CL round of 16 1st leg: AC Milan (2) vs Barcelona (0): 20/02/2013

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nobody make notice of facts that now we can make HEADINGS of the ball aganst Barca!!! Normal I dont thinik pazzini is great start but vs Barcelona he may be key to score 2-3 goals because if we play with de sciglio, constant, urby guys like this who know how crossing maybe pazzini can get head to the ball and score!!!!
This is very impoertant factor to think about because it can be weakness of Barcelona and we need to practice this all the time and have player who know how to cross to do this.

Good strategy, but check this:

15 matches in Serie A - "AC Milan are the only side of this competition yet to score a headed goal."

Constantpated

Banned
Reaction score

15 matches in Serie A - "AC Milan are the only side of this competition yet to score a headed goal."

this statistic crazy because we have player who can cross and yepes and pazzini and pato (injure) and boateng and mexes so this is crazy. we have to make practice and do this to win!

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

understood an excellent point we have been dismal when scoring from corners or headers but stranger things have happened on european nights especially in the CL all depends on the day Pazzo or Niang could be effective as targets but only if the counter attacking and crossing is good enough.

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
Are players we get in january eligible to play in cl?

If so, we will se how serious Generalissimo Berlusconi takes this competition by who we go after.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Are players we get in january eligible to play in cl?

If so, we will se how serious Generalissimo Berlusconi takes this competition by who we go after.

I believe that each team can at most make 3 changes to the list when the registration resumes.

Of course, there are other restrictions for players who have played CL or EL.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You are wrong, we had (Nocerino) It was a gift from Torino's goalie, but still a headed goal. Yepes too, against Reggina though.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
1-0 here,0-0 there, all the world raging how we killed beautiful football.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You are wrong, we had (Nocerino) It was a gift from Torino's goalie, but still a headed goal. Yepes too, against Reggina though.

He is right. Nocerino's header was in 16th week. Yepes' header was in Coppa.

What he said was "15 matches into the Serie A season".

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
1-0 here,0-0 there, all the world raging how we killed beautiful football.

nope 0-0 / 0-0 in 90 minutes.. one header in the extra time ala ajax:D 2 send off bartha for diving :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
can we put this into the first post??

428861_480238365352275_244091107_n.jpg

credits
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=1593376&postcount=1355

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
LA77 GONNA SHUT YO DOWN!!!

I wish we had Thiago Silva and Ibra and an in form SeS - seriously we would KNOCK THEM OUT OF THE FUCKIN CL!!!

:lol:

Seriously, the presssure is on Barca, not us :proud:

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

The stats is before match against Torino ;)

He is right. Nocerino's header was in 16th week. Yepes' header was in Coppa.

What he said was "15 matches into the Serie A season".

Thanks!

Yoda

Jedi Master
Reaction score
LA77 GONNA SHUT YO DOWN!!!

I wish we had Thiago Silva and Ibra and an in form SeS - seriously we would KNOCK THEM OUT OF THE FUCKIN CL!!!

:lol:

Seriously, the presssure is on Barca, not us :proud:

underdog role suits us this season. As long as the team comes out as focused and intense as they did against Juve, I like our chances. Good motivation to take Barca out.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Barca Play Madrid 3 days before our game I heard???

Sergio Ramos needs to hurt some motherfucking Midgets!!

Edit: Nah we play them on the second week, Spewing still a broken leg would slow Messi down a bit. :p

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
I'm hoping we dont get that much of an ass whooping. I woke up this morning hoping we draw psg or an easier team, but i almost broke my laptop when it said barcelona.

I honestly cant imagine moral after this game.

AnTakTau

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Borriello, Abate, Pato, Akinfeev, El Shaarawy
is de jong available for barca?

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
is de jong available for barca?

No but we can use Ambro (rest him in the serie a game that week) :) I am wondering if Noce is good enough as the third midfielder and if 4-3-3 is the way to go? .

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
u guys remember LA77 vs Barca first leg? epic defending. :proud:

hopefully Horse Dick will inherit his legacy.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
No but we can use Ambro (rest him in the serie a game that week) :) I am wondering if Noce is good enough as the third midfielder and if 4-3-3 is the way to go? .

The blasphemy in this post is unbearable. Is Nocerino good enough? Of course he's good enough. If Nocerino is not in the starting line up vs. Barca, I don't know what I would do. Can't wait for him to score against them again.

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto

I think we should 4-5-1 with fast wingers... could turn into a 4-3-3 but the wingers should have a hardcore defensive workrate (ses-boa)...
And I think our 3 man MF if no one arrives should be muntar-ambro-montolivo

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
The blasphemy in this post is unbearable. Is Nocerino good enough? Of course he's good enough. If Nocerino is not in the starting line up vs. Barca, I don't know what I would do. Can't wait for him to score against them again.

Yeah but we lost two games vs barca inspite of having Nesta and Tsilva. With a weaker defence i would rather have muntari start who can provide better defensive workrate.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
we need to call Pippo up and get him registered for this game

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Isn't Montolivo suspended for the first game or something?

Schedule