CL: AC Milan 0-1 Atletico Madrid - 19/02/2014

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
You are gonna hate that Diego Costa shithead even more if you see this :

Fuck Pepe and Ramos. They're probably the dirtiest players in Europe, they can go fuck themselves. However, I love how they hug after the match and it's like nothing happened during the game, respect.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OK, I am in a minority here but:

I never thought I'd live to see the day where AC Milan could not beat Atletico Madrid at the San Siro .And people would be trying taking positives from a loss to them.

I don't care about "we should of , or could of were better than" we did not beat them! That's the sad fact.

The thought that years ago everything was better is so typical for us Milan-Supporters, but it's also human.… so I don't blame you for that because it happens to everyone :-).

Even when we won CL in 2007 everyone said how bad we play and how much better it was in 2005 and and and… today, we talk about how bad we are today and how much better we were in 2007. let's see how we will talk in 5 years about 2014 ;-).

Okay, this season has been in deed awful as hell no one denies. But - even in 2005 or 2006 - sometimes it's okay to say: well, the performance was good but we were unlucky. There are moments and matches you can say: fuck the performance we lost at the end! But not now. Guys, the game isn't over yet! We still can qualify and with a performance like yesterday and a bit more luck we will!

Only if we won't qualify you can look back at this game and say: fuck the performance we should have won. But the best thing we can do NOW is to focus on the positive things in that match and keep the faith.!

Forza Milan!

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
They had no tactic or of they did had a failed one. Are we gonna suggest their tactic was to sit deep and allow man goals scoring opportunities.or perhaps their tactic was for courtois to make outstanding saves. They sat back for the draw and we had them on the back foot.we should have been at least 2 maybe 3 up at half time and then everyone would have bagged the tactic. Even if we drew 0-0 we would still need to go Madrid and get a goal so nothing changes. Hopefully we get the job done

mummila

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The thought that years ago everything was better is so typical for us Milan-Supporters, but it's also human.… so I don't blame you for that because it happens to everyone :-).

Even when we won CL in 2007 everyone said how bad we play and how much better it was in 2005 and and and… today, we talk about how bad we are today and how much better we were in 2007. let's see how we will talk in 5 years about 2014 ;-).

Okay, this season has been in deed awful as hell no one denies. But - even in 2005 or 2006 - sometimes it's okay to say: well, the performance was good but we were unlucky. There are moments and matches you can say: fuck the performance we lost at the end! But not now. Guys, the game isn't over yet! We still can qualify and with a performance like yesterday and a bit more luck we will!

Only if we won't qualify you can look back at this game and say: fuck the performance we should have won. But the best thing we can do NOW is to focus on the positive things in that match and keep the faith.!

Forza Milan!

haha.. true :thumbsup:

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope in second leg, someone breaks this Diego Costa shitface's legs. Both and as hard as they can. Bones must stick out. Thats not a football player. Thats just plain and simple idiot. Worse of the worse.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Bg5f6iUCQAA38_z.png:large

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly what formation did we play yesterday?
Taarabt was constantly on the right, so was Poli but he was dropping centrally to help Essien out a lot, and Kaka played centrally too just behind Balo. It worked very nice, kudos to Seedorf. We couldn't keep the intensity for more than 60-65 mins but that's understandable with NOONE on the bench except for Pazzo.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly what formation did we play yesterday?
Taarabt was constantly on the right, so was Poli but he was dropping centrally to help Essien out a lot, and Kaka played centrally too just behind Balo. It worked very nice, kudos to Seedorf. We couldn't keep the intensity for more than 60-65 mins but that's understandable with NOONE on the bench except for Pazzo.

I was pretty sure we played 4-4-1-1. It is not about intensity but about energy. Our team was dead after the 50th minute.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
This season we are jinxed, how can you be so unlucky with results, injuries, and that every fucking opponents gk make their perfomance of their carrier against just milan.

We are jinxed this season and nothing goes our way. :fp:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Now, I thought we played the best half of football under Seedorf in the first half, but while the 2nd half progressed, I realized we were playing right into Simeone's game plan. We went right into what they wanted, we carried the weight in the first half, team was showing signs of being tired, they started putting pressure on top, causing mistakes from the defense, which had zero defensive support from the midfield by the second half and it was pretty disjointed. Boom, they score on us through a set piece.

It was text book of many other matches with italian teams winning while the team that looked "pretty", felt they could do more, and deserved more (like for example, Ajax some months ago, being most recent one, but history is filled with those games), and the italian team was the dirty one that won because of a dumb set piece, and a lot of dirty play.

Atletico were tactically superior, and if we want to have a chance to beat them, Clarence has to be up for Simeone's game (and that will take some experience and trying to risk instead of playing it to what he feels its ok, which is hard for a young coach getting a team in the middle of the season). If he is, we could snatch it (sure players deficiencies could cost us, but at least we could have a chance).

Actually, this game reminded me a lot of a Milan Inter in early 2010, at least the feeling I had. Many other times I felt the players weren't up for it, or our coach made wrong moves, wrong set up, or just simply the other team was much better than us....but that time and this time, the feeling is more on one coach owning the other one.

Last edited:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This season we are jinxed, how can you be so unlucky with results, injuries, and that every fucking opponents gk make their perfomance of their carrier against just milan.

injuries arent exclusive to this year. excluding last season milans players getting injured at a ridiculous rate has been going on for half a decade now

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan fans are slowly becoming a failure themselves as the crap management that runs the club are

We are now happy with home loses against teams like A. Madrid

Just a few years ago that would have been unthinkable

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
OK, I am in a minority here but:

I never thought I'd live to see the day where AC Milan could not beat Atletico Madrid at the San Siro .And people would be trying taking positives from a loss to them.

I don't care about "we should of , or could of were better than" we did not beat them! That's the sad fact.

Considering we couldn't beat Sassulo away I would not think we can beat Atletico (who have been really good at home BTW) away.

This is an instant where I'd LOVE to be proved wrong BTW!

+1000

Fans seem to be taking positives from this game:fp:.

incredible

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score

This is wats so frustrating. Even tho we are a 10th pLACE TEAM, OUR HISTORY MAKES A TARGET for all other teams. Beat Milan and your season is a success.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
+1000

Fans seem to be taking positives from this game:fp:.

incredible

In a few years things can change a lot

wake up dude and stop living in the past

because you sound like an old fart

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
is stephan ready for the 2nd leg?

no, around the next round he'll be back, but he would still need time to get in shape

Taarake

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We should have won 2-1 plain and simple, very unlucky result. Madrid will play better in the second leg, sadly i only see us getting a draw there.

Hope Seedorf manages to surprise me though, he keeps improving the team greatly with each game.

I am very optimistic because we lost 0-1 . Imagine if we won 2-1 we would play regrouped in the back and will loose like we lost against Napolshit 3-1 after we scored early. Now we will go to attack as we have no other choice and that will take away the pressure on the players ....It will work better...We will surprise them by scoring 2 or 3 goals this time...

I am very optimistic and excited about it. Milan with the players we have right now in attack doesn't know how to defend but is a genius attacker and 3 weeks will be enough for El Sha/Balotelli/Taarabt/Kaka to gel, and these are 4 players that are unpredictable and can score at any time. Atleticoshit don't have that genius.

Taarake

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think that Seedorf's plan is to get Taarabt used to the right wing, although it is not his favorite side but he has proven to be good at that wing. So he plays El Sha at the left wing.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
i was really sad to see them lose this game...it was a shame

and now 2 new injuries...such bad luck

Said

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Milan fans are slowly becoming a failure themselves as the crap management that runs the club are

We are now happy with home loses against teams like A. Madrid

Just a few years ago that would have been unthinkable

how about you stop living in the past, this isnt 2005 anymore, we dont have a world class squad .. we dont even reach the semi's nowadays ... for fucks sake we dont even finish top 3 anymore ... our best defender is a free transfer player (no disrespect to rami he can be world class tho)

and ur comment about "teams like a. madrid"

really dude? stop living in the 90's ... a. madrid are a top team in spain nowadays ... they are title contenders .. if u havent noticed, serie a's level of football has significantly dropped in the last 6 years ... spain has alot of world class players, even at clubs like valencia, sevilla and atletico madrid, shit even bilbao had world cup winners like Lloriente.

wake up and smell the coffee dude ..

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
It was a great game, we always looked menacing with our attacks and having Poli as utility man worked for most of the time.

Unfortunately, that other time? Yea..that was due to Atletico mangaing holding off...and some of their "luck" with the woodwork.

Still, out of all the home teams that has lost in UCL, we definitely can turn odds. The rest can go fuck themselves.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
BhUYq1CCMAAkrUj.png:large

That were the techniques that seedo has used in the first lig; I hope he repeats them as it is the best for us.

Schedule