Alessio Romagnoli Thread

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
It was Miha who started the Nesta comparisons. He said our Roma was like Nesta but with more technique.

Also Nesta is Alessio's idol and he's been trying to emulate him since he moved to defence from midfield as a youth. He chose no. 13 with Nesta in mind.

Nesta himself has praised our Ale.

But yes, of course it can be over-done.

❤️

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ffs sake who even wrote that he is a wc player already? What people are saying is that he has the potentials to be a world class defender which is 100p true

when you compare him to WC defender or even suggesting that even WC defenders has bad games(so he is allowed to have them) you imply that he is.

and every defender is WC potential if you think about it, but you don't hype them or be a fanboy till they prove it, which he didn't even come close to it.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So, since he is not a world class defender, he isn't allowed to have a bad game?

lool, he has alot of bad games, i was hoping for once see a good game of his, considering the fanboy base he has in this forum who is treating him as a god of defense while he is average at best.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
So, since he is not a world class defender, he isn't allowed to have a bad game?

He is allowed to have multiple bad games, but my problem with him is, that he never had a really great game.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
when you compare him to WC defender or even suggesting that even WC defenders has bad games(so he is allowed to have them) you imply that he is.

and every defender is WC potential if you think about it, but you don't hype them or be a fanboy till they prove it, which he didn't even come close to it.

No ONE said he is wc so stop mentioning that every damn time.

Romagnoli is not all about potentials now, you could say that in his first season at sampdoria. Now he is a reliable good defender, who can't be benched. He is the modern defender, in a time where building-up play from the back is equally important as defending.

-- and yes he is allowed to have bad games since he just turned 22. And he is not even close to his prime. He had a lot of good games this season, but people like you didn't notice that since he was overshadowed by paletta.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He said our Roma was like Nesta but with more technique.

pvXCtP5.gif

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
No ONE said he is wc so stop mentioning that every damn time.

Romagnoli is not all about potentials now, you could say that in his first season at sampdoria. Now he is a reliable good defender, who can't be benched. He is the modern defender, in a time where building-up play from the back is equally important as defending.

-- and yes he is allowed to have bad games since he just turned 22. And he is not even close to his prime. He had a lot of good games this season, but people like you didn't notice that since he was overshadowed by paletta.
Don't even bother to argue with haters.

Romagnoli has all the qualities required in a modern defender, he just doesn't tackle as much as Paletta. But a great man once said - "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake."

He's too young and inexperienced to lead our defence, and we need to sign an experienced CB who can mentor him. But I think we can be more than happy with how he has performed this season.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
romagnoli is the top tackling centre back in europe according to whoscored. A tally of 18 tackles is modest as a result, but he’s committed just 1 foul and been dribbled past on only three occasions.

cxjdyevxcaaarwj.jpg

"if i have to make a tackle then i have already made a mistake."

k

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
another off game from the great Roma against Udinese, how he lost zapata at the end of the game is really something admirable that every defender should learn from.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Romagnoli has all the qualities required in a modern defender, he just doesn't tackle as much as Paletta. But a great man once said - "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake."

He's too young and inexperienced to lead our defence, and we need to sign an experienced CB who can mentor him. But I think we can be more than happy with how he has performed this season.

:thumbsup:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Ummm maybe the fact that he didn't play due to suspension has something to do with it?

Still, he could've been more visible in the stands...:D

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
too weak too short...
but he has skill thou

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli playing left back today and played alright, he knows he's not Nesta, his hair is irrelevant.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Stop with the hate ffs. 21 year old who's rated as one of the top young prospects in Europe starts playing just okay and gets spat on, some posters on this forum make me sick honestly. We have so many injuries in the midfield so he and Paletta have little to no protection and they still put in decent performances. Kids going to be special and special doesn't have to be Nesta, he will be the most important piece to our defence for years to come.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stop with the hate ffs. 21 year old who's rated as one of the top young prospects in Europe starts playing just okay and gets spat on, some posters on this forum make me sick honestly. We have so many injuries in the midfield so he and Paletta have little to no protection and they still put in decent performances. Kids going to be special and special doesn't have to be Nesta, he will be the most important piece to our defence for years to come.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Get well soon, dearest Ale! ❤️

Is there any update on his injury yet?