The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I wonder who that second one was

Godin maybe? Makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet Godin, there was a lot of links between us and Godin around January.

Needless to say both players would've been perfect to bolster this squad.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Mandzukic off to Man Utd where Allegri will join.

Not needed at Milan say some rnb calcio experts
#cakcioknowledge

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Pirlo didn't even play one season. He missed most of the Scudetto season due to injury.
He shouldn't even be on the bench.

Yes, Pirlo's contribution to Milan from January 1, 2010 till he left during 2011 summer was worse than, say, Calhanoglu's in the last year and a half. Doesn't deserve even the bench.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Massimo Brambati: "Gattuso wanted 2 bosman players, Franck Ribery one of them."

To everyone who wanted to keep Gattuso and give him a fitting LW to work with:

And he wanted Lozano too.. :eek:
What a team that would have been. FU Gazidis.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
.....ibra...pato
ses....seedorf....MVB.......robinho
RRod....Silva....nesta......Calabria
......Donna...

Calabria over abate cause of milito trauma.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Well, Gazidis has evidently been hired with one of his tasks being the trimming of balance sheet before Elliott can sell the club. It's not his fault that we can't spend high millions in wages on multiple players.

Ride this out till the sale.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
One of those rare expert views on Milan that sounds logical and implies we are getting closer and closer to a sale: https://www.football-italia.net/145358/expert-milan-could-be-preparing-sale

I've posted this in the appropriate thread as well

Financial expert Luca Pagni suggests Milan’s record €145.9m losses are part of Elliott Management strategy to ‘clear’ the decks for a sale.

Eyebrows were raised when the club announced the balance sheet for the 2018-19 season had them running at an unprecedented loss.

However, the directors are not concerned and so MilanNews.it asked La Repubblica newspapers economic correspondent Pagni to explain the situation.

It is all part of the same strategy that saw the Rossoneri agree with UEFA to back out of the Europa League and try to wipe the slate clean in terms of Financial Fair Play.

“Considering the situation, they accelerated the clear-out of the balance sheet. If Milan had qualified for the Champions League, they would’ve had an extra €39m at least in revenue. With that money, everything would’ve changed and they probably would’ve decided to make a more conservative balance sheet, postponing this process.

“The big problem we see here is that the sponsorships have dropped and so has the overall revenue. So far, Ivan Gazidis has shown no progress on that front.

“On top of that, the cost of personnel has increased enormously with an extra €35m, a part of that going on the salaries of Gazidis, Leonardo and Paolo Maldini.

“So faced with this complicated situation, and the poor sporting results, they decided to accelerate the process by getting rid of all the dead weight in one go, including old contracts.

“I was frankly surprised Elliott didn’t do this in the last financial year, but as they had just arrived, it perhaps wasn’t possible. I am not saying that they will certainly sell in the short-term, but that evidently this is being done to make the club more appetising for a future buyer.

“Milan don’t have debts with banks, so in case of due diligence, the potential buyer would find a clean slate.”

Pagni also points out the Financial Fair Play problems could also be resolved with the aid of this ‘gap year.’

“If Milan qualify for a European tournament in 2020-21, they will aim for a Settlement Agreement and will be able to work out a plan without that €146m to consider in the next balance sheet.

“The positive for Milan fans is that they no longer have Silvio Berlusconi, who didn’t have any budget for the transfer market in the last few years. There’s no Yonghong Li, who at one point didn’t look like he could afford lunch and dinner on the same day.

“Elliott are solid owners. They are ambitious, according to them. Some have suggested it all revolves around the new San Siro stadium project and sponsors tied to that could enter into the club.

“I think it’s safe to say Elliott have something in mind, whether it’s a sale of the club or something to increase the revenue.”

Elliott Management were never meant to own Milan, but effectively repossessed the club when previous President Yonghong Li defaulted on payments for a loan he had used to purchase it from Berlusconi.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mandzukic is another overaged big name, could very well turn into an attack-Biglia. I’d rather have players below 30, at best below 27-28yo

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
I dont know, rather than signing this player or that player, our management could've get us a proven title-winning coach like wenger/mourinho :fp:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, Gazidis has evidently been hired with one of his tasks being the trimming of balance sheet before Elliott can sell the club. It's not his fault that we can't spend high millions in wages on multiple players.

Ride this out till the sale.

Yeah, sadly there is a bitter pil.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Fuck idiots who destroyed this club. Elliot and Gazidis is the best thing that happened to this club in many years. At least we have future now

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
At least RR is benched... 4 more and we are on the right path.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Fuck idiots who destroyed this club. Elliot and Gazidis is the best thing that happened to this club in many years. At least we have future now

:fp:
Go ask any Arsenal fan how they feel about Gazidis' tenure at their club. As for Elliott :rolleyes:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Go ask any Arsenal fan how they feel about Gazidis' tenure at their club. As for Elliott :rolleyes:

Who cares about Arsenal fans, what he does here is important. Gazidis feels like a really positive influence overall and in my opinion most of his decisions had an positive influence.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Milan team of the decade

Agazzi
Bonera-Onyewu-Zaccardo-Constant
Poli-Montolivo-Muntari
Cerci-Matri-Honda

Bench

Didac Vila
Alex
Traore
Aquilani
Bojan
Niang
Urby
Pazzini
Birsa
Saponara
Mastour
Menez
Amelia

Manager: Giampaolo
Assistant: Brocchi

My god it's been a long decade.

Thanks :( I had blocked out so many of these players :cry::cry:

TMW - Genoa thinks of Krunic: loan hypothesis in January
Rade Krunic out of Milan on a temporary basis. The midfielder arrived from Empoli could leave the Rossoneri on loan in the January session. The hypothesis of Genoa is taking shape, first contacts in progress. Krunic and Milan, the time for greetings may already have arrived ...

Necro ?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

We do?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
La Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Pioli is considering making a couple of changes to the attacking trident for the game against Lecce.

However, the same outlet reports that there is one certainty currently for Pioli and that is that Suso will start on the right.

https://sempremilan.com/gds-the-one-untouchable-player-in-milans-attack-under-pioli

Sounds like every coach has a Suso fetish. He'll get his renewal, stay here forever, never retire and earn millions while never being benched. Truly a cursed club.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Elliot and Gazidis is the best thing that happened to this club in many years. At least we have future now

giphy.gif

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
It's natural for the new coach to field Suso. However, the problem would be if he keeps fielding him.

I doubt Leao will stay then.

You cannot share playing time between Rebic, Piatek, Mandzukic and Leao in a 433.

lol why? Rebic can also play RW and I am sure Leao can assimilate to that position as well.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Imagine blaming everything thats wrong with a football squad on a single player like suso.

People that think we ll magically become good with him out of the starting xi

Id change the fullbacks and whole midfield before i bench suso

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's natural for the new coach to field Suso. However, the problem would be if he keeps fielding him.

lol why? Rebic can also play RW and I am sure Leao can assimilate to that position as well.

In the last Croatia match the official lineup showed Rebic on the right wing, but watching the match he was actually playing on the left with Perisic on the right. The lineup seemed to be be incorrect.

It seems Rebic just plays on the left or in the centre a 2nd striker.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Rebic is a LW and Leao might be able to adapt to the right wing but that doesn‘t mean it‘s a good idea. Such a prospect should stay in the positions he is used to (LW, CF)
I also fail to see the improvement that playing Piatek or Rebic instead of Suso brings (some benefit of doubt for Rebic though), non of them really rocks it at the moment.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Suso should be benched like the others at least for a try. Why it is so difficult to give a chance to another player on this spot is beyond God at Milan ?

It s like this guy is perfection in this team. One day we will know the truth behind this, maybe Bertolacci will tell us who is picking the starting XI at ACM

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Suso should be benched like the others at least for a try. Why it is so difficult to give a chance to another player on this spot is beyond God at Milan ?

It s like this guy is perfection in this team. One day we will know the truth behind this, maybe Bertolacci will tell us who is picking the starting XI at ACM

Suso donate 5 % of his salary to milan coaches

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Sad truth is. No one wants suso. Not even for 30 m

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Who cares about Arsenal fans, what he does here is important. Gazidis feels like a really positive influence overall and in my opinion most of his decisions had an positive influence.

F&M did a shit job at Inter
They come here and do....a shit job :eek:

Gazidis made moves that didn't benefit Arsenal on the pitch.
Our first loss under Ivan was losing Leonardo, who realized that our sporting ambitions are incredibly low now. Then we go on to hire an entry level n00b who has us in shit.

Hell even Gattuso isn't convinced.

Now we've hired a guy with a not much better record and are hoping that he'll turn into Capello .... I hope you are seeing a pattern here

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if already posted earlier, didn't see it:

Klose to Gazzetta dello Sport: “I am happy that Milan have trusted Pioli for the job. He deserves it. He is a fantastic man. He is the right man for the job especially when it’s a moment of difficulty. He’s got rare human qualities, he is a very honest person.”

“He [Pioli] confronts the problems in a very concrete way. He is frank, but very helpful. I am sure he will do well at Milan.”

Pioli is Kessie.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Suso on the wing is not that terrible, at least this part of the season. I'm more worried with Biglia starting and no Leao. I swear, if we lose that guy due to idiotic coach bias..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule