Casciavit
Reaction score
Another week, another torch to carry.

hellas-verona-v-ac-milan-serie-a-5d7e9fbdcbf9f7238d000001.jpg

Let's go.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I feel we gonna win this. Last time we were the "favourites" but we ended up losing 3-2 ..i am confident that we can make a big game and win this.
Piatek and Suso to score

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For me it depends on the lineup.

If we gonna start rr, biglia, borini, samu it could turn real ugly.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
For me it depends on the lineup.

If we gonna start rr, biglia, borini, samu it could turn real ugly.

RR will definetly start..i dont think they will start Theo from the 1st minute in the derby after he didnt got any minutes in the first 3 games

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
The probabline line up:

Donnarumma

Conti - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Kessie - Biglia - Calhanoglu

Suso - Rebic

Piatek

Watch out for:

GP reverting back to 4-3-3, a formation the team have experience with.

Paqueta starting, although the chances are slim to none.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The probabline line up:

Donnarumma

Suso - Rebic

Piatek

Watch out for:

This is not good enough.

Loosing patience with gp fast.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Please:

Gigio
Conti - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Hernandez
Kessie - Bennacer - Calhanoglu
Suso - Rebic
Piatek

Worried about Conti, that scandal of a red card should've been overturned. I would have started Musacchio at RB but we can't unleash Duarte in the derby. Also afraid that starting Conti will mean Rodriguez, which effectively paralyzes our left side.

Hope to see Leao and Krunic for Piatek and Kessie in the second half.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Borini at right back?

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
The probabline line up:

Donnarumma

Suso - Rebic

Piatek

Watch out for:

probably starting 11 yeah
but it is already 433 so..

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
I woke up today so hyped for this game. Forza Milan, Forza Capitano, Forza IL PISTOLERO, Can't wait to sing that PUM PUM PUM PUM !

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it will almost certainly be a 433 like the second half at Verona, with Rebic on the left. No way we play ultra-narrow against this Inter. This would actually be a great game to play Leao, maybe at the hour mark while asking Piatek to press their central CB intensely all game and making sure there's no easy pass to their central midfield. Leao on the break with Rebic is a lot more threatening than Piatek, especially late in the game.

We'll have to defend in a 4141 block with Rebic on the left and Suso on the right, Gattuso style. Anything else is suicide. Maybe the return fixture we can try to play our game and try to dominate the midfield and press high, but now is not the time. Play it safe Giampaolo and build on Gattuso for now.

Conti needs to grab this chance. Huge opportunity for him. With Kessie and hopefully Suso close by as an outball he should have some help.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Conti is an attacking wingback, he’ll do well if Kessie and Bennacer can cover for him.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It's going to be a very interesting game tactically. The key battle I think will be between Rebic and Candreva. Rebic can persistently find space behind Candreva and I don't think Godin is well suited to defend this. If Candreva over commits and tries to press Rodriguez, then Rebic will find a lot of space on the left side. Rodriguez is pretty press resistance, for all his faults. So his job would be to resist Candreva and somehow find the ball, probably through Bennacer to Rebic who would then be free. On the other side I think the strategy would be to let Suso and their fear of him to force Asamoah to be dragged inside, which would give space for Conti to attack on the outside. So Rodriguez will mostly stay very very deep all the time, also to be the spare man so Lukaku and Lautaro don't find themsleves 2v2. Conti will only attack when there's space outside Suso, and then it becomes a race between him and Asamoah. So we attack wide with Rebic and Conti, not Rodriguez. Candreva needs to keep an eye on Rebic while also press Rodriguez, so his job is very difficult. Hope he tires himself

When we're defending it should be a Gattuso style 4141. Extremely narrow, pushing them wide where we can double up on their wingbacks. Bennacer needs to make sure Lautaro doesn't find space between the lines. The idea is to cede possession to their CB's and make sure Piatek is always tracking Brozovic and making sure he doesn't have a way through the middle.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I think it will almost certainly be a 433 like the second half at Verona, with Rebic on the left. No way we play ultra-narrow against this Inter. This would actually be a great game to play Leao, maybe at the hour mark while asking Piatek to press their central CB intensely all game and making sure there's no easy pass to their central midfield. Leao on the break with Rebic is a lot more threatening than Piatek, especially late in the game.

We'll have to defend in a 4141 block with Rebic on the left and Suso on the right, Gattuso style. Anything else is suicide. Maybe the return fixture we can try to play our game and try to dominate the midfield and press high, but now is not the time. Play it safe Giampaolo and build on Gattuso for now.

Conti needs to grab this chance. Huge opportunity for him. With Kessie and hopefully Suso close by as an outball he should have some help.

Pressing, blocking, defending are all fine when we don't have possession, but we need solutions when we do get possession. This is the home derby after all.

Piatek dropping deep for the ball is something I still hope to see. If they continue to play 3-4-2-1, I consider the 2 guys who'd sit back in the midfield Inter's weakest link, whether that's Broz-Barella or Broz-Gagliardini. If Piatek can move cleverly in that annoying position between the CBs and these two midfielders (almost like Vecino did against Milan last year), we will get openings for Hakan, Rebic and Suso to move forward.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pressing, blocking, defending are all fine when we don't have possession, but we need solutions when we do get possession. This is the home derby after all.

Piatek dropping deep for the ball is something I still hope to see. If they continue to play 3-4-2-1, I consider the 2 guys who'd sit back in the midfield Inter's weakest link, whether that's Broz-Barella or Broz-Gagliardini. If Piatek can move cleverly in that annoying position between the CBs and these two midfielders (almost like Vecino did against Milan last year), we will get openings for Hakan, Rebic and Suso to move forward.

Vecino still giving me nightmares from that day. Insane how much space he had behind Bakayoko...

Well, when we attack it will be all Suso, no? No other way. Cut inside and hope to find Rebic or Piatek.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's going to be a very interesting game tactically. The key battle I think will be between Rebic and Candreva. Rebic can persistently find space behind Candreva and I don't think Godin is well suited to defend this. If Candreva over commits and tries to press Rodriguez, then Rebic will find a lot of space on the left side. Rodriguez is pretty press resistance, for all his faults. So his job would be to resist Candreva and somehow find the ball, probably through Bennacer to Rebic who would then be free. On the other side I think the strategy would be to let Suso and their fear of him to force Asamoah to be dragged inside, which would give space for Conti to attack on the outside. So Rodriguez will mostly stay very very deep all the time, also to be the spare man so Lukaku and Lautaro don't find themsleves 2v2. Conti will only attack when there's space outside Suso, and then it becomes a race between him and Asamoah. So we attack wide with Rebic and Conti, not Rodriguez. Candreva needs to keep an eye on Rebic while also press Rodriguez, so his job is very difficult. Hope he tires himself

Moving the attack wide early on will not work well for us, we would be playing Inter in their own game and we are much worse at it. We need to build the attack through narrow channels, crowd their midfield and then utilize the wide positions that our attackers could hopefully take up.

Also, Inter I think is more likely to stick to the 3-4-2-1 they used against Udine, with Sensi and Politano playing behind Lukaku. Midfield will be Brozovic and Barella or Gagliardini.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, when we attack it will be all Suso, no? No other way. Cut inside and hope to find Rebic or Piatek.

That would be disastrous and we can sign off on a defeat already. I don't think we signed Giampaolo to stick to that give the ball to Suso and hope mode.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I don't see GP starting both Conti and Theo, RR has been solid so he'll surely start. Conti or Borini is probably a toss-up at the moment.

Definitely need Bennacer for the additional work rate and to move the ball forward fast and Rebic's speed, power and directness will be invaluable.

Hopefully the extra few days to prepare pay off.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
i dont think theo will start

starting line-up will be

----------------piatek
-------rebic--------------suso
calhanoglu--bennacer----kessie
rodriguez--roma--musacchio--conti
---------------gigio

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inter really struggled to press a Udinese team that stayed narrow with 3 midfielders, I wouldn't think a 4141 would work well particularly because Inter will look to cut through the lines. I expect to see them building off Lukaku with Lautaro or Sensi on the overlap cutting through. I think we need to congest the middle to push them out wide, wingers playing deeper than usual and build off triangles with the closest midfielder.

I genuinely believe Hakan and Kessie will start for that reason, and expect them to be driving the attack

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
If Hakan and Kessie can stay in the zone, we can play Theo and Conti that will be strong signal that ACM are ready to play attacking football. In that case Suso will be the key in distribution.
But GP will probably play safe so RR will start, So no Theo, and again Kessie will be the SS as usual and Conti will be dead.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
We will need a big performance from Kessie defensively if Suso and Conti are making up the rest of the right side.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't see GP starting both Conti and Theo, RR has been solid so he'll surely start. Conti or Borini is probably a toss-up at the moment.

Definitely need Bennacer for the additional work rate and to move the ball forward fast and Rebic's speed, power and directness will be invaluable.

Hopefully the extra few days to prepare pay off.

Rebic's power is a good point. I was pleasantly surprised by his physical stature on the pitch which does turn off defenders a bit. He could utilize that to his advantage against Candreva.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really hope Rebic can hold the ball better, not right to judge him based on 45 minutes in the last game, but he gave the ball away alot leading to counters. I wonder if GP is considering that...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He played exactly like a player plays when he hasn't trained enough with his teammates. It'll only get better.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
------------Gigio------------

Conti---Musa------Romag----Theo

------Kessie---------Bennacer------

Suso-------Paqueta---------Rebic

-------------Tek9-------------------

What do u think about this 4-2-3-1?

---------Gigio---------

Conti---Musa---Romag----Theo

---------Bennacer-------------

Suso----Hakan---Paqueta----Rebic

----------Tek9------------------
Or this 4-1-4-1?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
------------Gigio------------

Conti---Musa------Romag----Theo

------Kessie---------Bennacer------

Suso-------Paqueta---------Rebic

-------------Tek9-------------------

What do u think about this 4-2-3-1?

---------Gigio---------

Conti---Musa---Romag----Theo

---------Bennacer-------------

Suso----Hakan---Paqueta----Rebic

----------Tek9------------------
Or this 4-1-4-1?

Both will be dysfunctional, with Suso in the passenger seat.

That 4141 lineup is just an unbalanced 433.

A highpressing 4231 with Hakan, Rebic, Samu/Borini behind Piatek might be alright though. Or the regular 433 without Suso. I hope to see one of them against Inter.