Week 18: Derby della Madonnina - Milan (0) vs. Inter (1) - 15/01/12

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
That dude from Inter forum has one little problem that fanboys always suffer from : Not understanding football.

A good team is not a PERFECT team, no team is a perfect team, and especially at top level, between clubs like Milan-Inter-Juve-Barca-Madrid-Man U, the team that keeps his cool and makes less mistakes is gonna win.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Milan on a large-scale, there are a few things which are caused by lack of depth in sqaud, and maybe one or two tactical flaw, which are not that easy to overcome since real life is different from FIFA 12.

Milan has massively improved since Leo time, last night against Inter we were Barca and they were Madrid, two third of the game was played at Inter's side of the pitch, we held position much more, and when you play like this you should have extremely careful defenders because other team is playing for counter attacks and are praying for defenders to make a stupid mistake, which unfortunately for us Milan fans did happen.

Maybe if we had someone a little more trickier than Emanuelson for the CAM role, we'd score in first half and seal the deal.

So please everyone, don't feed me with lines of bullshit such as " Milan is in a big disaster" " there are so much things wrong with this team" or jokes like Allegri isn't good enough for this job.

I really like this team that we have right now, and we just need another semi-leader in attack for big games, since Ibra is gonna be heavily marked.

Our defense was good, the only couple of mistakes that we saw was a result of not playing for a long time (Abate, Nesta) and were absolutely no big deal.

Our attack only lacked some one who could make only one unstoppable,pass,cross,dribble or shot who could end the game. Emanuelson was much better than expected, but he is no Kaka.

The only 2 problems we have right now :1) the soap opera episodes that B&G are producing over Tevez and Pato. If they don't screw up team's morale and energy, then we are in for another good season.

2)lack of consistency in our line-up,season began with Cassano, was carried by Ibra and now we are heavily relying on Urby. If less of these damn injuries had happened, both Juve and Inter wouldn't win their games against us.

We are on the verge of turning into a big force, like Inter was @ 2010 or we were at 2003-04-05, a night-is-darkest-before-dawn phase if you will, and if management and players don't lose their minds and don't let frustrations get the better of them, and of course with addition of 2-3 players in transfer markets, this team will be a dominant force.

Finally a sane post. Unlike all the rants of "Oh we are fucked," "We are so shit," blah blah. Seriously some of the posts by the so called Milan fans (infact glory hunters) make me vomit. Mods need to do some kind of prescreening before allowing very tom dick and harry to come and post their bullshit against the team here. One loss and people are acting if the sky has fallen.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
jus back from milan, not gonna say anything bout the match as its all been said in past posts and im over it but my big question is wot was wrong with our ultras and our fans in general???

dont know if those of you who watched it on tv noticed but the ultras didnt sing any songs, there were two songs, the usual "ale ale ale ale milan ale...." and another i dont know but im pretty sure none of them were started by our ultras.

were they protesting?? wot was the problem, can any1 shed some light on this????

also i felt our Choreography was weak compared to merda.

Well match honestly was very boring.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
considering how much possession we had of the ball...it's bewildering that we could not score *sigh*

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
considering how much possession we had of the ball...it's bewildering that we could not score *sigh*

Midfield my friend. And later Galliani: "We are fine as we are".

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
Well match honestly was very boring.

yes but a boring match doesn't stop fans(ultras) from gettin behind thier team especially a fuckin Milan derby, also they weren't singin like usual b4 the game kicked off. Inter fans sang throughout the match, even wen the squads were being announced the stadium is usually goin krazy but last it was jus shit.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Zanneti, Samuel, Lucio and Chivu is the best defense line in the planet when they're motivated and physically well.

Playing against pussies like Ibra, Pato and Robinho isn't hard for them.

I insist that Milan need a Man in front of the mid.

Plus, as much as I like Boateng, I really don't think that he's the ideal AM for Milan and we definitely need a more skilled playmaker.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
That dude from Inter forum has one little problem that fanboys always suffer from : Not understanding football.

A good team is not a PERFECT team, no team is a perfect team, and especially at top level, between clubs like Milan-Inter-Juve-Barca-Madrid-Man U, the team that keeps his cool and makes less mistakes is gonna win.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Milan on a large-scale, there are a few things which are caused by lack of depth in sqaud, and maybe one or two tactical flaw, which are not that easy to overcome since real life is different from FIFA 12.

Milan has massively improved since Leo time, last night against Inter we were Barca and they were Madrid, two third of the game was played at Inter's side of the pitch, we held position much more, and when you play like this you should have extremely careful defenders because other team is playing for counter attacks and are praying for defenders to make a stupid mistake, which unfortunately for us Milan fans did happen.

Maybe if we had someone a little more trickier than Emanuelson for the CAM role, we'd score in first half and seal the deal.

So please everyone, don't feed me with lines of bullshit such as " Milan is in a big disaster" " there are so much things wrong with this team" or jokes like Allegri isn't good enough for this job.

I really like this team that we have right now, and we just need another semi-leader in attack for big games, since Ibra is gonna be heavily marked.

Our defense was good, the only couple of mistakes that we saw was a result of not playing for a long time (Abate, Nesta) and were absolutely no big deal.

Our attack only lacked some one who could make only one unstoppable,pass,cross,dribble or shot who could end the game. Emanuelson was much better than expected, but he is no Kaka.

The only 2 problems we have right now :1) the soap opera episodes that B&G are producing over Tevez and Pato. If they don't screw up team's morale and energy, then we are in for another good season.

2)lack of consistency in our line-up,season began with Cassano, was carried by Ibra and now we are heavily relying on Urby. If less of these damn injuries had happened, both Juve and Inter wouldn't win their games against us.

We are on the verge of turning into a big force, like Inter was @ 2010 or we were at 2003-04-05, a night-is-darkest-before-dawn phase if you will, and if management and players don't lose their minds and don't let frustrations get the better of them, and of course with addition of 2-3 players in transfer markets, this team will be a dominant force.

Very well put and my sentiments too.

frankf31

Forza Mailand!
Reaction score
one thing i forgot to mention about this game yesterday was the quality of referring. the ref was not calling every little thing and played a lot of advantage, made the game flow nicely. also not every decision i agreed with but they got most of them right.

i'm a ref myself and i think refs deserve credit when they do well. sometimes people only discuss them when they feel like bashing them.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
some dickwad from inter forum had the nerve to post this wtf:

That is because firstly Allegri is not a first class tactician. He never was and never will be. Only in the mind of a Milanista would such an average coach be considered decent. Look who Allegri has faced with us when he won. Benitez, Leonardo, and Gasperini. None of them are them are shining tacticians truthfully, however out of the three. I respect Leonardo the most, because he atleast tried and gave the team drive, however in football that is never enough. I can only hope Milans managment remain deluded and they allow the weak points to fester and continue to rust. They won a Scudetto off of Zlatans shoulders, and we have also won titles off of Zlatan as well, we know the benefits and downfalls of relying on one strong player. We know what he is about, sometimes he turns up, sometimes he doesn't. When he turns up he can punish you.

Milan is such a poor side, with magnanimous deficiencies all over the park. The wing backs, the midfield, the strikers except Ibra who runs hot and cold; yet they are somehow deluded this Milan team can win a Champions League.

Even I am not so foolish to believe this particular version of Inter could somehow snatch European silverware, too many variables, too many things would need to fall into place to repair the trauma.

However focusing on the derby, my emotions have subsided. Don't get me wrong I am ecstatic we won, be this team can beat this Milan side by four clear goals, but I suppose, Ranieri wants to take things conservatively. I am once again very very disappointed in Rickys performance, but all can be forgiven. We won, however, he could have done so much better. If not for Abates fuck up ( which is expected as I have said before he is NOT and never will be World Class ), its difficult to see where the goal would come, maybe a set piece.

I don't hate Milan, but because they beat us three times on the trot, their arrogance level has sky rocketed. Its good to humble them.

I am glad Wesley is back, and now we can field and even stronger squad and we can do good things this year.

What an idiot. :fp:

Agree 1000 %, haven't read a better post in a while.

one thing i forgot to mention about this game yesterday was the quality of referring. the ref was not calling every little thing and played a lot of advantage, made the game flow nicely. also not every decision i agreed with but they got most of them right.

i'm a ref myself and i think refs deserve credit when they do well. sometimes people only discuss them when they feel like bashing them.

Fuck the referees. They're the evil thing of football.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I think we did a fine game. Credits to Ranieri.. that owns us again.

Inter played with 2 lines pratically inside the box.. pure true.. Mark Van Bommel had our best chance in the first half.. coz ours strikers couldnt played with so many inter players in there. Pato and Ibra tried. Allegri mistake was not put boateng closer to the box.. or inside the box.

In the second half Robinho tried some times break Inter lines.. but ranieri fixed blocking him.. Seedorf tried some shoots from outside.. was the only way..

We lose because of a individual mistake.. mediocre players will always fail when u need them most.. if u have that type of players in your team.. this could happen.. sadly, we have a mediocre keeper and 2 mediocres fullbacks.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Inter played like Ranieri always does in big games, no matter which club he trains: He played like Siena would play vs. Barcelona.

That win was more luck than anything else. We played very bad and still were the better team. That says alot about this Inter. It was sad day, but after they season we we can laugh about it (and Inter).

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Inter played like Ranieri always does in big games, no matter which club he trains: He played like Siena would play vs. Barcelona.

That win was more luck than anything else. We played very bad and still were the better team. That says alot about this Inter. It was sad day, but after they season we we can laugh about it (and Inter).

Ranieri is becoming annoying at san siro for us.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Rino, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo
Too bad for Abate, he's a great player but yesterday he really fucked up.

Doesn't matter people, next derby will be ours, same with the Scudetto.

Forza Abate! Forza Milan!

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
In light of what happened, I think a moment of silence for Novara might be in order.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I didnt see the game so cant comment but from the highlights it was a clear mistake by Abate for their goal.

It's always hard to lose a Derby but at least Juve dropped points as well.

3 points against Novara are equal to 3 points against Inter so we must pick ourselves up and carry on.

Forza Milan!!!!!

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I completely agree with this dude 200%, everything he said was spot on.

I noe most of his points were quite right, but I just couldnt stand a rival fan criticizing our beloved club. I noe we have a few deficiencies in our line up, I just hope B and G do something about this asap. We need better wingbacks (lb), onr DM and one AM. Our attack is fine I dunno what that dude was on, we clearly do have the best attack although,tevez would be a decent addition.

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
It can. united won 3 years back if i remember, even after losing twice to liverpool , twice to chelsea and once to arsenal.

It was dumb of me to say.
What I should have said was that we certainly wouldn't be making it easier for ourselves by giving up games to other title contenders.

I'm not too confident of how this team will perform this coming February. I feel it's going to be hell.

Reaction score
I wish we had Cassano in that derby :(

neither lionel messi would help ya, you sucked and at least be fair enough to admit it. Sure we had some problems at the begining of the season, but sweety, I have a news for you, Inter is back, you like it or not, we are back honey, and guess what are we aiming for? yep, you guessed, its scudetto :) and we aint no merda team, imagine if we were, well what it makes you then? being beaten by us? :D

Reaction score

somebody should reveal you a secret man, you were not (and still aint) better team. if you were, with all your ball posession and your better performance (as you think) you would have win. and dont blame it on poor abate anymore, we would have scored anyway. besides, take a loss as a man and stop whining about one mistake. you sucked (you still do by my opinion) and you deserved not to win. simple as that

voom

Banned
Reaction score
somebody should reveal you a secret man, you were not (and still aint) better team. if you were, with all your ball posession and your better performance (as you think) you would have win. and dont blame it on poor abate anymore, we would have scored anyway
. besides, take a loss as a man and stop whining about one mistake. you sucked (you still do by my opinion) and you deserved not to win. simple as that

:fp:You must be thankful to Abate and his mistake.You played like cowards and that is the truth.Anyway I congatulate you for the win.But in second leg Inter must show to their fans something more than parking the bus in front of their goal,and then we will see.Also dont forget that you are below us at the moment.You win the battle,but you need more to win the war.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
They won the first battle, There is one duel left and the final standings are what counts the most.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
They won the first battle, There is one duel left and the final standings are what counts the most.

I would sign right now,if it's up to lose two derby's or to win scudetto i would choose scudetto of course.

Schedule