Cesare Maldini Thread

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Here's where to discuss Cesare and anything he has to say.

cmaldini2.jpg

The Maldini family name has been indelibly linked to the A.C. Milan story since the 1954/55 season when Cesare became part of the Rossoneri defense after playing for Triestina. First he was a right back but soon he made the move into the heart fo the defence and eventually played as a sweeper for the club where he won his first UEFA Champions League as a captain in the 1963. He had great technique and stood out from many of his team mates for his class on the ball and ability to read the game. He won a UEFA Champions League, four League Titles and a Latin Cup. After his career as a footballer he went on to become a club an international coach.

PERSONAL DETAILS
Date of birth: 1932-02-05
Place of birth: Trieste
Role: Defender

DEBUT AND CAREER
Date of debut 1954-09-19
Match debut Milan-Triestina 4-0
Competition debut Serie A
Serie A appearances 347
Goals in Serie A 3
Total appearances 412
Total goals 3

TEAMS
As a player
Triestina
Milan
Torino

As a coach
Foggia
Ternana
Parma
Italia - Under 21
Italia
Milan
Paraguay

HONORS WON
4 League Titles (1954/55, 1956/57, 1958/59, 1961/62)
1 UEFA Champions League (1962/63)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Coach of Milan - Inter 6-0. :)

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldinis
San Paolo, Milanello, Pippo Mio, The Surgeon, Don Meowingtons, Whimsical Wally, etc.

I have no idea who those guys are. You've obviously mistaken me with someone else. I chose San Paolo because that was the only way I could keep my username in mind, given than I have a blog with the same name. I may have gone with Milanello, but I would never use Pippo Mio. I'm not one of Pippo's fans. The others don't make sense to me at all. Don't go around accusing people when you don't have enough information.

Fiero

Reaction score
I have no idea who those guys are. You've obviously mistaken me with someone else. I chose San Paolo because that was the only way I could keep my username in mind, given than I have a blog with the same name. I may have gone with Milanello, but I would never use Pippo Mio. I'm not one of Pippo's fans. The others don't make sense to me at all. Don't go around accusing people when you don't have enough information.

Is your name Anthony? Are you from Australia?

And sorry if I accused you wrongly. It's just that we have a user named Anthony from Australia who adores Maldini/types in a way similar to you and had created all these previous accounts. And his account Milanello was previously named San Paolo so I was suspicious. :D

Sorry I guess if I was wrong.

David & supermods: Pretty sure you know the above information already, so why isn't he (Anthony) banned?!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldinis
Is your name Anthony? Are you from Australia?

And sorry if I accused you wrongly. It's just that we have a user named Anthony from Australia who adores Maldini/types in a way similar to you and had created all these previous accounts. And his account Milanello was previously named San Paolo so I was suspicious. :D

Sorry I guess if I was wrong.

David & supermods: Pretty sure you know the above information already, so why isn't he (Anthony) banned?!

I don't know about this Anthony guy, but last I checked I was a girl.:D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I love this guy, he's the best pundit on al jazeera + he's so unbiased. :thumbsup:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
San Paolo, Milanello, Pippo Mio, The Surgeon, Don Meowingtons, Whimsical Wally, etc.

The Surgeon is real

He was the writer for the Genoa Offiside blog

Don Meowingtons was just a plain troll with a fetish for Seedorf bigger than Senatore's :lol:

Fiero

Reaction score
The Surgeon is real

He was the writer for the Genoa Offiside blog

Don Meowingtons was just a plain troll with a fetish for Seedorf bigger than Senatore's :lol:

He was real. And his name was Anthony. Which is the same real name of Milanello (San Paolo in the past) and both accounts are from Australia.

Plus all of the above mentioned accounts use the same writing style. As a bonus, the fav players list of Pippo Mio was the same as Milanello's old fav player list: Maldini, Pippo, Zola, Chiesa, etc.

They're all the same person yet none of the accounts is banned which is weird. Pretty sure David and the supermods are aware of this as even I know they're all him. :lol:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
He was real. And his name was Anthony. Which is the same real name of Milanello (San Paolo in the past) and both accounts are from Australia.

Plus all of the above mentioned accounts use the same writing style. As a bonus, the fav players list of Pippo Mio was the same as Milanello's old fav player list: Maldini, Pippo, Zola, Chiesa, etc.

They're all the same person yet none of the accounts is banned which is weird. Pretty sure David and the supermods are aware of this as even I know they're all him. :lol:

So you are telling me that David and the mods, who can actually confirm if the accounts are real or not, are wrong and you, who is at best hypothesing (correct word?) are correct?

Look up the Genoa Offside Blog. The Surgeon is a pretty decent guy and nothing like the clown Don Meowingtons (who I think is from England to beginwith). Don't know about the others so can't comment

Fiero

Reaction score
So you are telling me that David and the mods, who can actually confirm if the accounts are real or not, are wrong and you, who is at best hypothesing (correct word?) are correct?

Look up the Genoa Offside Blog. The Surgeon is a pretty decent guy and nothing like the clown Don Meowingtons (who I think is from England to beginwith). Don't know about the others so can't comment

I'm not saying David is wrong as he didn't confirm or deny the allegations. :tongue: I'm just saying it's weird they ignore it.

I read the Genoa Offside Blog and I can guarantee 100% The Surgeon is the same guy behind the accounts of Milanello (San Paolo previously) and Pippo Mio. He used to be a regular member with the Milanello (San Paolo) account before and it's well known that he's name is Anthony and is from Australia. And on the Genoa blog he mentioned that he was a Milan fan named Anthony from Australia...

The other 2 are guesses from me. :D And I think he created them just for trolling, hence why he acts weird. But they're the same writing type and his attempts at humor/wit. Could be wrong on Don Mewo/Whimsical Wally. But guaranteed Milanello = Pippo Mio = The Surgeon.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I love this guy, he's the best pundit on al jazeera + he's so unbiased. :thumbsup:

I love this guy, but not because of his analytical skills, they just suck, and are completely biased, he is very old school, he still think football is being played like in the 70s, but thats why I like him, I think he is amusing and funny, half the time he doesnt know what he is talking about... plus he wears white sneakers with his suit! :cool:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
80 years young! Hope you had a great birthday Cesare!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!

anybody know which number he played for? or was is changing for every match?
always wondered this.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
510598153.jpg

426930_10150514018691949_22069831948_9137204_685349958_n.jpg

403220_10150514031751949_1730858051_n.jpg

Can't help you jammin, but back in the dy shirtnumbers were given for position on the formation rather than player/name.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
True and

omar-sivori-e-cesare-maldini-juventus-e-milan_3763083_550x413.jpg

ohh and I love this badge :D
Cesare-Maldini-MIlan-1961.jpg

and Lololololollll @ this :D
296785393_6c39c93e53_o.jpg

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score