Problems + Suggestions

Who's Mr. D? Which theory do we believe in?

• Total voters

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
I never understood why people give out so much personal info here. The more anonymous you are, the greater chance your football opinions are taken seriously. The more people know about you, the more open you are to ad hominem attacks and lame attempts to get under your skin.

Ashish, mad props for coming back and acting like a man rather than some drama queen.
very true

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I never understood why people give out so much personal info here. The more anonymous you are, the greater chance your football opinions are taken seriously. The more people know about you, the more open you are to ad hominem attacks and lame attempts to get under your skin.

Ashish, mad props for coming back and acting like a man rather than some drama queen.

Equally, anybody resorting to personal digs or insults on a forum are seriously fucking sad.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

does anyone take anyone seriously here??

Dalilah

Primavera
Reaction score

:star::star::star::star::star:

does anyone take anyone seriously here??

Parallel worlds: those who want buzz and those who want football.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
welcome back Anshish, was waiting to know whether you finally stay for more than a day here before welcoming you :D:D:D:D

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
And welcome back ashish & good for the forum that captain ****** is banned.
fucking right.

Anyway I just think maybe people should be more careful when throwing around gay jokes around kuja. hey its funny as hell, but if hes indeed gay and we should assume he is, it could sound hurtful. In other occasions not.:)

+1

hey heres a real suggestion. can the forum have the option of rating peoples posts? I know some other forums have this option; it would be good if you can rate good posts and negatively rate bad posts, it would create a good picture of who is a good or bad poster.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
+1

hey heres a real suggestion. can the forum have the option of rating peoples posts? I know some other forums have this option; it would be good if you can rate good posts and negatively rate bad posts, it would create a good picture of who is a good or bad poster.

I don't think the "bad posters" care.

merda forums has some kind of awards they give. Like for the most serious poster, best rookie, best poster, funniest poster etc etc.

And IMO it's like the most ******** thing ever, gives me a feeling of something that would happen in a kindergarten.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
92ACAD61-C990-638A-AD90DD36016599EE.jpg

:D

no its not for awards purpose and such, that is subjective, this is objective quantifying of posts. Should be visible how many negative and how many positive reps posters have and remind people constantly who sucks and who rocks:)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
lol, yeah I know about these...

I should have added that they put some kind of "thing" above the avatar that states that they've won the award. That was the silly thing I was talking about.

Oh... yeah, that is a bit over the top.

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
what madridista is tryinng to say, you know on youtube theirs the thumbs up or thumbs down for comments? just like that. No awards or anything stupid like that.

Edit:
@milanmb
I think its safe to say that guy has no life. 18,000+ post count!!.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
92ACAD61-C990-638A-AD90DD36016599EE.jpg

:D

no its not for awards purpose and such, that is subjective, this is objective quantifying of posts. Should be visible how many negative and how many positive reps posters have and remind people constantly who sucks and who rocks:)

That's a good idea in theory. The problem is that comments that get "props" aren't necessarily comments that are good. They are comments that are popular. It also encourages members to start competing against each other.

One of the best things to happen on this forum was when the post count was removed from the area where under the name and avatar. It put everyone on a more even footing and encouraged content of a post to be judged based on the content and not the person posting it. As sad as it sounds, there were members who thought they had more credibility because of their ridiculously high post count.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
lol, yeah I know about these...

I should have added that they put some kind of "thing" above the avatar that states that they've won the award. That was the silly thing I was talking about.

Oh... yeah, that is a bit over the top.
Hey...I wanna have "2nd Top Poster in 2008" as my tagline. :o.

Edit:
@milanmb
I think its safe to say that guy has no life. 18,000+ post count!!.
TBF, having a life isn't regarded by the 18,000+ post, it's the posting ratio that can either indicate lack of like or being logged in the forum in your phone-obsession :D (not judging I have the same issue).

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
That's a good idea in theory. The problem is that comments that get "props" aren't necessarily comments that are good. They are comments that are popular. It also encourages members to start competing against each other.

One of the best things to happen on this forum was when the post count was removed from the area where under the name and avatar. It put everyone on a more even footing and encouraged content of a post to be judged based on the content and not the person posting it. As sad as it sounds, there were members who thought they had more credibility because of their ridiculously high post count.
If it isn't post count, then it's how long you've been a member of these forums. :head:

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If it isn't post count, then it's how long you've been a member of these forums. :head:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that category disappear as well.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well ultimately, the majority vote should prevail, which would give a far more objective picture. And whats wrong with competition if it boosts quality?

Still haven't heard the mods/admins on their stance about this.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sorry, double post

Last edited:

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well ultimately, the majority vote should prevail, which would give a far more objective picture. And whats wrong with competition if it boosts quality?

Still haven't heard the mods/admins on their stance about this.

Competition does not necessarily boost quality. In this instance, I'd venture to guess that it would decrease quality if people are aiming for reputation points. Gaizka has amazing posts that take a lot of time an effort to write. I'd be bullshit if those have the same value as some "zinger" reply that is picking on an unpopular member. And say two members get into an argument, you better believe that people are petty enough to go and downvote every other comment the other person has made.

The "majority should prevail" mentality is very dangerous. Often times, the popular answer isn't the right answer.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I have to side with SouthClaw on this. It'll be to much of a popularity competition...

What's wrong with the way things are now?

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Most of the people have a hard on for change. :p

obama-change-nm.jpg

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Competition does not necessarily boost quality. In this instance, I'd venture to guess that it would decrease quality if people are aiming for reputation points. Gaizka has amazing posts that take a lot of time an effort to write. I'd be bullshit if those have the same value as some "zinger" reply that is picking on an unpopular member. And say two members get into an argument, you better believe that people are petty enough to go and downvote every other comment the other person has made.

The "majority should prevail" mentality is very dangerous. Often times, the popular answer isn't the right answer.
Not tryin to suck your dick or anything but there's a lot of wisdom and maturity in your posts (no homo). There are very popular schools of thought that are absolutely idiotic and do nothing but engender mob mentality against those who seem to disagree. Excellent post claw you're becoming one of my favourite posters....but get back the Ryu avatar though.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not tryin to suck your dick or anything but there's a lot of wisdom and maturity in your posts (no homo). There are very popular schools of thought that are absolutely idiotic and do nothing but engender mob mentality against those who seem to disagree. Excellent post claw you're becoming one of my favourite posters....but get back the Ryu avatar though.

Gotta find the picture and fix it up again. I do kinda miss it.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The whole voting thing is silly, all the groups that are together/friends will just vote each others posts up giving a skew picture of everything. Not to mention the competition it would create, which has been pointed out by other members. Its working the way it is, the good posters stay and the bad posters get bans.

Schedule