto is impossible if you ask me. There are enough games to catch up 7 points, but they are in red hot form while we are not at our best. Also we have 1 more derby to play.

I would not be against focusing mainly on EL. It is likelier to make 6-7 very strong games than 12.

The focus should of course mainly be on Serie A. Milan are in pole position to finish in a CL spot for the first time in 8 years, however the sharks are circling and they?re ready to pounce should Milan start dropping too many points.
EL should only ever be the main focus of a team that has lost sight of a top 4 finish.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Conte-2103-celebrate-ata-epa.jpg

y5s3tqx5pq6z.jpg

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Why is LocalHero so upset that people are fine with Inter winning against Atalanta with the best squad in the league with a 12m coach and only league to focus on? It's +6, not them yet winning the title, and even if they did it's expected - anything else is a disaster for them. We're aiming top 4 and now have a bigger gap which is great for us. Inter can drop 6 points as easily as we can drop out of top 4. With 12 games to go, anything can still happen. I'd rather not go into the final game against Atlanata needing a win to get 4th spot instead of them.

blacki

Primavera
Reaction score
The focus should of course mainly be on Serie A. Milan are in pole position to finish in a CL spot for the first time in 8 years, however the sharks are circling and they?re ready to pounce should Milan start dropping too many points.
EL should only ever be the main focus of a team that has lost sight of a top 4 finish.

jup because thinking like that was so succesful for the past 8 years, :fp:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why is LocalHero so upset that people are fine with Inter winning against Atalanta with the best squad in the league with a 12m coach and only league to focus on? It's +6, not them yet winning the title, and even if they did it's expected - anything else is a disaster for them. We're aiming top 4 and now have a bigger gap which is great for us. Inter can drop 6 points as easily as we can drop out of top 4. With 12 games to go, anything can still happen. I'd rather not go into the final game against Atlanata needing a win to get 4th spot instead of them.

I think getting to to game 38 with 4th place already secured is the goal. I don't want the stress of having to get a result in the last week against Atalanta.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
:thumbsup:

Agree, some people are going too "alpha" here. I was fine with either result, but this one is good in that it relieves pressure for getting top 4 while still having chance for the title. It's probably the best scenario for the boys, as we performed better as underdogs for the title than being on top.

Now, the pressure on Inter and Conte is huge, as not winning the title will be a disaster. But, anything can happen... they're one Lukaku injury/Covid away from being shit again.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

Agree, some people are going too "alpha" here. I was fine with either result, but this one is good in that it relieves pressure for getting top 4 while still having chance for the title. It's probably the best scenario for the boys, as we performed better as underdogs for the title than being on top.

Now, the pressure on Inter and Conte is huge, as not winning the title will be a disaster. But, anything can happen... they're one Lukaku injury/Covid away from being shit again.

I dont see them dropping many points till the end of the season but thats fine with me. We should clinch top4 asap then we have the whole summer to smooth out our team and then actually target the scudetto next season. We've been really unlucky with injuries this season and being in the position we're in is already a superb result

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lol people are still talking about Scudetto?

Tell you what, Inter will drop points, a lot of points. But Milan will shit the bed too and Juve will win it in the end.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont see them dropping many points till the end of the season but thats fine with me. We should clinch top4 asap then we have the whole summer to smooth out our team and then actually target the scudetto next season. We've been really unlucky with injuries this season and being in the position we're in is already a superb result

Shit team building isnt luck.

You have 39 yo starting striker than you brought a 34yo back up, then you ask why so many injuries :lol: fuck off :lol:

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
jesus christ people here are salty. Yes, Inter are having a better season in Serie A this season with no cards and no injuries. so fucking what? they're out of the CL and Lukaku carries them as much as the Conte's hair pin carries his wig.

people acting like we're on par with them squad & budget wise. Hakimi cost as much as our whole recent transfer windows including Tonali's potential full fee, let that sink in. and best part is? with this spending frenzy they might as well get fucked and be booted out of European competitions \ might be sold like a yard sale.

focus on your own lives instead of bitching what this and that has, better zen.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Lol people are still talking about Scudetto?

Tell you what, Inter will drop points, a lot of points. But Milan will shit the bed too and Juve will win it in the end.

Lol, Juve will certainly not win scudetto . Inter has shown champions mentality ,and they will win. I must admit that Pirlo how inexperienced he is ,has shown that will be great coach.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think getting to to game 38 with 4th place already secured is the goal. I don't want the stress of having to get a result in the last week against Atalanta.

We ll secure top 4 before last round against atalanta.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Lol, Juve will certainly not win scudetto . Inter has shown champions mentality ,and they will win. I must admit that Pirlo how inexperienced he is ,has shown that will be great coach.

I mean Pirlo inhabited a decent squad, he's not a good coach until he does something with an average team..

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
CorSport says Kjaer-Alessio vs United.

This duo vs a counter-attacking team. :lol:

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
people acting like we're on par with them squad & budget wise. Hakimi cost as much as our whole recent transfer windows including Tonali's potential full fee, let that sink in. and best part is? with this spending frenzy they might as well get fucked and be booted out of European competitions \ might be sold like a yard sale.

focus on your own lives instead of bitching what this and that has, better zen.

Milan have invested more into their squad that Inter in recent years. In the last 3.5 seasons:

Inter net transfer spend = 193m (total spend = 529m)
Milan net transfer spend = 289m (total spend = 517m)

Sunings financial troubles are due to other reasons (covid, china, etc) and not coz of overspending on transfers. If anything, Suning have invested less on transfers than planned. So this "spending frenzy" of Inter is pretty much the same as that of Milan.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
According to Il Corriere della Sera, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is close to extending his contract with Milan, but the Rossoneri are also planning to sign a new young striker.

The contract of the 39-year-old expires in June, but the striker is open to staying at the club until 2022.

“If Paolo [Maldini] wants, I’m up for it,” Ibrahimovic told RAI on Sunday.

According to Il Corriere della Sera, Milan do not want to part company with the former Barcelona and Manchester United striker.

There is optimism regarding his contract extension for one more season.

Ibrahimovic turns 40 in October, but the Rossoneri are aware he played a crucial role in developing the club and young players.

For this reason, they are willing to discuss a one-year contract extension that would see the Swede keep a €7m-a-year salary.

However, Milan directors know Ibrahimovic won’t play every game and are also planning to sign a new, young centre-forward for the 2021-22 campaign.

Torino’s Andrea Belotti has been linked with a move to Milan, but according to reports in Italy, PSV’s Donyell Malen is also on the Rossoneri’s radars.

Mino Raiola will play a key role in negotiations as he’s both Ibra and Malen's agent.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
AC Milan and three of their rivals are interested in signing Real Mallorca sensation Luka Romero, according to a report from Spain.

Romero made headlines as he became the youngest debutant in the history of LaLiga, coming on last June against Real Madrid at just 15 years and 219 days, and he is tipped for very big things having been compared to Messi despite being an attacking midfielder by trade.

Goal reports that Romero has still not reached an agreement with Mallorca for the signing of his first professional contract and a number of top clubs ? especially in Italy ? are keen on signing him. There have already been approaches to try and snap up the 16-year-old on a free transfer, with Milan, Inter, Napoli and Juventus having collected information about the attacker.

Mallorca want to try and agree a new five-year contract with the teenager, but they also have their mind on setting a starting price in the knowledge that Romero is destined make the leap to a club with greater aspirations in the short or medium term. The player?s wish is clear for now: to continue at Mallorca.

He has 102 minutes in six appearances in the league and 110 in two games in the Copa del Rey so far. On November 29 he scored his first goal and cried in the celebration, dedicating it to his grandmother and Maradona

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Milan have invested more into their squad that Inter in recent years. In the last 3.5 seasons:

Inter net transfer spend = 193m (total spend = 529m)
Milan net transfer spend = 289m (total spend = 517m)

Sunings financial troubles are due to other reasons (covid, china, etc) and not coz of overspending on transfers. If anything, Suning have invested less on transfers than planned. So this "spending frenzy" of Inter is pretty much the same as that of Milan.

Mirabelli bought 250mln of shit except kessie and hakan (it seems)

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Are we linked with that Stuttgart rw??

I don't think he's a realistic target, his MV is around 25mil, considering he still has a long term contract with Stuttgart, I highly doubt he'll go for anything below 35-40mil..and I don't think we'll break the bank for him sadly

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he's a realistic target, his MV is around 25mil, considering he still has a long term contract with Stuttgart, I highly doubt he'll go for anything below 35-40mil..and I don't think we'll break the bank for him sadly

It's post-covid. 35-40m he must be really good.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
It's post-covid. 35-40m he must be really good.

13 goals and 3 assists in 25 games + a contract that ends in summer 2024. I don't think he's gonna go for anything under 35, post covid or not. Imo a club like Leipzig will snatch him up and sell him on in a season or two for 50+

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
According to Il Corriere della Sera, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is close to extending his contract with Milan, but the Rossoneri are also planning to sign a new young striker.

The contract of the 39-year-old expires in June, but the striker is open to staying at the club until 2022.

?If Paolo [Maldini] wants, I?m up for it,? Ibrahimovic told RAI on Sunday.

According to Il Corriere della Sera, Milan do not want to part company with the former Barcelona and Manchester United striker.

Ibrahimovic turns 40 in October, but the Rossoneri are aware he played a crucial role in developing the club and young players.

For this reason, they are willing to discuss a one-year contract extension that would see the Swede keep a ?7m-a-year salary.

However, Milan directors know Ibrahimovic won?t play every game and are also planning to sign a new, young centre-forward for the 2021-22 campaign.

Torino?s Andrea Belotti has been linked with a move to Milan, but according to reports in Italy, PSV?s Donyell Malen is also on the Rossoneri?s radars.

Mino Raiola will play a key role in negotiations as he?s both Ibra and Malen's agent.

This is way to go :thumbsup:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

?If Paolo [Maldini] wants, I?m up for it,? Ibrahimovic told RAI on Sunday.

For this reason, they are willing to discuss a one-year contract extension that would see the Swede keep a ?7m-a-year salary.

However, Milan directors know Ibrahimovic won?t play every game and are also planning to sign a new, young centre-forward for the 2021-22 campaign.

Torino?s Andrea Belotti has been linked with a move to Milan, but according to reports in Italy, PSV?s Donyell Malen is also on the Rossoneri?s radars.

Mino Raiola will play a key role in negotiations as he?s both Ibra and Malen's agent.

belotti 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule