Status
Not open for further replies.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
WTF.:lol::lol:
The hell did I just read. Was this a football article or a gangster story.

It is mental but I never realised it was this bad.

It's commonly held up as one of the most violent matches of football but I didn't realise they were literally headbutting players off the ball throughout the match. :lol::lol:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In RnB world how much you sold has no importance

Literally nobody has even mentioned the balance in and out. Nobody bar 2 people who are trying to prove their point which makes zero sense. I don't give a shit how much Liverpool got from sales. We are talking about spending. Spending means you pay someone for something. They spent big. Want me to repeat it?

It's a yes or no question. Did Liverpool spend big since 2015?

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we stop double counting the amount we paid for Bonucci with the swap with Caldara? It annoys me so much.

Salah went for 42m. Bonuses made it go to 50m. I assume those bonuses were met. Salah was bought while they still had Coutinho, and how many people said they'd prefer Suso? Or that Salah was just pace? Even though he was literally scoring 15 goals and assisting 15 goals (around that) for two seasons in a row at Roma?

Milan had to replace an entire team after Berlusconi. Other big teams are constantly pumping money into their squads, and we use random bursts, we don't build up anything, and it hurts the development of young players.

They bought Salah after they sold Coutinho. They also sold Sterling and Suarez and rebuild as well. We rebuild very poorly indeed. I do understand your overall point though.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All direct competitors lost points this weekend. If we win we will be 7th 4 points behind top 4. Not that bad position if we start playing well...

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
All direct competitors lost points this weekend. If we win we will be 7th 4 points behind top 4. Not that bad position if we start playing well...

8th behind Lazio on goal difference. 9th if Fiorentina beat Brescia tomorrow

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Literally nobody has even mentioned the balance in and out. Nobody bar 2 people who are trying to prove their point which makes zero sense. I don't give a shit how much Liverpool got from sales. We are talking about spending. Spending means you pay someone for something. They spent big. Want me to repeat it?

You can repeat it as long as you want, it's still an idiotic argument.

Yes, they've spent, but that indicator alone is irrelevant.

The conclusion is that they have invested only 100m in transfers and built a CL winning team. M. City have invested 500m

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
8th behind Lazio on goal difference. 9th if Fiorentina beat Brescia tomorrow

Not much difference. Too early for calculations. What is important is we will be not very far away from top 4. We will need 6 points against Roma and Lazio though in order to compensate the fuck ups agains Udinese and Viola. Worst case 4 points and a win against Spal before the 2 extreme games

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not really. Liverpool haven’t spent large sums of money. Their biggest transfer was Van Djik. Salah, Mane and Firmino cost all in the region of 30 million pounds and weren’t world beaters when they joined. In addition they all came over a couple of seasons not all in one season. It’s not like Liverpool spent large sums like Man U or Man City. Not even close. Klopp wasn’t even great in his first season, he build his team up slowly, still has players like Milner in the line up and Lovren in the line up, went to the final without Alisson. Building a team around a great coach was what Liverpool did. Despite losing Sterling and Suarez.

Liverpool were tame in terms of spending. Liverpool is what happens when you get a great coach and give him time which Milan fails to understand to this very day.

Just checked transfermarkt. You’re right. Compared to other EPL teams Liverpool was quite moderate. They spend 440M since he arrived in october 2015. That’s quite moderate even compared to our spendings in the same time tbf.

And yeah in the same time they made some lucrative sellings too.

Guess that’s quite a role model for every top club in Europe to follow.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You can repeat it as long as you want, it's still an idiotic argument.

Yes, they've spent, but that indicator alone is irrelevant.

The conclusion is that they have invested only 100m in transfers and built a CL winning team. M. City have invested 500m

It is relevant but you refuse to see it. Saying "Liverpool haven't spent large sums of money" (Chiko) means that they count on home grown talents + bossman players + hidden gems. In reality they spent 400 m on 8 players.

I understand what you are saying and you are right, but that was not what we were discussing. Chiko's statement is pure non-sense.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and it's unheard of for people to switch clubs while having contracts...

Nope. If data from transfermarkt is correct, they've only spent around 100mln net in his tenure.

By they way, what do you guys think of Shaqiri as a cheap Suso alternative? He's not getting playing time at Pool, but for us I think he would be good.

Yeah just checked the numbers too. Out of the head having figures like 80M for Van Dijk in head it seemed like much more but it were only 440M sellings not counted. That’s not that much in the course of 4 years, even if you look at our spendings in the same time.

—-

Shaqiri, saying it as his fellow Swiss countryman, is an option only if you are going to put the cherry on the top of your cake. He‘s by no means a player you should getcif you habe to build a team and teamchemistry from scratch especially since he has some nasty diva attitudes (it’s said he rejected the NT call some weeks ago because he wasn’t named captain after Lichtsteiner, the actuall captain, wasn’t called up).

But yeah, if I could choose between Suso and Shaqiri, I‘d go for Shaqiri for sure. However he‘s like Suso a player who can be astonishing on his good days and very very frustrating on his bad days. Moreover if he doesn’t feel important for the team he’s dogshit and won’t bother to fight for his place - again, diva attitudes. Only exception who makes him fight for his place I know so far is Klopp.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They bought Salah after they sold Coutinho. They also sold Sterling and Suarez and rebuild as well. We rebuild very poorly indeed. I do understand your overall point though.

Coutinho was sold in January of 2018, Salah came in the summer of 2017.

Liverpool has also had the luck of hits. I mean, you can forget Andy Carroll's failure when you get Suarez.

I don't think we've had the luck of having a player really break through like that. Like, Andre Silva or Leao (hopefully) or Paqueta or someone, y'know? Romagnoli I think is the closest we've had to a player who has come into Milan and performed as close to a standard for this club, him and Donnaruma. Otherwise, it's been inconsistent and disjointed infrastructure that is the absolute worst for young players. Which makes our whole resistance to experienced players (if really true) that much more stupid.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Liverpool has also had the luck of hits. I mean, you can forget Andy Carroll's failure when you get Suarez.

I don't think we've had the luck of having a player really break through like that. Like, Andre Silva or Leao (hopefully) or Paqueta or someone, y'know? Romagnoli I think is the closest we've had to a player who has come into Milan and performed as close to a standard for this club, him and Donnaruma. Otherwise, it's been inconsistent and disjointed infrastructure that is the absolute worst for young players. Which makes our whole resistance to experienced players (if really true) that much more stupid.

Yep that's the key. We spent like 300 m on mostly young players and pretty much none of them exploded while Klopp turned almost all of his players into world-class performers.

Changing mediocre coaches all the time didn't help either...

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Liverpool did one thing right since we defeated them in 2007, and it changed their entire trajectory. They hired an elite/proven manager in Klopp. For the most part, they looked exactly like Milan has since our Scudetto victory, meandering and failing through each season stuck in absolute mediocrity.

Coaching is EVERYTHING in sports. Good managers improve mediocre players, they develop players with potential, they know how to build teams. Until we hire a top level manager, we will fail just as they did post Athens.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Shaqiri, saying it as his fellow Swiss countryman, is an option only if you are going to put the cherry on the top of your cake. He‘s by no means a player you should getcif you habe to build a team and teamchemistry from scratch especially since he has some nasty diva attitudes (it’s said he rejected the NT call some weeks ago because he wasn’t named captain after Lichtsteiner, the actuall captain, wasn’t called up).

But yeah, if I could choose between Suso and Shaqiri, I‘d go for Shaqiri for sure. However he‘s like Suso a player who can be astonishing on his good days and very very frustrating on his bad days. Moreover if he doesn’t feel important for the team he’s dogshit and won’t bother to fight for his place - again, diva attitudes. Only exception who makes him fight for his place I know so far is Klopp.

I'm only mentioning him because he should be cheap... so even if it's a gamble, it's not a big one. Both of them alternating and getting some runs of form here and there should be good enough for us at the moment.

+ he has a bit different characteristics than Suso, so it should offer some flexibility

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Context.

The answer to your question is yes. But when you sell big, it allows you to spend big too.

I could also go on and ask you: Did Liverpool sell big since 2015, yes or no?

So summasumarum what really counts is the net spending. Liverpool since 2015 had a much smaller net spending than Milan while their team went from mediocre shit to CL winner. In the same amount of time we didn‘t even made it into CL and if we actually got that one point more last season UEFA would have kicked us out just because of that net spending.

Again: Yes, Liverpool spend big, but on top of that smart while supporting those spendings with big sellings too.

Bit even if you refuse to look at bet spendings: We did spend big too. According to Transfermarkt sth like 550-600M since 2015. More than Liverpool since Klopps arrival in october 2015 with their 440M. So if you put that into perspective than the answer to your initial question should actually be „no“ :)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm only mentioning him because he should be cheap... so even if it's a gamble, it's not a big one. Both of them alternating and getting some runs of form here and there should be good enough for us at the moment.

+ he has a bit different characteristics than Suso, so it should offer some flexibility

Yeah I see your point. My fear - while I agree with you if you look only on his characteristics - is that he‘s not the right personality and attitude for a team that still needs to be build :).

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Context.

The answer to your question is yes. But when you sell big, it allows you to spend big too.

I could also go on and ask you: Did Liverpool sell big since 2015, yes or no?

So summasumarum what really counts is the net spending. Liverpool since 2015 had a much smaller net spending than Milan while their team went from mediocre shit to CL winner. In the same amount of time we didn‘t even made it into CL and if we actually got that one point more last season UEFA would have kicked us out just because of that net spending.

Again: Yes, Liverpool spend big, but on top of that smart while supporting those spendings with big sellings too.

Bit even if you refuse to look at bet spendings: We did spend big too. According to Transfermarkt sth like 550-600M since 2015. More than Liverpool since Klopps arrival in october 2015 with their 440M. So if you put that into perspective than the answer to your initial question should actually be „no“ :)

Yes, they spent big and yes, they sold big. The difference between them and us is that they bought smart and hired an exciting coach while we basically wasted 200 m on mediocre players and wasted many years with mediocre coaches.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, they spent big and yes, they sold big. The difference between them and us is that they bought smart and hired an exciting coach while we basically wasted 200 m on mediocre players and wasted many years with mediocre coaches.

That’s a point I think all Milan fans can agree on.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probable Milan squad against Lecce according to Sky: AC Milan (4-3-3): G.Donnarumma, Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Biglia, Paqueta; Suso, Leão, Calhanoglu

I mean I don’t know. Maybe coaches see something in Hakan I don’t. I’m not a coach what do I know really. Maybe Rebic is bad.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Liverpool did one thing right since we defeated them in 2007, and it changed their entire trajectory. They hired an elite/proven manager in Klopp. For the most part, they looked exactly like Milan has since our Scudetto victory, meandering and failing through each season stuck in absolute mediocrity.

Coaching is EVERYTHING in sports. Good managers improve mediocre players, they develop players with potential, they know how to build teams. Until we hire a top level manager, we will fail just as they did post Athens.

I agree with you. Rodgers wasn't a bad appointment, either.

They got really lucky with Coutinho. He really did well going there. But you're right, Klopp did turn them around, but it took time. The way he's given a new lease on life to players like Henderson and Milner boggles my mind.

I feel like with a great manager, we would've seen greater progress with Calabria, Kessie, especially, while I think being able to use what we have, the fact that we've missed out on 4th is puzzling. To be fair to Gattuso, he had to deal with an incredible amount of injuries last year, which I think he doesn't get enough credit for managing.

I hope Pioli can turn things around, but I think most of the damage is rooted in Mirabelli's disjointed transfer policy. We've been saddled by the poor performances of senior players (Biglia, Bonucci) while also having horrible injuries to expensive signings (Caldara, Conti) and I just think we need that lucky transfer to help us turn the corner, but we also lack leadership.

What Alo said about Shaqiri, I think applies to almost our entire squad. Every player in our squad can be a great player, but only in a great team. They don't raise the level of a squad, they simply maintain it. Even Suso, who I loathe, would do well in a well-run team. Hakan, RR, Musa, and seemingly Piatek are all players that are front-runners.

Leao and Paqueta are the two who I think can pull a team up. Leao, especially, and he's my new great hope.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probable Milan squad against Lecce according to Sky: AC Milan (4-3-3): G.Donnarumma, Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Biglia, Paqueta; Suso, Leão, Calhanoglu

I mean I don’t know. Maybe coaches see something in Hakan I don’t. I’m not a coach what do I know really. Maybe Rebic is bad.

stats-wise they are more or less the same when looking at their DBL games.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Gattuso is a manager who can get more out of his players, which is due to his personality/mentality. If he can improve his tactical acumen, which is real given he's still young, then he can go on to have a good coaching career.

Say what you want about our last season, but most of the players were pouring their heart on the field. The problem was with them being technically limited.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I think Gattuso is a manager who can get more out of his players, which is due to his personality/mentality. If he can improve his tactical acumen, which is real given he's still young, then he can go on to have a good coaching career.

Say what you want about our last season, but most of the players were pouring their heart on the field. The problem was with them being technically limited.

Yeah pouring their hearts out when they bottled 4th place

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
How so? What has he achieved really?

we're talking achievements again :proud: Di Matteo >>> Poshittino then. Ranieri > Poshittino as well. Sarri has a cup, Poshittino has nothing. If thats how you like to compare

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I'd have better memories of Rino if not for the stupid beef with kessie and bakayoko that helped with ruining our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.