Asian cup in a month's time, U.A.E to win it all, fuck the haters
kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

anyways, discuss the 2nd best continent's football here
112hqmv.png

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
should have stuck with metsu after wining the gulf cup and ye might have had a chance. and yes i watched the gulf cup i watch all football even the j league (im also a fan of al ein)

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
should have stuck with metsu after wining the gulf cup and ye might have had a chance. and yes i watched the gulf cup i watch all football even the j league (im also a fan of al ein)

al ain???wuuutt!! gtfo:D

I support al wahda, fuck al ain:D(GREAT team circa 2000-2005 i'll give you that)

Metsu's tactics and selections were weird as fuck man, he won the gulf cup because of ismael matar<3 otherwise he didnt really do a good job with U.A.E.

bailed on us during the world cup qualifications where we stuck with that crap coach, katanec is SOO much better, he just took a RESERVE U.A.E team to the gulf cup and ended up in the semi finals where we lost to saudi arabia, thats more impressive than what metsu did IMO.

I'm really excited about U.A.E's future, under 20's doing great, we got the silver medal at the asian olympics(losing 1-0 to Japan in the final even though we dominated and hit the crossbar:cry:) won the under20 asian cup and quarter finals at the world youth cup, great stuff.:star:

even Iran's under 23 were impressive in the olympics, but too bad for them they ended up fourth.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
As much as I'd like to see Iran win the whole thing, South Korea and Japan have amazing infrastructures for developing talent.

Sage, how about adding a poll regarding who will win the Asian Cup or who people are rooting for.

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

112hqmv.png

lollll SIKEEE

Im trying to find a song by andy but I cant remember the name.
M84 you've probably heard it when you were younger. the main part of the song was like, daaa dada da da da IRAN !!!
oh well Ill ask my mom.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Iran to win it all :D

@ sage

uae better than Iran? lmao

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
al ain???wuuutt!! gtfo:D

I support al wahda, fuck al ain:D(GREAT team circa 2000-2005 i'll give you that)

Metsu's tactics and selections were weird as fuck man, he won the gulf cup because of ismael matar<3 otherwise he didnt really do a good job with U.A.E.

bailed on us during the world cup qualifications where we stuck with that crap coach, katanec is SOO much better, he just took a RESERVE U.A.E team to the gulf cup and ended up in the semi finals where we lost to saudi arabia, thats more impressive than what metsu did IMO.

I'm really excited about U.A.E's future, under 20's doing great, we got the silver medal at the asian olympics(losing 1-0 to Japan in the final even though we dominated and hit the crossbar:cry:) won the under20 asian cup and quarter finals at the world youth cup, great stuff.:star:

even Iran's under 23 were impressive in the olympics, but too bad for them they ended up fourth.

when i said fan i mean the team i liked most( i watched mainly due to my aljazeera subscription)i watched them when metsu and the serb(i think) dude won the asian champions league with them and the league cup as well.

al wahda arent they the purple team with the dude madar ismael or something like that, number 10 for uae good kid i liked him and the number 11 for uae.

i kinda stopped watching after metsu left but from what i learned he hasnt exactly done much with qatar, still like him though a good coach.

nice to hear the national team is doing good nowadays, hopefully they will do well in the cup.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
omg @ the amount of iranians in this thread, this is high school all over again :D

poll added.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Im trying to find a song by andy but I cant remember the name.
M84 you've probably heard it when you were younger. the main part of the song was like, daaa dada da da da IRAN !!!
oh well Ill ask my mom.

I used to have it on my ipod, lol

in other news:

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players

One of the better Football related Iranian songs.

Ali, I do kind of remember that song you're talking about. Didn't really know how to search for it on youtube though.

Man, group D is tough. I'm hoping North Korean players defect after Kim Jong Il humiliated them post world cup.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
when i said fan i mean the team i liked most( i watched mainly due to my aljazeera subscription)i watched them when metsu and the serb(i think) dude won the asian champions league with them and the league cup as well.

al wahda arent they the purple team with the dude madar ismael or something like that, number 10 for uae good kid i liked him and the number 11 for uae.

i kinda stopped watching after metsu left but from what i learned he hasnt exactly done much with qatar, still like him though a good coach.

nice to hear the national team is doing good nowadays, hopefully they will do well in the cup.

al wahda wear maroon, watch out for them in the club world cup(league champions enter the competetion since U.A.E are hosts) and if they suck just switch off the tv, dont bother:D

where are you from?

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AFC Asian Cup 1956-2011 Progress Chart

Table showing the top four positions in all the Asian Cup tournaments from 1956 to 2011

AFC_ASIA_CUP_1of2.JPG

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
oh no sod lod, the horror of the 1996 final :cry: F.U SAUDI!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
al wahda wear maroon, watch out for them in the club world cup(league champions enter the competetion since U.A.E are hosts) and if they suck just switch off the tv, dont bother:D

where are you from?

there in the club world cup!! didnt know that i will def check it out.i know they had huge rivalry with al ein.

irish but ive had the aljazeera sport package subscription for like 5+ years which is where i got my knowledge from.

israel was in the asian cup wtf??

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
oh no sod lod, the horror of the 1996 final :cry: F.U SAUDI!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

can you please give a summary report for each version of the tournament.
i.e best players best team best coach etc...... positive negatives .......
Best Goal ....

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
can you please give a summary report for each version of the tournament.
i.e best players best team best coach etc...... positive negatives .......
Best Goal ....

man...thats like forum homework:(

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry dude, just forget it; when you have time, please post some flashbacks, so we can have an interesting thread here and understand somethings.

woah woah woah, are you saying my thread is boring?:mad:

F.U SAUDI

Nesta_Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pirlo, Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Ballack, Pato, Mueller, Lahm, Maldini
kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

112hqmv.png

3rd best, I find South American football way more awesome

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
3rd best, I find South American football way more awesome

my thread, my opinion rules all:o

edit: oh yeah kalac, vote for the white people

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I would like to change my vote to South Korea. A shame i can't.

Also, FORZA North Korea. I'm joking, but never knew they were in the Asian Cup. My bad.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ahmadinejad nod fuels talk of Maradona coaching Iran
Source: Yahoo Sports off Reuters
Dec 6, 5:32 am EST

TEHRAN, Dec 6 (Reuters) - It takes little to fuel speculation about the career of Argentine soccer great Diego Maradona but one nod from President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was enough for a newspaper to report he is line to coach Iran.

“President Ahmadinejad: Maradona might be head coach of the national team,” read the headline splashed across the front page of Iranian daily Ebtekar on Monday, along with a large photograph of the World Cup winner.

Rumours have swirled in recent months of Maradona, who took Argentina to the quarter finals of this year’s World Cup, taking charge of an Iran side which last qualified for the tournament in 2006.

At a ceremony held to honour medal winners from the recent Asian Games in China, Ahmadinejad confirmed that Maradona was due to visit the Islamic Republic at some time in the future.

“When asked about reports of Maradona becoming Iran’s new head coach, he nodded his head,” the newspaper reported.

Maradona, 50, is an admirer of Cuban leader Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez, the fiery left-wing president of Venezuela who is a close ally of Iran, and has expressed his admiration of Ahmadinejad. All three are foes of the United States.

“I’ve already met Fidel and Chavez… now I need to meet your president. I’d like to meet Ahmadinejad,” he said in 2007 when he sent a signed soccer shirt as a gift to Iran.

A trip to China last month prompted local speculation that he might be heading there to coach the national team or a club.

Chances of this happening are obviously very low, but it's still intriguing.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'm incensed that India ain't in the poll. Not even an Others option.

Bob Houghton's boys FTW!

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
AFC Asian Cup starts coming Friday :)

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
asian cup starts tomorrow. dont worry no need to waste your time, Iran is going to win:D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
U.A.E just had 2 friendly games before the cup.

U.A.E 2-0 Syria

U.A.E 0-0 Australia

we hit the post towards the end of the australia game :head:

Judging from U.A.E's potential, they can easily reach the semi final, but the team is too young and lack experience compared to Iraq and Iran, so we can not qualify too because of the tricky group, anyways I hope for the best.

My favs to win the cup are Japan, followed by South Korea and Saudi Arabia.