The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With the confrontation that took place today between Marco Giampaolo and Lucas Paquetà, in the presence of Maldini and Massara, the controversy over the Instagram story of the Verdeoro, which had proudly claimed its Brazilian origins, ended. According to what has been learned from the editorial staff of MilanNews.it, in fact, Milan will not fine the 1997 class nor will it take other measures.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Extremely low quality controversy

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What the fuck did Giampaolo think was going to happen?

If you tell Salah to be less Egyptian, or Lewandowski to be less Polish, or Pogba to be less French, etc etc what do you think anyone will do? You're insulting their country, even if the gist of the comment is to be more disciplined or whatever, the reality is you don't need to bring someone's country into it.

Plus, Italy is in probably the worst place, talent-wise, it's ever been. There's no attacking talent, no Del Piero, no Totti, no Vieri, no Pippo, no Baggio, nothing. Balotelli was the last great talent, but whether he was given the chance or not to be that, but he didn't blossom to where his talent could have gotten him. Point is, current Italy rely on Insigne while praying Chiesa can grow because it seems like Bernadeschi is just good, but not great.

Giampaolo is making terrible choice after terrible choice. It's getting on my nerves.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
What the fuck did Giampaolo think was going to happen?

If you tell Salah to be less Egyptian, or Lewandowski to be less Polish, or Pogba to be less French, etc etc what do you think anyone will do? You're insulting their country, even if the gist of the comment is to be more disciplined or whatever, the reality is you don't need to bring someone's country into it.

Plus, Italy is in probably the worst place, talent-wise, it's ever been. There's no attacking talent, no Del Piero, no Totti, no Vieri, no Pippo, no Baggio, nothing. Balotelli was the last great talent, but whether he was given the chance or not to be that, but he didn't blossom to where his talent could have gotten him. Point is, current Italy rely on Insigne while praying Chiesa can grow because it seems like Bernadeschi is just good, but not great.

Giampaolo is making terrible choice after terrible choice. It's getting on my nerves.

Yeah, the less brazilian comment is poorly thought out. No wonder the kid is going to be upset.

Biglia is getting a bonus for being bland

He's white people chicken.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Im dying of sun burn

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Its funny because why would a Milan coach say that when our history includes Kaka, all three R's, Pato, Dida, Cafu and Serghino :lol:

Ah well - lesson for both and hopefully we move forward more positively.

"Too Brazilian" is a nicer way of saying he shouldn't put style over substance, and he's still playing at the slow tempo of the Brazilian league.
I do think that Giampaolo should avoid criticizing his players publically after just arriving though.

All those outfielders you mentioned were attackers or wingbacks. They have a different reality to CMs.
All the successful Brazilian CMs/DMs of the last decade are known for their no-nonsense style. Fernandinho, Gustavo, Paulinho, Fabinho, Allan, Casemiro, etc.

Paqueta as an advanced mid shouldn't be expected to chase players like the DMs(Casemiro), of course, but he could learn a thing or two from Paulinho's effective B2B style. Leave some of the joga bonito for more off-ball movement/runs. Adapt to the higher tempo.
He also needs to improve his passing to deserve that spot ahead of a more conventional B2B mid.

That's a lot to improve on. Not sure he's capable of it though, to be honest.

How is it Gattuso figures out how to play Paqueta but this tactical genius Giampaolo can’t?

Because Giampaolo has higher expectations of the mezz'ali.

I don't like Giampaolo as a coach at all, but let's not pretend that Paqueta was great last season. He was of no help at all in the last games. The team did better while he was suspended.

Hakan is the better LCM for now.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
"Too Brazilian" is a nicer way of saying he shouldn't put style over substance, and he's still playing at the slow tempo of the Brazilian league.

I do think that Giampaolo should avoid criticizing his players publically after just arriving though.

All those outfielders you mentioned were attackers or wingbacks. They have a different reality to CMs.

All the successful Brazilian CMs/DMs of the last decade are known for their no-nonsense style. Fernandinho, Gustavo, Paulinho, Fabinho, Allan, Casemiro, etc.

Paqueta as an advanced mid shouldn't be expected to chase players like the DMs(Casemiro), of course, but he could learn a thing or two from Paulinho's effective B2B style. Leave some of the joga bonito for more off-ball movement/runs. Adapt to the higher tempo.

He also needs to improve his passing to deserve that spot ahead of a more conventional B2B mid.

That's a lot to improve on. Not sure he's capable of it though, to be honest.

Because Giampaolo has higher expectations of the mezz'ali.

I don't like Giampaolo as a coach at all, but let's not pretend that Paqueta was great last season. He was of no help at all in the last games. The team did better while he was suspended.

Hakan is the better LCM for now.

Perfectly well said

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My issue with Giampaolo is how he's handling his players. If he went to the press and said: "I love Paqueta, I just think he needs to learn a little bit more, and be more disciplined." Or something like that, cool, fine. I don't like it when coaches criticize their players publicly, unless necessary, and this wasn't necessary.

Paqueta needs more space. It's why I don't see him as a CAM, at least not when Suso is not doing his job as an SS, because with Suso as this RW, instead of SS, it means that Paqueta can be covered more easily.

Paqueta has talent. Piatek has talent. This team has talent. Kessie, Bennacer, and Hakan all have talent. It's up to the coach to bring it out of them.

Man management is a huge part of the game. I fear that Giampaolo doesn't get this, or at least, he wasn't prepared for the pressure that comes with taking over Milan.

I hope that he gets it right against Inter. That game can be won if he actually uses what he has.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
we as a human being are emotional. It was a situation in a game Paqueta was not happy about, and that’s completely normal.
like Yoko & Rino, Kepa & Sarri....
After a week this issue will be gone.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we as a human being are emotional. It was a situation in a game Paqueta was not happy about, and that’s completely normal.
like Yoko & Rino, Kepa & Sarri....
After a week this issue will be gone.

kepa and yoko acted out, paqueta is literally like wtf is this guy talking about

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just some classic Italian xenophobia is all.

Couldn’t be less impressed with GP so far.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Things that would have gone unnoticed at Sampdoria or Empoli will not to be taken as lightly at a club like Milan.
I hope Giampaolo learned his lesson. This is a much more stressful environment than at those minnow clubs. He can't just say anything he wants publicly

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Y'all better pray that MR doesn't all of a sudden waltz back in here and starts bombarding this thread with posts like: "Imagine thinking that Milan won't wipe the floor with Inter on Saturday."
All hope will be lost for certain

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last year, Giampaolo went on two runs with Samp, one to start the season before a three-game skin, then another revival, before settling into being mediocre.

He was being talked up at the start of last season, and he was able to sink back. I don't think he really grasps the microscope that he's under. Milan not be what it once was, but the pressure and expectations are still there.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
when results don't come + bad play, the only lifeline coaches have is player support.

those "we are 100% behind the coach" statements make the whole difference.

so far we've scrapped 1-0 wins vs newly promoted while playing stale football + 1 loss to an inferior team , and the fixture list is going to get harder.

unless his "ideas" start showing very soon on the way the team plays + results, i doubt he'll really get that support undivided support from the group during those difficult times.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
According to reports from Sky Sport 24, Giampaolo today spoke in public and in private to Lucas Paquetà, following the story on Instagram of the young soccer player, who said he was proud to feel himself a Brazilian (referring to the words of Giampaolo after the success on Verona). The Abruzzese coach explained to the former Flamengo player that those sentences were aimed at making him a fixed point and a complete player.

Is it possible that GP is just an Inter-spy trying to destroy Milan slowly and piece by piece? The guy is just pulling one mistake after another, on and off the field.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Y'all better pray that MR doesn't all of a sudden waltz back in here and starts bombarding this thread with posts like: "Imagine thinking that Milan won't wipe the floor with Inter on Saturday."

:fp: i can hear him say it

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
just like a lot of people confuse speed and acceleration, i confused "playing attacking football" with being Progressive and open minded...
i'm stunned by the conservatism and stubbornness.

in the end it's about results...if he gets it ...then "the end justify the means" i guess.
i'll give the man his time to work

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Would some here sack GP after a derby lose?

Depends on the lose id say

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Would some here sack GP after a derby lose?

Depends on the lose id say

So 4 games into the season, a coach with a playing system to implement needs to be sacked. With 2 cleans sheets and 6 points.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
According to reports from Sky Sport 24, Giampaolo today spoke in public and in private to Lucas Paquetà, following the story on Instagram of the young soccer player, who said he was proud to feel himself a Brazilian (referring to the words of Giampaolo after the success on Verona). The Abruzzese coach explained to the former Flamengo player that those sentences were aimed at making him a fixed point and a complete player.

With each day passing, it becomes more and more evident that GP is not a PR trained manager.

I won't put all the blame on him though, as he's only been at Empoli and Sampdoria, where he only speaks to the local media. And he's an old man, so in all fairness, he most likely won't care about what he says.

Maldini and/or Boban must quickly intervene to give him a 101 on this matter. Because bombs could be launched in the post-match Derby interview, which could provoke the squad even more.

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.