Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
It is confirmed!

Netherlands legend and former Chelsea FC, Newcastle United FC and Feyenoord coach Ruud Gullit, 45, is to lead Major League Soccer team Los Angeles Galaxy, the home of David Beckham. A club statement read: "Ruud Gullit was one of the best players of his generation. Now he will take over the vacant head coaching position with the Los Angeles Galaxy, officially on Friday."

source : uefa.com

Congrats to the Black Tulip!

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
gaizka22 said:
It is confirmed!

Netherlands legend and former Chelsea FC, Newcastle United FC and Feyenoord coach Ruud Gullit, 45, is to lead Major League Soccer team Los Angeles Galaxy, the home of David Beckham. A club statement read: "Ruud Gullit was one of the best players of his generation. Now he will take over the vacant head coaching position with the Los Angeles Galaxy, officially on Friday."

You know what comes up on my TV screen!!!
DUTCH AND INTER<!!!> legend Gullit to take over LA Galaxy.
hmmmph.
they got the wrong milan.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
gaizka22 said:
Rest in peace. He was intrumental for Milan in the 50s. Didn't he later coached the side to won the Scudetto in 79?
Indeed. He was also the tactician that orchestrated a great period for Roma as well. He was at the helm for the 2nd of only 3 scudetti and managed them to their only Euro Cup final, which they lost.

Since I am too young to have known him as a player, what is to be seen and read of him makes me give this man insurmountable respect. He was a true athlete from all accounts and also possessed tremendous ball skill. Sounds to me like a Rino/Rijkaard mix....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
gaizka22 said:
It is confirmed!

Il Tulipo Nero as he was called with Milan. He goes to the country where a fall out saw him miss the 94 world cup. That Dutch team could have used him vs. Brasil in the QF of that tourney.

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
sheva is in Chelsea.. as far as i know :) :) :)

p.s missing him in Milan :D :D :D :) :)

Tarantulla

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zorro
did somebody asked about him?? or you are answering to yourself :head:
P.S. I guess nobody will ask for him in this thread cause he even don't belong here, maybe we should open Traitor thread and than he will be in top list.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Tarantulla said:
did somebody asked about him?? or you are answering to yourself :head:
P.S. I guess nobody will ask for him in this thread cause he even don't belong here, maybe we should open Traitor thread and than he will be in top list.

don`t mention that traitor. It still hurts :head:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
So I don't know where to ask this (but I'm planning on opening a thread of Milan history were we can discuss about old games, our first game as a Milan fan, etc, that is, if you guys are willing to contribute). I was watching youtube the other day, when we beat Madrid 5-0, and there was this video of a minute of silence that was made to conmemorate the memory of Liverpool fans that were killed (I think it was vs Sheffield), btw a classy move by our fans to sing "You'll never walk alone" in that moment,...so why was the minute of silence was held in the middle of the game?

And to not be too OT, does anyone know what happened to Colombo?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
crazy4milan said:
So I don't know where to ask this (but I'm planning on opening a thread of Milan history were we can discuss about old games, our first game as a Milan fan, etc, that is, if you guys are willing to contribute).
Totally agree, I was thinking about it some few days ago. I believe many of us here are always willing to learn something new about this beloved club. Contribution can be made by everybody.

crazy4milan said:
I was watching youtube the other day, when we beat Madrid 5-0, and there was this video of a minute of silence that was made to conmemorate the memory of Liverpool fans that were killed (I think it was vs Sheffield), btw a classy move by our fans to sing "You'll never walk alone" in that moment,...so why was the minute of silence was held in the middle of the game?
I believe it was days after the Hillsbrough (correct spelling?) incident. Have no idea why the one minute silence was made in the middle of the game but IMO it was more effective than having it before the game so that everybody will really be drawn to it.

I read in some forums how that one minute silence was highly appreciated by Lpool fans.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I read the latest issue of Four Four Two magazine and at the last page they have a section where famous ex-players can list down their dream team. On this edition, it was Ruud Gullit's turn.

His dream team
Schmeichel
Manfred Kaltz (West Germany)- Baresi - Desailly - Maldini
One player - Rijkaard - Kaka - Maradona
Cruyff - Van Basten

6 Milan players out of 11 :)

dee_pee

Beginner
Reaction score
giovani galli

galli (if i'm not mistaken) was milan GK when winning champion tittle 1988..where was he now? i've never herd him....and where's eranio and ganz right now? :conf:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
dee_pee said:
galli (if i'm not mistaken) was milan GK when winning champion tittle 1988..where was he now? i've never herd him....and where's eranio and ganz right now? :conf:

Giovani Galli:
He currently works as scout for Fiorentina, and as a TV and radio commentator.

dee_pee

Beginner
Reaction score
milan history

crazy4milan said:
So I don't know where to ask this (but I'm planning on opening a thread of Milan history were we can discuss about old games, our first game as a Milan fan, etc, that is, if you guys are willing to contribute). I was watching youtube the other day, when we beat Madrid 5-0, and there was this video of a minute of silence that was made to conmemorate the memory of Liverpool fans that were killed (I think it was vs Sheffield), btw a classy move by our fans to sing "You'll never walk alone" in that moment,...so why was the minute of silence was held in the middle of the game?

And to not be too OT, does anyone know what happened to Colombo?

it will be a nice topic...bring past milan memories and great achievement;;

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Vogel Leaves Real Betis

Johann Vogel has left Real Betis by mutual consent following a miserable 16-month spell at the club.

The 30-year-old midfielder signed for the Seville-based squad in August 2006 from AC Milan, in a deal that saw Brazilian striker Ricardo Oliveira move the other way.

After playing 17 times last season, Vogel had not even made a single appearance this time around.

He was also in the process of suing the club over unpaid wages owed to him, before today’s announcement.

Vogel is now being tipped to move to the English Premiership with Everton, a club who were very interested in signing him during the summer.

The schemer has represented the Swiss international team on 94 occasions, and made his debut way back in 1995.

He played at the European Championships of 1996 and 2004, as well as last summer’s World Cup in Germany, when the Swiss were eliminated in the second round on penalties by Ukraine, despite not conceding a goal in the tournament.

(Goal.com)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dhorasoo announces retirement
Saturday 29 December, 2007
Former Milan and Livorno midfielder Vikash Dhorasoo has decided to retire from football at the age of 34.

The temperamental midfielder terminated his contract with Livorno by mutual consent earlier this season without making an appearance for the Tuscans.

The French international had been struggling for fitness and he reacted angrily to Coach Giancarlo Camolese’s request that he train with the Primavera youth side.

After spells at Le Havre, Bordeaux and Lyon, Dhorasoo earned a call to the San Siro in 2004-05, but he failed to shine in a Milan jersey and returned to Ligue 1 with PSG.

Following his unsuccessful return to Serie A at the Stadio Armando Picchi, the Indo-Mauritian talent refused a chance to re-launch himself at Second Division French outfit Grenoble and opted instead to hang up his boots. (Ch.4)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Vikashia has called it a day. Time to start being a cinema producer now I suppose.

fazrulx2n

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, kaka, gattuso
anyone knows where's jose antonio chamot now?

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
fazrulx2n said:
anyone knows where's jose antonio chamot now?

last i heard he was playin for and argentine side i think he retired last season but i know nothing for sure

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Borriello is in Genoa, scoring goals.
Oli is in Zaragoza, scoring goals.

I wonder if we'll see either of them back at Milan next season.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo Fan said:
Borriello is in Genoa, scoring goals.
Oli is in Zaragoza, scoring goals.

I wonder if we'll see either of them back at Milan next season.
I don't think Oliveira will be back anytime soon. Boriello has a better chance since Milan still owns him.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
+ We will never sell Oliveira with the same price we bough him.

Zaragoza has a 10 Milion euro buy-option, and they had to pay 2 milion euros for one year loan deal, which means If Zaragoza decides to get him, we'll be on 3 milion euro loss.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Besfort said:
+ We will never sell Oliveira with the same price we bough him.

Zaragoza has a 10 Milion euro buy-option, and they had to pay 2 milion euros for one year loan deal, which means If Zaragoza decides to get him, we'll be on 3 milion euro loss.

That's likely. We overpaid for him so we can't expect to recoup all of what we paid for him.

Borriello didn't exactly suck at Milan. He was 4th striker so its not as if we counted on him numerous times and he didn't deliver at all, like Oli. I can see him coming back next season in a 4th/5th striker role depending on if we end up buying a striker or not.