Week 06: Sampdoria vs Milan - Sunday 24/09/2017 12:30 CET

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I'd like to rest some player, but this is not the game where we should do that. Sampdoria are tough as hell at home

12:30 kickoff time :fp: I don't remember the last time we won a game with that kickoff time

Donnarumma
Musacchio - Bonucci - Romagnoli
Abate - Kessie - Biglia - Bonaventura - Rodriguez
Suso - Kalinic

Andiamoooooooooo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Maradona
Calabria - Kessie - Biglia - Bonaventura - Rodriguez
Silva - Kalinic

Hard ass match honestly. This is the match that should show us how far we are as a team.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Hakan should definitely start over Bonaventura. Bona really looks rusty right now.

Suso or Silva or Cutrone? None of them an assured first pick for the second forward position.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
---king kali-- susinho
-------hakan
RR--biglia---kessie--calabria
-------R.B.M

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Hakan should definitely start over Bonaventura. Bona really looks rusty right now.

Suso or Silva or Cutrone? None of them an assured first pick for the second forward position.

Yeah I agree that hakan should start. But I believe Montella has been rotating a lot lately. While I want Silva and hakan to start, my money is on bonaventura and Suso.

Also I'm not certain on romagnoli fitness, he played the last 2 games.

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hi, i am the new guy and this is my first post.

I wish the best for all of you and ac milan.
About this game i think this a crucial game. After lazio game second statement game of the season. So no rotation should be done. Midweek in europa league game we can start with subs. We are a new team and need time but we should show our strength and make statement here. Losing not the end, draw normal result but winning will give so much confidence

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
This one is incredibly important. Only teams I can see lose points is Torino or Jube depending on their game, all others including us are favored. Also it'd be good to have some peace of mind with 3 points here before heading into our much harder games afterwards.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yeah I agree that hakan should start. But I believe Montella has been rotating a lot lately. While I want Silva and hakan to start, my money is on bonaventura and Suso.

Also I'm not certain on romagnoli fitness, he played the last 2 games.

Romagnoli looked pretty fine. CBs should be able to take this schedule really. I'd worry about rotating other parts of the team.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Silva over any of them. Has the highest potential, and suits our team better than any of them.

Suso will just be played out of position, and we can't afford to wait for him to learn these things in a official match.

Cutrone had a good start, but let's be serious he is no where near first 11 material.

Quan

Primavera
Reaction score
Suso was just plain bad in the last two games, I don't think he will be good in this new position of his, he is so slow and doesn't make him self available.

I really wish Montella will not field him in this match, so that's leave us with Silva or Cutrone.

Sliva still didn't get used to Seria A still. Cutrone still raw.

It's tough game and I hope the manager makes the right choices.

Win please.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

, aren't you also the guy who said borini should definitely start at the begin of the season and he should be getting called for the NT?.

anyway i don't get the Hakan hype, i mean other than the farmers game where he was very good , he hardly did anything that indicates that he should start, in fact he did nothing good in serie a and was the worst player (not among the worst but absolute worst) in both game he started, and it is not like anybody watched him play before so that they know his potential, we only know that he can kick FK's, and even that we hardly saw in our milan.

as for Bona, at least we know he can be a beast in seria a(his 3 years at milan proves that) so i would really invest playing time in a player i know he can deliver once he is fit and get match time than investing time in a player that could or could not deliver and not showing much in seria a to make that he should start.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Silva over any of them. Has the highest potential, and suits our team better than any of them.

Suso will just be played out of position, and we can't afford to wait for him to learn these things in a official match.

Cutrone had a good start, but let's be serious he is no where near first 11 material.

I'd probably go for Silva as well (it's a risk since he still instinctively goes for the ball and does not attack without the ball nearly enough) since he's getting better with each match, and is the likeliest goal threat between the three of them.

But I feel Montella will go for Suso.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli looked pretty fine. CBs should be able to take this schedule really. I'd worry about rotating other parts of the team.

He looked a bit tired toward the end. He missed some preseason so that might be a reason.
It looks like Montella wants to give the lateral CBs some rotation, hence Zapata getting minutes.
Should be one of our winter/summer mercato-goals to get some of the deadwood CBs out and get a high quality 4th center back to rotate with our 3 starting CBs.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
This is going to be a big test for us, would give a good indication of how much progress the team has made.

I would like to see Hakan and Suso start. Bona has more experience than Hakan, but he doesn't look fit, needs more time to attain match fitness and adapt to the team.

Suso hasn't looked comfortable in his new position, but I think it's just a matter of time till he gets going, one can always expect Suso to produce a moment of magic, even if the team isn't playing well.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is going to be a big test for us, would give a good indication of how much progress the team has made.

I would like to see Hakan and Suso start. Bona has more experience than Hakan, but he doesn't look fit, needs more time to attain match fitness and adapt to the team.

Suso hasn't looked comfortable in his new position, but I think it's just a matter of time till he gets going, one can always expect Suso to produce a moment of magic, even if the team isn't playing well.

I actually think Suso has done ok when playing behind a striker. It's not easy to be surrounded by so many players but still manage to release a good ball. It'll take time for him to be as good in this as he was out on the right, but he's doing better than what most people are saying.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
We really should consider a 3-4-3

Hakan - Kalinic - Suso
RR - Biglia - Kessie - Abate/Calabria
Romagnoli-Bonucci-Mussachio
Donnarumma

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Hakan/Bona to play for 3rd cm and Karinic - Sirva to play up front. Suso needs to adapt to a new position and new behaviour. He needs to work on his decisions more, he is playing like he can do whatever the hell he wants, he really needs to be more disciplined and more for the team.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
12:30 kickoff time :fp: I don't remember the last time we won a game with that kickoff time

Against Viola away in 12/13 season? Yes, we have piss poor record for noon kickoff, not feeling great about this match 😔

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Feels nice to have such decent depth. We went from the fodders of the world to debating whether Silva or Suso should start, or Hakan or Bona.

Feels good.

NoPoliNoParty

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi lads, first post in a while but been a very busy time.

Anyway, I'm relatively pleased with our start to the season. What has plagued us in recent years is not picking up points in games where we are sub-standard. This season (so far, with the exception of Lazio where we were generally dire) that hasn't been the case. Four wins out of five, I'm excited, aren't you excited?!

Samp away is a game we could do without in such a compacted stretch of games. Giampaolo has them playing well and they're a different proposition to last season in my opinion. I'd take a continuation in the trend and another 1-0 win though ;)

Donnarumma
Abate - Kessie - Biglia - Calhanoglu - Rodriguez
Suso - Kalinic

That would by my XI. Forza Milan!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Field the best line up possible, there's an EL game on thursday. He can rest all the players later.

3-5-2

Donna

Mustang Bonucci Romangoli

Abate Kessie Biglia Hakan RR

Silva Kalinic

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Field the best line up possible, there's an EL game on thursday. He can rest all the players later.

3-5-2

Donna

Silva Kalinic

I think it will be Suso Kalinic. We'll need more numbers in midfield and Suso would help out more than Andre Silva. Samp play a narrow 4312 so one more body in midfield is crucial.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
suso is playing badly atm, he can start the EL game.

Parcae

Beginner
Reaction score
So one of the things that has been worrying me is that, every season, our best players from the previous year have flopped.

Inzaghi's best players were Menez, De Jong and Diego Lopez. All three flopped under Miha.

Miha looked to be in range of the CL until Niang got injured. Bacca was also quite good that year. Both flopped under Montella.

This year, the keys to our offense from the previous season, Suso and Jack, have been quite poor. I hope that they manage to break the cycle as the season progresses.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
So one of the things that has been worrying me is that, every season, our best players from the previous year have flopped.

Inzaghi's best players were Menez, De Jong and Diego Lopez. All three flopped under Miha.

Miha looked to be in range of the CL until Niang got injured. Bacca was also quite good that year. Both flopped under Montella.

This year, the keys to our offense from the previous season, Suso and Jack, have been quite poor. I hope that they manage to break the cycle as the season progresses.

Relax

Suso is being shit because HE SHOULD BE SHIT when trying out a new position. Ppl forget that Jack was shit in his first two games or so as a permanent LM after moving from the left wing....it takes time.

Also Jack is shit atm because he was injured.

Time...the team isn't going to hit full stride till December...could take longer if Montella keeps rotating this extensively.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Relax

Suso is being shit because HE SHOULD BE SHIT when trying out a new position. Ppl forget that Jack was shit in his first two games or so as a permanent LM after moving from the left wing....it takes time.

Also Jack is shit atm because he was injured.

Time...the team isn't going to hit full stride till December...could take longer if Montella keeps rotating this extensively.

Not much of a choice with 2 games a week

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score

3-5-2

Donna

Silva Kalinic

Agree
This is our best XI atm

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio

3-5-2

Donna

Silva Kalinic

:thumbsup:

While every game is important we have some big ones coming up after this, so it's crucial to enter those under the best possible circumstances, which would be without any unnecessary pressure coming from a Samp loss.